NHL Players Mutually Decide to Just Stop Fighting After Waling on Each Other for Almost a Minute Straight

3 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Respect from one warrior to another.

You love to see it. 

The code of honour and respect in the NHL is unmatched in other sports.

These guys and their peers are as tough as they come, and to continue throwing haymakers knowing their knuckles will keep on hitting a hard helmet, and doing so without malice, just knowing it is their jobs, and their livelihoods depend on it...mad respect.

After just a little tug at the elbow, "good job" or "you ok?" and they skate away until the next time....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Back in the day that fight would have just been getting started.  That's kind of like refusing to get off the stool and saying no mas after round two or three in boxing.

Now theres someone that remembers the Sugar Ray Leonard/Roberto Duran rivalry.

Ali and Frazier fought 15 rounds.

I'm not impressed by this hockey fight, it isn't anywhere near the top 100 of all time hockey fights.

They also look slower than Scortini and that's pretty slow.

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Rob Eh said:

Now theres someone that remembers the Sugar Ray Leonard/Roberto Duran rivalry.

Ali and Frazier fought 15 rounds.

I'm not impressed by this hockey fight, it isn't anywhere near the top 100 of all time hockey fights.

They also look slower than Scortini and that's pretty slow.

Plus our Canadian homey George Chuvalo who went the distance with Ali twice.

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Alf remembers listing to that fight (thought there was only one?) on the radio in the cow barn. George could sure take a punch. Alf got kicked in the head milking while listening. Don’t milk a cow (Molly) when cheering for Big George while she was clearly an Ali fan. 

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I watched every one of Ali's fights including both fights those George  Chuvalo fights. I thought Chuvalo actually won the first one, it was a razor close decision. Ali complimented his toughness and immediately gave him a rematch. Ali ducked no one. George Chuvalo was one of the toughest of all time.

There used to be a boxing chanel on YT that had every one of Ali's fights. It disappeared off of there unfortunately. 

When Ali died, CBC had a guy on that knew Ali named Spider Jones, that rekindled the nostalgia.

I saw Ali fight live on TV when i was really young, around 5 or 6 but i still remember.

Remember Good Racette? My dad worked in same division, logging in Port Alberni. He started by doing the So You Think You're Tough contest.

I'll post this because its a blast from the past, showing some landmarks like the old gym in Nanaimo and the extremely annoying, feathered hair having, Barry Hoolihan. This is in 6 parts.

• Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, Rob Eh said:

I watched every one of Ali's fights including both fights those George  Chuvalo fights. I thought Chuvalo actually won the first one, it was a razor close decision. Ali complimented his toughness and immediately gave him a rematch. Ali ducked no one. George Chuvalo was one of the toughest of all time.

There used to be a boxing chanel on YT that had every one of Ali's fights. It disappeared off of there unfortunately. 

When Ali died, CBC had a guy on that knew Ali named Spider Jones, that rekindled the nostalgia.

I saw Ali fight live on TV when i was really young, around 5 or 6 but i still remember.

Remember Good Racette? My dad worked in same division, logging in Port Alberni. He started by doing the So You Think You're Tough contest.

I'll post this because its a blast from the past, showing some landmarks like the old gym in Nanaimo and the extremely annoying, feathered hair having, Barry Hoolihan. This is in 6 parts.

I actually thought the Chuvalo / Ali fights looked more like Rocky and Apollo than the Ali / Wepner fight that supposedly inspired the screenplay.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 hours ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Back in the day that fight would have just been getting started.  That's kind of like refusing to get off the stool and saying no mas after round two or three in boxing.

Hands of stone was a fucking legend.

I believe what he said when he stated that he never said that, no mas, he said, no sigo, no sigo, no sigo.

It was Howard Cosell who claimed Roberto said no mas. 

There has never been, and never will be an era like that, Duran, Hagler, Leonard and the Hitman, Tommy Hearns.

So many awesome fights.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1