[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | May 20th, 6:00PM PT | Round 2, Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)

Posted (edited)

Burr scores less than 3 mins into the game 

21 secs into third, Burr gets a penalty shot.  Doesn't score.  

Watch the last 2 mins of third.  

Bieksa pass to Burr got turnover to Toews, who then scores SHG. 

In OT, Burr took a penalty 24 secs into OT.   Big kill by Lui, then Burr slays the dragon.  

We need a hero tonight.  

Edited by Jaimito
  • Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm a little younger. Great something more to look forward too... lol.

The list is long and not terribly kind but every bit of it is a gift considering the alternative 🤣

• Wiener 1

43 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Someone needs to knock the moustache off the other side of this face tonight. Kane too.

Who shaves his face? A 7 year old?

442485681_10160917630310549_695032420263

There's a reason I'm a little hostile today. Went out with my flags on the car (7) and had a few Oiler displaced hillbillies tell me what's up. Or at least try to. One in a big black lilpenis mobile truck...pulled up beside me at the light to say F OFF Canuck fan.

Are you lost? Oh right, you can't read (a map), forgot.

My Dad says I have to be nice...I could get into trouble with my fiery ways. I'm trying, Dad.

7 flags?? One per win?

• Like 2

Obviously don't like our odds but if we play a solid team game, almost like a road game, we can beat them. Tempted to load up our big guys at some point just to see what happens - Petey, Lindholm and Miller.

This has all the makings for an Oiler's blowout but we can't forget that we thumped them just 2 games ago. 

If we win it'll be down to McDavid and Draisaitl sucking, Silovs playing out of his mind and some good depth scoring.

2-1 Canucks in OT, Lindholm with the winner.

8 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

In OT, Burr took a penalty 24 secs into OT.   Big kill by Lui, then Burr slays the dragon.  

We need a hero tonight.  

The call went out for Linden but he is biking somewhere. 🙂  Can you imagine Linden in his prime playing wing for JT Miller. 

• chaos 1

13 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Burr scores less than 3 mins into the game 

21 secs into third, Burr gets a penalty shot.  Doesn't score.  

We need a hero tonight.  

Remember it like it was yesterday....

Every detail of that day, leading up to the game onward.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

If the Nucks win tonight, I’m reversing everyone’s Penalty Points!

:frantic:

I’ll take everyone off ignore. Note: it may take a day or two

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

Canucks' Podkolzin out; Mikheyev, Lafferty back in for Game 7

TSN.ca Staff
Published May 20, 2024 at 01:27 PM ET

•  

Head coach Rick Tocchet told reporters that forward Vasily Podkolzin will not play in Game 7, while forwards Ilya Mikheyev and Sam Lafferty will draw in against the Edmonton Oilers Monday night.

Podkolzin, the No. 10 overall selection in the 2019 NHL Draft, was among the skaters doing extra work at Monday's abbreviated practice session, indicating he would not suit up for the evening's deciding game. The 22-year-old played the last two games for the Canucks and was a plus-one with two shots on goal. He had two assists in 19 games during the regular season. 

“We’re looking at two guys coming in tonight,” Tocchet said of Mikheyev and Lafferty, who were healthy scratches in each of the previous two games. 

Mikheyev did not have a point in the first four games of the series against the Oilers after scoring 11 goals in 78 regular season games. 

Lafferty also came out of the lineup after playing the first four games of the series without a point. He had 13 goals and 11 assists for 34 points in 79 games during the regular season.

Tocchet also confirmed Arturs Silovs will start in net for Vancouver as expected. He has started every game since Casey DeSmith went down with injury for the Canucks, who was playing in place of an injured Thatcher Demko.

Silovs has a .898 save percentage and a 2.89 goals-against average in nine playoff games this spring.

The winner of the series will go on to play the Dallas Stars in the Western Conference Final.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

If the Nucks win tonight, I’m reversing everyone’s Penalty Points!

:frantic:

Cool, since the Canucks will win tonight, you have given carte-blanche to say/do just about anything ...

image.gif.9bd19e94d775b639e38de5adcd9b85f3.gif

GO CANUCKS GO! WIN FOR BROCK!