Aiden Celebrini | D

6 hours ago, Wall of Wonder said:

Celebrini with 1 goal and 1 assist so far.  Game is 7-1 Boston University. 

This is an annoyance for me with college games.  

Notre Dame sucks and just didn't provide a good enough opposition for a competitive game. So much variance between unranked teams and the top ones. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What's the knock on Aiden being drafted in the 6th round?

Is it his skating?

Defensive ability?

Is he the biggest defenceman? No, but he probably will grow into a decent frame.

But we're not talking Jordan Subban here.  Is it just limited upside?

Because we could use some stay at home defencemen who can skate. Especially one that plays physical.

Anyone know?

Edited by Ghostsof1915

10 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

What's the knock on Aiden being drafted in the 6th round?

Is it his skating?

Defensive ability?

Is he the biggest defenceman? No, but he probably will grow into a decent frame.

But we're not talking Jordan Subban here.  Is it just limited upside?

Because we could use some stay at home defencemen who can skate. Especially one that plays physical.

Anyone know?

He was old for the draft class and put up only mediocre numbers in a not top tier junior league (AJHL, Junior A). Kind of cool that he gets to play college hockey with his brother and so far seems to be having a very solid freshman season.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Don't know what Patrik Alvin has been doing with Benning's scouting staff. What ever it is, the two drafts he's has had are shaping up to be some of the best ever by the Canuck organization. Thinking that Aiden follows this trend.

Guessing that Aedin becomes a solid right shot NHL defenceman for us in the distant future.

he is more of a defensive defensemen and he had a pretty solid freshman showing also he is only 19, a lot of D1 freshman are 20 or 21 yrs old 

he is also in a great program which can develop him nicely.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

he is more of a defensive defensemen and he had a pretty solid freshman showing also he is only 19, a lot of D1 freshman are 20 or 21 yrs old 

he is also in a great program which can develop him nicely.

This is why I go here. Informed, knowledgeable people that follow our prospects. I know hardly anything about Aedin. Now I know more thanks to you. Nevertheless I like guessing about his future.

52 minutes ago, Alexandre said:

This is why I go here. Informed, knowledgeable people that follow our prospects. I know hardly anything about Aedin. Now I know more thanks to you. Nevertheless I like guessing about his future.

I would bet he gets an Ahl contract in 1-3 years he could very well play NHL games

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alexandre said:

Don't know what Patrik Alvin has been doing with Benning's scouting staff. What ever it is, the two drafts he's has had are shaping up to be some of the best ever by the Canuck organization. Thinking that Aiden follows this trend.

Guessing that Aedin becomes a solid right shot NHL defenceman for us in the distant future.

Mr.  Burrows.........is that you?!