Discussion - Vancouver & Philadelphia

What would it take to get Travis Konecny and Sean Walker out of Philadelphia. Walker is a free agent at the end of the year and Konecny has one year left on his deal at 5.5M. Having Konecny on Pettersson's right wing and Walker playing the right side on our second pairing really helps to improve our overall lineup. Philadelphia is looking for futures so is there a deal to be made which includes Kuzmenko, Garland and Prospects?

Imo, Konecny is the ideal player alongside Pete.  Unfortunately, the Flyers are still engaged in a

battle to make the playoffs, so they will hang onto Travis for now.  Some of their youngins are

looking like NHL players, but other than that and Konecny, only Couturier and Laughton are

the top players.

Maybe if they start sliding down in the final the stretch, they might start looking at some trades for

young prospects and picks.  Funny, I think they would want Garland over Kuzy, but they would still

want a very good package coming back.

13 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I'd do Boeser for Konecny.  In a heartbeat...

I get the rationale behind it, different types of players, sure...but Boeser is one of the best goal scorers in the league right now. You could argue he's number 2 behind Matthews and we're almost at the half-way point of the season with no signs of slowing down. He's only 26 so you never know, could just get better and better.

I know Konecny plays a bit harder and grittier but Boeser is almost scoring at the same rate as Petey. Imagine if he continues this and ends up being a what...50 goal scorer, 90-100pt player at just 26 on a 6.6M deal. 

I remember in the off-season predictions, I predicted Brock to break out and score 40-50G. Obviously it was a long shot and obviously got ridiculed for it but now to think that he's well on pace to do that is insane. We really shouldn't trade pure offensive scoring talent for a PPG who brings a bit of grit.

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I get the rationale behind it, different types of players, sure...but Boeser is one of the best goal scorers in the league right now. You could argue he's number 2 behind Matthews and we're almost at the half-way point of the season with no signs of slowing down. He's only 26 so you never know, could just get better and better.

I know Konecny plays a bit harder and grittier but Boeser is almost scoring at the same rate as Petey. Imagine if he continues this and ends up being a what...50 goal scorer, 90-100pt player at just 26 on a 6.6M deal. 

I remember in the off-season predictions, I predicted Brock to break out and score 40-50G. Obviously it was a long shot and obviously got ridiculed for it but now to think that he's well on pace to do that is insane. We really shouldn't trade pure offensive scoring talent for a PPG who brings a bit of grit.

Boeser's shooting % of 28% is not sustainable.  Just like Kuzmenko from last year.  He will fall back down to earth next season.  Konecny is a prototypical Tocchet type player.  Tocchet would wet his pants if we got him.  Not even sure Philly makes that deal.  Konecny is a perfect player to have for the playoffs.  

If Boeser wants $9 million on his next contract after he hits 50 goals this year, then 100% I would trade him for Konecny...

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Boeser's shooting % of 28% is not sustainable.  Just like Kuzmenko from last year.  He will fall back down to earth next season.  Konecny is a prototypical Tocchet type player.  Tocchet would wet his pants if we got him.  Not even sure Philly makes that deal.  Konecny is a perfect player to have for the playoffs.  

If Boeser wants $9 million on his next contract after he hits 50 goals this year, then 100% I would trade him for Konecny...

No to any of that loser family! 

12 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Boeser for Hanifin + 1st lol

Hughes - Hronek

Hanifin - Zadorov

Soucy - Cole/Myers next year re-signed cheap