Playoff Contender Proposal (Van/Cbj) (Van/Ott)

To Vancouver - Jack Roslovic right shot C (4m), Andrew Peeke RD (2.75m)

To Columbus - Andrei Kuzmenko LW/RW (5.5m), 2025 2nd, Aiden Mcdonnough 

To Vancouver - Claude Giroux

To Ottawa - Tyler Myers, 2024 3rd, 2023 6th 

Ottawa does Giroux a solid and gives him a last shot at a cup. 

Mikheyev Pettersson Giroux

Suter Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland

Hoglander Raslovic Lafferty 

Aman 

Hughes Hronek

Zedorov Peeke 

Cole Juulsen 

Soucy Friedman 

Edited by Rypien-Punch

I'm not sure that Roslovic is that guy to move the needle that much.  I may do Kuzmenko for Peeke, but adding the 2nd and McDonough doesn't seem worth it.

If Ottawa is selling, Giroux would be an interesting add, and if he doesn't fit somehow it's good that we can flip him next year.  Myers going the other way doesn't seem all that bad, though I wonder if Ottawa would bite.

3 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

In what world is an almost point per game Giroux only worth a $6m cap dump, a 3rd and a 6th? Lmao 

I would just do Kuzmenko for Giroux.  I think Giroux still has a few solid years left.  Especially playing with Petey.

19 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Younger player that can stay with them for longer?

Giroux is the far better player. Is from the area and signed there because he wanted to be there.  He also has a full NMC. I just don't think they'd move him for a guy who cant/won't play D unless there's a significant sweetener added.  Even then, once soucy comes off LTIR I'm not even sure Vancouver can cover the difference in cap hits 

9 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

Giroux is the far better player. Is from the area and signed there because he wanted to be there.  He also has a full NMC. I just don't think they'd move him for a guy who cant/won't play D unless there's a significant sweetener added.  Even then, once soucy comes off LTIR I'm not even sure Vancouver can cover the difference in cap hits 

Just giving you a very realistic reason why OTT would consider Kuzmenko over Giroux.  Giroux may be the better player right now, but he's not getting any younger.  Kuzmenko is just about to hit his prime years.  

• Vintage 1

On 1/3/2024 at 9:31 AM, Rypien-Punch said:

To Vancouver - Jack Roslovic right shot C (4m), Andrew Peeke RD (2.75m)

To Columbus - Andrei Kuzmenko LW/RW (5.5m), 2025 2nd, Aiden Mcdonnough

Vancouver is losing this trade. Peeke can barely make the CBJ blueline and Roslovic is a decent 3C I agree, but comes with a decent cap hit. 

Kuz is only a little more at 5.5 and is signed for 1 more year. He also is still figuring out what kind of player he's going to be in this league. Dude scored 40 last year and was wildly dynamic and successfully at creating offense. This year new system and hasn't paired well so far, but he's trying and shows he can still score. I think Kuz at his low end is still a 20 goal guy maybe playing middle 6 wing and PP. High end he could be a consistent 35+ goal scorer playing on a top line with someone like Petey. 

My main point is I just don't think that deal is that good for Van unless Kuz is being viewed as pretty much a cap dump.