Galchenyek Video from police body cam

2 minutes ago, Olli Juolevi said:

He's an American citizen by way of being born in the States, but he's got Belorussian parents and spent most of his childhood in Europe. He's got a discernible accent.

he does, but he's a full US citizen, not dual.  He played three years in the OHL, so most of his life was spent in NA.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Provost said:

1 hour ago, stawns said:

He's an American actually

Ummm, thanks tips…

The dude is literally playing in Russia in the KHL …. So ya, he is there and he needs to stay there.  Literally no one was talking about his citizenship before you randomly came in “correcting” folks on it.

Also, born in the US because his dad was playing hockey there.  Moved back to Europe and Russia when he was little.

Edited by Provost
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

Ummm, thanks tips…

The dude is literally playing in Russia in the KHL …. So ya, he is there and he needs to stay there.  Literally no one was talking about his citizenship before you randomly came in “correcting” folks on it.

Also, born in the US because his dad was playing hockey there.  Moved back to Europe and Russia when he was little.

Will Ferrell Elf GIF by filmeditor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

he does, but he's a full US citizen, not dual.  He played three years in the OHL, so most of his life was spent in NA.

Sounds like he has a lot of Russian Mob connections, either way I am sure he will be fine there. 

I don't know too many American's or Canadians that have the ability to wipe out entire bloodlines with one phone call. 

• Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

Sounds like he has a lot of Russian Mob connections, either way I am sure he will be fine there. 

Actually, it sounds like he's really drunk/stoned and making empty threats. Seriously, what use would a Russian mob have for a has-been hockey player with no power, influence or fortune?

12 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

Actually, it sounds like he's really drunk/stoned and making empty threats. Seriously, what use would a Russian mob have for a has-been hockey player with no power, influence or fortune?

Obviously that's the case, but I'm sure most of us would be surprised how intertwined the Russian mob actually is with hockey. Guaranteed they own at least a few KHL teams. 

• Cheers 1

There's another (full) video out there. Pretty despicable. 

I do understand that substance abuse and mental health issues can come into play, but the racist stuff isn't generally CAUSED by those things, it's just exposed.

And his threats towards "your wife, your daughter".  Inexcusable. Send the big man to jail and see how that stands up.

There's help for people out there and this angry ball of hate needs to find some.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

There's another (full) video out there. Pretty despicable. 

I do understand that substance abuse and mental health issues can come into play, but the racist stuff isn't generally CAUSED by those things, it's just exposed.

And his threats towards "your wife, your daughter".  Inexcusable. Send the big man to jail and see how that stands up.

There's help for people out there and this angry ball of hate needs to find some.

If he does the work to become a better human then you can lean to addiction. If he doesn't, well then we know it's the other stuff.