Poll: which young core sucks more pucks?

Sabres v Sens   

32 members have voted

1. 1. Which young core is worse?

while there's a lot of puck sucking to go around between both of them, its clear the Sen's suck the most pucks. Busteroo level puck sucking.

The Sabres young core has a problem with consistency, but the Sen's is more talent level issues. 

We need to figure out how Allvin can steal Brady from them. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

while there's a lot of puck sucking to go around between both of them, its clear the Sen's suck the most pucks. Busteroo level puck sucking.

The Sabres young core has a problem with consistency, but the Sen's is more talent level issues. 

We need to figure out how Allvin can steal Brady from them. 

I think any package starts with multiple 1sts, Podkolzin and one of Willander/Lekkerimaki, and I'm just not comfortable giving up that much right now. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Pears said:

I think any package starts with multiple 1sts, Podkolzin and one of Willander/Lekkerimaki, and I'm just not comfortable giving up that much right now. 

I'd consider something around 2024 1st, Lekker, Kuzy, and some other lesser picks/prospects. Willander has to be an untouchable tho. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

He does.  I've called him out on it before.  He's gloated about Cale Makar getting hurt.

It's just classless.  Rooting against literal kids just because they're not on your team.

dunno maybe I missed that. We've discussed how Makar plays a lot like Orr used to, in the sense of he plays a high danger game thats going to lead to a short career. 

I'd probably go with Buffalo.  Devon Levi and UPL were both hyped so highly as #1 goalies, but neither has played like that guy so far.  At least with the Sens' goalies they acquired Korpisalo as a solution but didn't hype him up nearly as much.  The rest of the rosters are pretty similarly constructed but it's the fact that the Sabres have looked so bad defensively after such a strong offensive showing last year that makes them disappointing, knowing what they could've been at least on paper.  

12 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'd consider something around 2024 1st, Lekker, Kuzy, and some other lesser picks/prospects. Willander has to be an untouchable tho. 

Yep I agree. I also just don't see Ottawa trading him unless he asks for one. 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I could see him doing that, there has to be a lot of frustration. It would be a draft floor deal tho given all the moving parts and pick spots, etc.

Ideal Tocc player tho. 

A Tkachuk - Pettersson - Mikheyev line would be his wet dream in the playoffs too. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

A Tkachuk - Pettersson - Mikheyev line would be his wet dream in the playoffs too. 

yep. Given that we kind of are in a win-now mode, I'd be OK with the high price to see this for a few years.

Also, think of the pressure this takes off Miller, the game planning would be a nightmare against our top 6. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

dunno maybe I missed that. We've discussed how Makar plays a lot like Orr used to, in the sense of he plays a high danger game thats going to lead to a short career. 

I get that.  But if you're gonna start gloating the moment you hear he's out due to injury, you're a scumbag.  And he's done that multiple times.

Just now, Miss Korea said:

I get that.  But if you're gonna start gloating the moment you hear he's out due to injury, you're a scumbag.  And he's done that multiple times.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I like the characters around here that make things more colourful. If we want it all to be boring thats what HF Boards is for. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Miss Korea said:

It's annoying as shit.  These are fucking kids trying to live their dream who get drafted onto teams and this guy is cheering every time they fail or get hurt.  It's embarrassing.

Hate to be that guy, but don't like it, don't read it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

yep. Given that we kind of are in a win-now mode, I'd be OK with the high price to see this for a few years.

Also, think of the pressure this takes off Miller, the game planning would be a nightmare against our top 6. 

I wouldn't want to give up on Podz yet. He's a potential power forward who could become an integral part of our team as well. 

It wouldn't be cheap, but if we could get Brady, that would be HUGE! Also, he's close friend's with Hughes. 

Edit: Obviously, if any trade happened, it would have to match cap-wise. 

Edited by Barn Burner
  • Like 2
  • Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, I like the characters around here that make things more colourful. If we want it all to be boring thats what HF Boards is for. 

I draw the line at shittalking children and injured players.  If you think that adds colour or character...

I don't think either team's core sucks.  They're just too young and don't have the

very many character/vet guys to support them; especially the Sabres.  I mean, look

at all the 18-23yr olds on those teams. 

It's taken the Canucks a long while to get to the point of having a good core group and you sure

don't see a bunch of teens and early 20's on the team.

I like the Sabres better, but both teams will have to put a lot of thought during the season and

offseason into the accessory players that can support the youngins'.   They are teams of the

future for sure.

• Upvote 2