CFL / BC Lions activity

Barnstorm

After the stupid decision to not kick a field goal with about 10 minutes to go, I turned it off. 
Lions we’re playing like hot garbage against one of the worst teams in the league, and coach was mentally checking out, so……..

Glad to see that the boys found a way to get it done. 

• Cheers 2

A not so common Friday evening game this week. 

BC Lions at Edmonton Elks

6:30 pst start. 
Lions are 9-4 (.692) with 350 points for and 279 against. 
Elk are 4-10 (.286) with 380 points for 

and 365 against. 

Lions can clinch a playoff spot with a victory. 
Time for the Lions to feast on some tasty elk meat.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Barnstorm said:

It was piss poor. You would think they would have it properly organized to advise viewers where to go  if the first game of doubleheader ran late. 

The CFL doubleheaders used to be 4pm pacific game 1 and 7pm pacific game 2…not sure why they’ve had some 4pm and 6:30pm now, plus not everyone has all TSN channels

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Johngould21 said:

The Elks have improved a lot, but 3 interceptions made this game a whole lot closer than it should have been. Betts is a beauty! 

Biggest hole in Adam's' game is interceptions.

If he could have cleaned those up earlier in his career, he'd be well on his way to a borderline hall of famer.

https://www.statscrew.com/football/stats/p-adamsver002#google_vignette

"Vernon Adams has played from 2016 to 2023 during his career with the BC Lions, Montreal Alouettes and Saskatchewan Roughriders. Adams has thrown for 11,774 yards in his career, completing 864 of 1,350 passes with 72 touchdowns and 41 interceptions. He also has run for 1,342 yards in 253 attempts with 21 rushing touchdowns.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Biggest hole in Adam's' game is interceptions.

If he could have cleaned those up earlier in his career, he'd be well on his way to a borderline hall of famer.

https://www.statscrew.com/football/stats/p-adamsver002#google_vignette

"Vernon Adams has played from 2016 to 2023 during his career with the BC Lions, Montreal Alouettes and Saskatchewan Roughriders. Adams has thrown for 11,774 yards in his career, completing 864 of 1,350 passes with 72 touchdowns and 41 interceptions. He also has run for 1,342 yards in 253 attempts with 21 rushing touchdowns.

This is what I worry about vs the Bombers, or Argo’s come playoff time. I like how he saw openers when his receivers were covered, and rushed to get the yardage. He cleans up the turnovers, the postseason will be fun.

• Upvote 1

Game was closer than we would have liked, but a win is a win...

I'm actually happy the Elks as doing better now. The losing streak was becoming a bit of a joke that reflected poorly on the entire league, IMO...

Aside from that, I like seeing a Canadian QB step up and do what his American predecessor couldn't.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2