Your top 10 video games of all-time?

shiznak

• 2 weeks later...

Atari 2600+ review: Gaming like it’s 1977 again

https://www.cnn.com/cnn-underscored/reviews/atari-2600-plus

From Atari Interactive, Inc. comes the Atari 2600+, the highly anticipated refresh of the Atari Video Computer System (VCS), Atari’s legendary console that was first released in September 1977.

Launching on Nov. 17 and retailing for $130 at Atari, the Atari 2600+ ships with the console, a standard controller and a 10-in-1 games cartridge.

The cartridge includes the following games: Adventure, Combat, Dodge ’Em, Haunted House, Maze Craze, Missile Command, Realsports Volleyball, Surround, Video Pinball and Yars’ Revenge.

I don't think I have a top 10 as I'm pretty picky, but the ones that are on the list for sure are:

• Final Fantasy 7
  • Skyrim
  • Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
  • Red Dead Redemption 2
  • Mass Effect
  • Diablo 2
  • Pokemon Diamond / Pearl

There are a ton of games that I really enjoy (Final Fantasy 8 and 9, Starcraft, KOTOR, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, Persona 5 Royal, Gran Turismo games, Uncharted games, The Last of Us games, Dark Souls games, Grand Theft Auto 5, etc.) but I wouldn't put them on my Mount Rushmore of video games. I plan on replaying GTA 5 soon so that may make the list someday. I also still have to play The Witcher 3 so that may very well make the list as well.

Edited by Iron Man
  • Cheers 1

• 3 months later...

This would truly suck- and is a main reason why I'd never buy a downloaded game.

Hard copy or no more than $5  purch price, thanks

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/technology/ps5-owners-lose-access-to-hundreds-of-games-as-digital-purchases-wiped-from-their-accounts/ar-BB1juMWK?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=f760bf223e9f43989fce0fc9a082e4c0&ei=49

"

A strange bug is removing people’s games on PlayStation 4 and 5, and Vita, and Sony doesn’t have a fix.

It wasn’t long ago that PlayStation sparked fan outrage when it said it would remove Discovery video content from people’s libraries, even though they had paid for it.

PlayStation later backtracked, but a similar, unintentional, issue has now come up: a random bug that’s wiping digital games from people’s libraries.

The bug is affecting PlayStation 4 and 5, and PS Vita, and fans are certainly not happy about it.

At least 50 PlayStation owners have reported that their digital games are going missing.

----------------------------------------------

Mal.

Legend of Zelda OoT

Sonic Adventure Battle 2

GoldenEye 

Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild

Chrono Trigger 

Monster Hunter World

Legend of Zelda Link Between Worlds

Red Dead Redemption 2

Stardew Valley

Animal Crossing New Horizons

I didn't think too hard about this, I could probably bump those cozy games off the bottom, but this would be pretty close. Honourable mentions that could probably crack the top 10 depending on the day this list was created 

FF Tactics, GoW 2018, StarCraft Brood War Skyrim, Megaman 64, Super Smash Bros melee or 4, Pokemon Heart Gold 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2024 at 12:07 PM, MeanSeanBean said:

Legend of Zelda OoT

Sonic Adventure Battle 2

GoldenEye 

Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild

Chrono Trigger 

Monster Hunter World

Legend of Zelda Link Between Worlds

Red Dead Redemption 2

Stardew Valley

Animal Crossing New Horizons

I didn't think too hard about this, I could probably bump those cozy games off the bottom, but this would be pretty close. Honourable mentions that could probably crack the top 10 depending on the day this list was created 

FF Tactics, GoW 2018, StarCraft Brood War Skyrim, Megaman 64, Super Smash Bros melee or 4, Pokemon Heart Gold 

Late reply here but I absolutely loved the Chao stuff in Sonic Adventure Battle 2 as a kid. I never beat the main game (came close once but a kid who was staying with us reset the GameCube when I had it paused on like the last mission). But the Chao stuff was great and definitely was the main part of the game for me.

