[Proposal] Podkolzin (VAN) for Ceulemans (CBJ)

Swap of prospects

Podkolzin for Ceulemans

Canucks add another young RHD, columbus has top pick Jiricek ahead of Ceulemans and a load NHL rhd as it is. So maybe a former top 10 pick in Podkolzin would interest them?

Some may want more in return for Podkolzin?!??

So time for you all to piss on my proposal...

I'd do Podkolzin for Peeke or Boqvist or Blakenburg but it's risky, Podz is a top-10 pick who really should have shown some promise by now but might be a slow burner. Peeke is currently playing on their bottom pairing, big physical RD who can play 20+ minutes but got shelled last year but has all the right tools. Boqvist is a smaller puck mover who can drop 40 pts. Blakenburg surprised everyone last year, seems like a reliable 2-way defender. I'd prefer Peeke but Podz seems like a lot to give up, whereas I'm sure CBJ think the other way around so it's probably a fair trade then value-wise.

My other thought would be Beauvillier + Rathbone/Woo for Peeke.

1 hour ago, Hogs and Podz said:

We just have to be more patient with Podz... He's almost there.  Looks to be a bit of a late bloomer learning how to manage pressure.  He'll get there and I still believe he'll be an important impact player... Hopefully on this team!

I agree. The kid is only 22. He's a good guy who has the right attitude and attributes. 

He did manage to score two goals tonight in his first game of the season, so there's that.

He just needs to keep playing, find his confidence, and as I keep saying, take boxing lessons because of his style of play, he's going to need to play hard, which will piss off a lot of people and he'll need to back himself up.  

He's going to be fine. We need him on our team.

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, Hogs and Podz said:

We just have to be more patient with Podz... He's almost there.  Looks to be a bit of a late bloomer learning how to manage pressure.  He'll get there and I still believe he'll be an important impact player... Hopefully on this team!

Let's be honest... You just don't want to change your name!

• Haha 2

On 10/12/2023 at 6:57 PM, Nucker67 said:

IMO, I would prefer a RD with NHL experience, like maybe Peeke, but I know if CBJ does that trade. 

Ha ha CBJ does that in an instant. Peeke is like a -30 last year or worse, i didnt look it up but he is lost without his training wheels or whatever. what are those blow up things you put on arms when you throw kids in the pool?

Ya he needs those things.

19 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Podz....kind of has no real value right now.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news in this instance

You certainly aren't the bearer of bad news. You are just speaking truthfully and it's a little bit mind-boggling how people think he's worth so much more. If we had to trade him right now I would be more than happy with this return.