Dmitri Zlodeyev | C

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Certainly a lot of question marks with him. He is 22 so there is still a bit of time for him to improve. Guessing he really does not want to go back to Russia and wind up getting drafted. Management must have seen something in his game to sign him to sign him in the 1st place.

Only saw 2 live games in which he played. Largely looked like he trying to find what his niche was in the game. Often paired with Chase Wouters and Ty Glover, who primarily play a grinding type of game and he mostly spent time on the wing, where he is naturally a center. 

Colliton seems to be interested in developing him as a forechecker, which makes sense because I don't know if Dmitri has defined enough skills to be a legitimate center in the NHL. 

Its quite telling though that lately Colliton has been rolling a 11/7 lineup and often seeing Zlodeyev on the outside looking in. I think they are trying to rebuild his game.

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Only saw 2 live games in which he played. Largely looked like he trying to find what his niche was in the game. Often paired with Chase Wouters and Ty Glover, who primarily play a grinding type of game and he mostly spent time on the wing, where he is naturally a center. 

Colliton seems to be interested in developing him as a forechecker, which makes sense because I don't know if Dmitri has defined enough skills to be a legitimate center in the NHL. 

Its quite telling though that lately Colliton has been rolling a 11/7 lineup and often seeing Zlodeyev on the outside looking in. I think they are trying to rebuild his game.

An interesting take. Thank you.