Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

Rubik

On 5/4/2024 at 8:59 AM, higgyfan said:

I was 100% wanting Podz and admit I am disappointed so far.  Although, he could end up being

a late bloomer and make his way into the top 6. 

I don't think Caulfield would be a good fit on the Canucks; especially during the playoffs.  Watching

the way Garly and Huggy are getting pummelled is more than enough.  Imagine if they had a big,

tough LW like Boldy in the top 6. OMG.

I wanted Boldy in that draft. I am however happy to wait out Podkolzin until he fully develops. I really like his fast, hard hitting game with the promise of goal scoring to boot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alexandre said:

I wanted Boldy in that draft. I am however happy to wait out Podkolzin until he fully develops. I really like his fast, hard hitting game with the promise of goal scoring to boot.

Yeah, I'm not giving up on him just yet.  It appears that the coaching staff like him a lot, so we'll see

how things go next season.  He will no longer be waiver exempt, so he needs to make the team

right from the start.

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Yeah, I'm not giving up on him just yet.  It appears that the coaching staff like him a lot, so we'll see

how things go next season.  He will no longer be waiver exempt, so he needs to make the team

right from the start.

I don't see any chance he is lost to waivers nor trades. I see a bright future for Podkolzin on the Canucks. However, it will take even more time than it already has before he taps into his full potential. Meantime we get to enjoy his numerous hits.

Edited by Alexandre

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Sure he'll be there for now. We'll see if he stays! Obviously he'll remained "called up" for the remainder of the playoffs.

Well, after that he is waiver eligible, and there is about zero chance of him clearing waivers. So I expect he will be on the big team until he is no longer property of the Canucks.