[Fired] Dorion out as GM in Ottawa

oof... the Gm doesnt even get a chance to fire the assistant GM... they didnt even get to the meeting before they fired him... meeting is about how many others going to get skidded i guess. and who can replace them...

2 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Timing seems odd given the problem was well known for some time.

the first round pick penalty... just dropped an hour ago...

I wonder if they've got someone in mind to replace him long term. One can point to 1st round pick being the last straw but I'd assume this was something that was probably being explored for a while. Do they bring in an interim guy or have they been interviewing on the down low?

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I wonder if they've got someone in mind to replace him long term. One can point to 1st round pick being the last straw but I'd assume this was something that was probably being explored for a while. Do they bring in an interim guy or have they been interviewing on the down low?

My guess is ever since September 22nd, when Andlauer officially took over as Sens owner.

They have a press conference coming up shortly, I am sure we will hear more about their plans.

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Some Ottawa fans on reddit said they read a rumour tht Peter Chiarelli could be the replacement GM... :classic_ninja:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Goalie29 said:

My guess is ever since September 22nd, when Andlauer officially took over as Sens owner.

They have a press conference coming up shortly, I am sure we will hear more about their plans.

I'd assume so, new ownership axing old management isn't exactly revolutionary. 

Ottawa was the guilty party?

From the league:

Senators to forfeit 1st-round pick in 2024, 2025 or 2026 NHL Draft

Ottawa penalized for role in trades of Dadonov to Golden Knights, Ducks

ByNHL Public Relations
November 01, 2023

NEW YORK – TORONTO – The National Hockey League today announced that the Ottawa Senators will forfeit a first-round draft pick for their role in the July 2021 trade of Player Evgenii Dadonov from the Senators to the Vegas Golden Knights and the subsequent, invalidated March 2022 Dadonov trade between the Golden Knights and the Anaheim Ducks.

Ottawa will forfeit its first-round draft pick in one of the 2024, 2025 or 2026 Drafts. The determination as to which pick will be forfeited will be made by Ottawa within 24 hours of the conclusion of the Draft Lottery for that year. The League will have no further comment on the matter.

Its a mixture of hiring Pierre McGuire who later got fired 9 months later, drafting Tyler Boucher in the top 10 (McGuire advisement) who has turned out to be the next Olli Juolevi, Dadonov's situation in not submitting the NTC, losing a first round pick, and Ottawa's poor start after spending up to the cap and trading multiple picks for Debrincat that led to a very low return. 

Dorian had it coming, too many moves that has led to a brick wall of going nowhere.

How do they fail to disclose the list?

Like they forgot to add  the appendix of the limited no trade clause of his contract with the remaining documents?

I dont know how 2 professional teams overlook it.

Scenario A- If Ottawa didn't include the limited NTC list... If I was Vegas, I would say, I see he has a limited NTC in his contract. Could you send the list? Then Ottawa would have to send it.

Scenario B- Ottawa sent an "incorrect list" either maliciously or as a total screw up and copied and pasted the wrong players list... I dont think any GM would be unethical enough to send another GM a "doctored" NTC list. That would be downright fraudulent and maybe even legal troubles.  My guess is that someone in the office copied the wrong list and sent it over.  

12 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Is Brian Burke retired? I wonder if he’s be considered. 

He's the Executive Director of the Professional Women’s Hockey League Player's Association.

My guess is he wouldn't drop this job to be an NHL GM again.