Canucks Announce Allvin Media Scrum At 1 AM For Noon Today

The predicted trade.

Best guess, Hoglander and AHLer to Tampa for Cernak?.

Tampa has just been blown up the last 4 or 5 games. Lots of turmoil on the bench noticed. They need offence, shake up.

Garland/Boeser could also be involved.

Could be Petersson contract extension.

Hardly a guess but IMO something significant

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Man if this team add another RHD, I'm gonna be over the moon. I'd hate to see Hogz go right now. hes been flying and scoring again. Love to see pods come in for Garland+2025 1st if possible, moved and bring in a top 4 RHD. 

Could be a Petey extension also. Probably most likely, but what's changed? Petey didn't want to resign till the seasons over 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It's been fun watching a competent, proactive front office.

Only real mistake is maybe paying too much to shed Dickie? 

Other than that we've been spoiled.

Considering Stillman got us back the equivalent of a high end 3rd rounder even that trade doesn’t look too bad, other than we had to play Stillman for part of a season. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I doubt it's about a trade, it's either a Petey extension announcement, or Bear signing announcement, or some other announcement, or maybe he just wants to talk. 

Has to be something like an extension or signing. You can't really keep a lid on trades, the NHL staff would leak it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Last night’s debauch created empties that are chiming a Petey extension. There are four empties. 95 dollar scotch. So, it’s clear. Petey 4 x 9.5

All bow to the empties. 

I think 4 years is perfect, see how he is in those 4 years or how the team is before giving him a longer one. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

A delayed announcement would/could be to stop speculation or a leak.

As soon as the trade is registered the news is out that those teams have made a trade. Delaying until 1 AM insures no leaks at least until players are informed first.

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

maybe he has signed bear.

No need for a clandestine announcement for that

27 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

I doubt it's about a trade, it's either a Petey extension announcement, or Bear signing announcement, or some other announcement, or maybe he just wants to talk. 

No need for a  late announcement

20 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Has to be something like an extension or signing. You can't really keep a lid on trades, the NHL staff would leak it.

Yes NHL I think has to alert all teams of a trade call, not what the trade is, just that there is one done and accepted. The teams then tell everyone.

Obliviously IF THERE IS A TRADE is was consummated late or submitted after hours to keep it quiet.

But I don't think Rutherford/Allvin would make Sunday afternoon a prime regular media scrum.

Not Bear, Not EP extension those can be released anytime.

IMO it is significant and/or big.

Here you go, Nylander for ? and ? 

Or something that would shock Vancouver, Hronek for Nylander/Marner of a combination of players and picks.

Done because Hronek is pricing himself out of Vancouver? Like Horvat did? Although Hronek is still an RFA.

And Vancouver has a line on other dmen.

Signing Bear, Kessel or any other FA would be more than likely just a twitter post followed up later with a chat.

Could be a tragedy in a hockey family.

Wild speculation and why the late announcement. Definitely not a signing must be a trade. Not a sermon 🙂

Edited by TheGuardian
  • Vintage 1