[Article] Kevin Bieksa praises Canucks’ ‘unbelievable’ NHL veteran-laden coaching staff

RWJC

I really love Bieksa's insight and the fact that he's remained on board with this team. He knows what's up.

This part "how the game is played and structure, like, it's more like skill development".

I am hopeful and optimistic....I'm also ready for the masses to scream at the team at the first hint of any kind of struggle. We're on edge here...we want this team to do well. They have so many tools in place to help them, it's a matter of them coming together as a team and not letting up. 

I think they've learned enough about how hard it is to dig out of a hole that they'll be more vigilant about not letting things get away from them. 

• Cheers 4

Structure is key, its what has been laking for years

This year definitely feels a bit more ‘magical’ than the last few seasons. Even though the Sedins passed the torch to Bo it seems that this is the group that will be succeeding the Sedin era in having the brothers being a part of it

Edited by Johnny
  • Cheers 1

Thanks OP for posting this article.

Yes, when JR took over I knew he'd bring in great management and coaching staff. 

Loved the way Foote played and also a fan of Gonchar when they played. They bring a lot of experience and knowledge to any coaching staff. 

On 9/24/2023 at 8:59 AM, Ghostsof1915 said:

All apologies to Ray. But if I was Sportsnet. If Kevin wanted the analyst/colour guy job I'd give it to him.

Frankly,  Hansen blows them both out of the water in terms of how he comes across and breadth of knowledge.

Those two guys see the game as ex-players.  If you hear Hansen’s radio hits, he can talk about coaching, salary cap, roster construction, etc.  He is the guy I want sitting interviewing people between periods.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2023 at 8:06 AM, -dlc- said:

I really love Bieksa's insight and the fact that he's remained on board with this team. He knows what's up.

This part "how the game is played and structure, like, it's more like skill development".

I am hopeful and optimistic....I'm also ready for the masses to scream at the team at the first hint of any kind of struggle. We're on edge here...we want this team to do well. They have so many tools in place to help them, it's a matter of them coming together as a team and not letting up. 

I think they've learned enough about how hard it is to dig out of a hole that they'll be more vigilant about not letting things get away from them. 

DLC fan here, I had not seen you post until now, so now my new CFF experience is back in order, thank you.

GCG