Stardew Valley is lovely. I like choosing the Fishing Farm and putting cages all around the perimeter of the water, then going for the trapper upgrades in the skill tree.

OOT is another childhood favourite. I haven't played it in probably 15 years but still some great memories there.

And Pokemon HG/SS was peak Pokemon.

4 hours ago, 112 said:

Late reply here but I absolutely loved the Chao stuff in Sonic Adventure Battle 2 as a kid. I never beat the main game (came close once but a kid who was staying with us reset the GameCube when I had it paused on like the last mission). But the Chao stuff was great and definitely was the main part of the game for me.

Stardew Valley is lovely. I like choosing the Fishing Farm and putting cages all around the perimeter of the water, then going for the trapper upgrades in the skill tree.

OOT is another childhood favourite. I haven't played it in probably 15 years but still some great memories there.

And Pokemon HG/SS was peak Pokemon.

I adored raising Chaos. My little JoJo was my pride and joy. I played the heck out of that game, beat every level, all 5 times or whatever it was to get every letter. Never mastered it with all S, but got my monies worth.

Stardew is one of my GOAT games, the wife and I have played several different farms. Our last farm was the ocean farm, and it was a ton of fun. 

Zelda is my favorite franchise, OOT holds up well. If given the chance to play the 3DS remake, I would highly recommend it. Same with MM, tons of quality life features were well welcomed from someone who has beat those games numerous times.

HG/SS was peak, agreed. I reckon I have played every mainline Pokémon game, but some more then others. black/white 2 was also very good. XY was the first time I completed the Dex. My favourite playthrough of HG was a shiny run I did, with 2 shiny Cubones (my favorite pokemon) and nothing else. Did evolve one to a Marowak, but the other stayed a Cubone the entire game. Only used those 2 Pokemon the entire game. Cuboid and Navicular are still around somewhere, I think traded up to XY

• Like 2

Tough to list in a proper order, but roughly speaking:

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

3. Donkey Kong 64

4. Rocket League

5. Minecraft

6. Rimworld

7. Pokemon White/Black

8. Dishonoured 2

9. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor

10. Assassin's Creed 2: Brotherhood

HM: Horizon Zero Dawn

Got pretty difficult after the first six to weed out the rest. I've played tons of pokemon games and although Black/White isn't my most nostalgic, I think it's hard to argue they aren't the best ones. The music and story of the game is among the best they've ever done and a lot of the wonky mechanics from old games were made proper by the time the generation V games of Black/White came out.

Dishonoured was a good game, but Dishonoured 2 is one of the very few single player story games I've started a new game+ on and gotten a considerable way in. Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor's story is pretty lacking, but the gameplay is among the best I've ever played. So fun.

Like the Pokemon games, I've played almost every Assassin's Creed game, starting with 2, but I enjoyed the gameplay of Brotherhood more.

Horizon Zero Dawn is the first game that taught me more advanced combat that allowed me to try games like Breath of the Wild, Elden Ring, and Monster Hunter: World. Currently playing tons of Monster Hunter: World, so maybe that'll creep up on the list eventually, who knows.

Seeing the mentions of Stardew Valley and I considered that for my list too. Over 200 hours of gameplay, but I haven't reached the end game. Might start another world with a friend now that the new update is now and maybe we'll actually make it to end game finally haha.

I fried my xbox awhile ago. Not sure how long ago. Finally getting it fixed. I can't wait to get it back, and dive back into red dead, and be a COMPLETE sociopath.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to purchase a Steam Deck once my tax return comes in (priorities). I haven't been able to play any of my games for a long time now after the tragic passing of my gaming laptop. And when I still had it, I was too depressed to play anything, so I have a lot of gaming to catch up on. I'm looking forward to Baldur's Gate 3, Valheim, some Civ 6, RDR2, and TES Online the most--all of which I have purchased. BG3 and Civ 6 are the only ones I have a decent chunk of hours in, and I haven't played the former since it was in early access. May's going to be a good month for me.