NFL Thread

Shift-4

Oh no.  Chandler Jones has gone loco.  He was hospitalized to a psych ward by the police and was released today.

He's on social media literally bursting into tears about Aaron Hernandez saying his current HC had something to do with his death and that he didn't kill himself in prison.  In a subsequent tweet he said he believes that Hernandez was killed in Industrial Park and intimated that McDaniel was involved.

He's also going off on others as well.  Exposing an NFLPA employees phone number, etc., etc.

You have to wonder if this is CTE rearing it's ugly head.

F7ICyHtaAAAFv9G?format=png&name=small

F7HOEbpXAAAIC0r?format=png&name=900x900

F7HOD2KXMAAkXpz?format=png&name=900x900

Edited by Sabrefan1

On 9/24/2023 at 8:12 PM, Heretic said:

Oh, what a great game by my Patriots! 

Not!

Man, I miss Brady - going to be a long, long time before they are ever competitive again.

Without the greatest QB ever on his team running his offense, Belichick is back to being the coach he was in Cleveland.  A .500 coach who is an excellent defensive coordinator.  Last season's losing record was a direct result of his ego.

As far as this season is going so far, Belichick better not make it a losing one or Kraft may kick him to the curb or at the very least, remove him from being the defacto GM.

This is important!

ChatGPT’s Taylor Swift / Travis Kelce’s break up song:

"Certainly! Here are some fictional lyrics for a Taylor Swift-style breakup song inspired by the idea of a relationship with Travis Kelce:"

(Verse 1) You wore that jersey, with your name so bold, Said you'd catch my heart, and never let it go. But you were just a player, in this love affair, Running all your routes, without a single care. 

(Pre-Chorus) Oh, Travis, you had me fooled, But now I see through all your moves. You're just a quarterback of lies, Throwing my heart away, no alibis.

(Chorus) This is my breakup song, for Travis Kelce, You left me in the end zone, feeling so empty. I'm taking back my heart, and I'm moving on, No more touchdowns in the game you played me on.

(Verse 2) You said you'd be my MVP, my shining star, But you fumbled the love we had, you took it way too far. I thought we were a team, but it was just a game, You threw away our love, and it's such a shame.

(Pre-Chorus) Oh, Travis, you had me fooled, But now I see through all your moves. You're just a quarterback of lies, Throwing my heart away, no alibis.

(Chorus) This is my breakup song, for Travis Kelce, You left me in the end zone, feeling so empty. I'm taking back my heart, and I'm moving on, No more touchdowns in the game you played me on.

(Bridge) I'll find someone who's true, who won't deceive, No more Hail Mary passes, no more tricks up your sleeve. I'll heal these scars you left, and I'll be fine, No more chasing after you on that broken line.

(Outro) So, Travis, you can keep your game and fame, I'm walking off this field, and I won't be the same. This is my breakup song, and now it's through, I'm the winner here, and I don't need you.

Edited by Bounce000

Cowboys’ Micah Parsons named NFC Defensive Player of the Month

The lion of the Dallas Cowboys defense feasted in the season’s opening month.

For his massive production the first three games of 2023, Micah Parsons has been named NFC defensive player of the month, the league announced on Thursday.

Parsons, who was also named NFC defensive player of the week for his performance against the New York Jets in Week 2, has been a nightmare for opposing quarterbacks with four sacks in his first three games.

He also has eight QB hits, five tackles for loss, one pass defense, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery (plus the return to the end zone on the same fumble against the Jets which was later overturned by review).

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2023/09/28/cowboys-micah-parsons-named-nfc-defensive-player-of-the-month/?sailthru_id=62680b6b4f757f64bad573cd&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Cowboys_09292023&utm_term=Cowboys

• Thanks 1

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38536841/bears-chase-claypool-inactive-vs-broncos-source-confirms

CHICAGO -- Chicago Bears wide receiver Chase Claypool will be inactive against the Denver Broncos on Sunday, a source confirmed to ESPN.

It will be the first missed game this season for Claypool, who expressed frustration Friday with his usage in the offense.

The Bears are also making an adjustment to their depth chart at quarterback, where rookie Tyson Bagent will now back up Justin Fields, according to a source.

Claypool said Friday that he did not think he has been put in the best position to showcase his skill set, saying he has "been adapting to the new system and my new role in the system and trying to make the most out of it."

Edited by runningback33

On 9/29/2023 at 3:47 PM, UnkNuk said:

Cowboys’ Micah Parsons named NFC Defensive Player of the Month

The lion of the Dallas Cowboys defense feasted in the season’s opening month.

For his massive production the first three games of 2023, Micah Parsons has been named NFC defensive player of the month, the league announced on Thursday.

Parsons, who was also named NFC defensive player of the week for his performance against the New York Jets in Week 2, has been a nightmare for opposing quarterbacks with four sacks in his first three games.

He also has eight QB hits, five tackles for loss, one pass defense, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery (plus the return to the end zone on the same fumble against the Jets which was later overturned by review).

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2023/09/28/cowboys-micah-parsons-named-nfc-defensive-player-of-the-month/?sailthru_id=62680b6b4f757f64bad573cd&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Cowboys_09292023&utm_term=Cowboys

He looked absolutely unstoppable the first two weeks.....and then came the Cardinals game....:classic_unsure:

Hid did manage one sack (and 2 tackles) but the team only had 2 in total. Usually MP's mere presence means a few sacks for the rest of the D-Line. Just bizarre....

Still, fully deserved.

13 minutes ago, Pears said:

NFL getting a huge hard on for this Taylor Swift-Kelce thing. 

This.  Definitely this.

Your team did this last year and then went on a 10-1 run.  They'll hit their stride soon.

This Swift-Kelce thing won't go away unless KC starts losing and the fans turn on her.

4 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

He's famous so they'll be reluctant to shoot him unless he attacks a cop with a weapon or drives his vehicle at them. 

If they even recognize him they might be reluctant else they could see just another "dangerous black man." But you're right-- Police do tend to react differently with the rich and famous.

But were on all the same page. Just hope he gets whatever support he needs before something potentially awful happens this that or the other (if in fact brain trauma related behavior is what's going on.)

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Sabrefan1 said:

This.  Definitely this.

Your team did this last year and then went on a 10-1 run.  They'll hit their stride soon.

This Swift-Kelce thing won't go away unless KC starts losing and the fans turn on her.

That's what I'm hoping for, and it may take a healthy Burrow for that to happen which I'm not sure when that may be. What's really been exposed right now is the coaching staff's lack of creativity and straight up inability to scheme its premier receivers open. 

• Vintage 1

Dallas 38  New England 3

Dallas did a 'comprehensive thrashing' (my current new favourite phrase) of the Patriots on route to a 3-1 record.  Factoid from the game:  the 35 point loss was the biggest loss in Belichick's career as a head coach.

While the Boys' 3-1 record looks impressive, it has to be taken with a grain of salt.   The combined record of the three teams Dallas has beaten is 3-8.

Should get a better idea of where the Cowboys stand after next week's Sunday evening game against  San Francisco.

• Cheers 1