Welcome!

15 minutes ago, Canadian said:

Well this proves it can’t be over money
 the Canucks wouldn’t be abandoning this over 1500 dollars annually
 definitely league oversight 

I suspect it has to do more with controlling their social media presence. CDC is an official Canuck forum, but they had little control over what was said there. Without CDC, they have more total control over their official social media channels. Just my best guess though.

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Looks like there's a limit on reactions? 

16 minutes ago, Huggy Bear said:

@Ribs we have a daily reaction limit?

Likely a default setting. If I knew how to do any admin stuff, I'd change it, haha.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/14/2023 at 1:30 PM, Ribs said:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the new old. Unfortunately we can't bring profiles across from the old forum, but please feel free to register through the board directly, or by connecting your social media account.

I've started another topic to post screenshots of your old profile - I'll do my best to run through those and update post/content counts and whatver I can.

If you have any name/domain suggestions, general advice, suggestions on features and structures, PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING, please post here or in the feedback forum. We have a a bit more room to do...anything here.

Moderation will be a bit more loose, and for the moment some of the old are graciously continuing here.

I'm not sure if I'll continue as the main admin, but I'll keep this hosted and running for as long as I possibly can. In a few months we might look at adding some adwords income, looking for sponsorships, or asking for small donations. Whatever we go with, it will be completely transparent and non-profit.

Thanks Stealth. 

Well done. 

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Mordekai said:

That’s really expensive. Is there a reason why hosting is so expensive? High bandwidth required or hosting space?

It's about what I expected tbh. There's a self-hosting option but it's more work and the cost is almost equivalent. With the monthly plan it's a good server, no maintenance, auto-updates and unlimited traffic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Hey pal.

Good to see you

You bet my friend.

I was really worried that I would lose touch with my friends on this forum.

Even though we haven't met in person, we share so much in common, I feel we are good friends.

One day I will come back over to Canada and we will sit and listen to Guns n Wankers and talk.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2