Is JT Miller the best player in the NHL right now?

Googlie

Just now, Nucker67 said:

He's up there, hope he keeps racking up the points

Best Forward - Miller or Petey?

Best D - Hughes

Best Goalie - Demk....nah, just kidding. He could be Top 5, though.

Yup. Hughes is clearly the best D. Petey and Miller are up there with the best forwards. Demko can be better. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

No Quinn Hughes is...

Or even Pettersson who is not at his best.  It does help to have two of the league's top players on the same power play unit.

On other teams, you have guys like Sam Reinhart and William Nylander who are carrying their underperforming teams.  They are doing more for their team as individuals than J.T. Miller.  And that's not a diss against anyone.

Canucks seem to have all 3 positions locked up, led by elite players.

F - Miller and Petey

D - Hughes

G - Demko

They have great coaching and player development, a real good GM who makes change. 

I think the only thing they may be missing is more toughness, maybe a player that is feared or that will keep opponent's heads on a swivel. 

I recall when VAN used to play VGK a few years ago and I hated it, because they had Reaves. He was impactful, just his presence. Canucks don't have anyone like that really, and they need that heading into the physical playoffs. Pettersson, Hughes. Hoglander, Garland, Beauvillier, Kuzmenko, etc. These guys aren't fighters, but could become targets. I'm not saying get Reaves, but get someone. 

Edited by Nucker67
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

I hear ya!!!

There it is! Do many troll posters here in the last couple of years saying Makar and Dahlin were generational. Those trolls have tucked tale and ran away like the cowards they truly are. Baby whiner cowards! 
Quinn Hughes is by far the most dominant and best D in this era. He is this eras Orr. Only trolls (in a Canucks board) would argue otherwise. 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

There it is! Do many troll posters here in the last couple of years saying Makar and Dahlin were generational. Those trolls have tucked tale and ran away like the cowards they truly are. Baby whiner cowards! 
Quinn Hughes is by far the most dominant and best D in this era. He is this eras Orr. Only trolls (in a Canucks board) would argue otherwise. 

I've long thought that Hughes has been ignored. And overpasses, especially by the media in the east. Well guys, guess what? Shit is getting REAL!!!!!

• Huggy Bear 1

That is definitely subjective, but he is my favourite player, no question....cups are won with players like him, I still can't believe we have him locked up on a value contract, despite the perceived "waning years" that some worry about (I don't, the guys a nasty, friggen horse, he will more than earn this contract through it's entirety)

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

I've long thought that Hughes has been ignored. And overpasses, especially by the media in the east. Well guys, guess what? Shit is getting REAL!!!!!

Huggable Hughes is this generations Orr. I’m just glad to see this kind of player again in my lifetime. And it’s doubly good he’s on the club I cheer for.

I think some of our fans really don’t understand his good Wuinn Hughes us. And to me, that’s sad. These fans must accept Hughes is a phenom. Before they realize this era will be over and they will be only then understanding the greatness of Hughes. But then it will be too late. 
Skf knows this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

31 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Huggable Hughes is this generations Orr. I’m just glad to see this kind of player again in my lifetime. And it’s doubly good he’s on the club I cheer for.

I think some of our fans really don’t understand his good Wuinn Hughes us. And to me, that’s sad. These fans must accept Hughes is a phenom. Before they realize this era will be over and they will be only then understanding the greatness of Hughes. But then it will be too late. 
Skf knows this. 

Orr was out of the game before I came along. I'm an '87 birthday. But I'm glad I kinda get to see this generations version. Hell, before he was even named captain, I bought a framed 8 x 10 that also came with a card. Haven't hung it yet. That's this weekends project.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO Hughes will win the Norris and the Hart. He’s the best player in the game. 

I don't disagree, but it raises an interesting "chicken & egg" question ....

Would QH have so many points without elite finishers like Brock, JT and Petey?  How would he fare quarterbacking McDavid & Draisaitl, or Matthews & Nylander?

or

Would that trio have so many grade A opportunities without QH's skill in distributing the puck to them In Prime scoring position?  Would their points be different with Makar behind them?

No matter.  It's just fabulous to be fan at a time when the 4 Amigos (and Demko) are reaching elite status

Edited by Googlie
  • Cheers 2