Sounds like trader Jim is staying

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Never liked him but can’t argue with the job he has done here. 

I just hope we continue to see more of the first half of Penguins tenure Jim than the second half version, you'll get mixed takes on Rutherford from Pens fans despite the cups 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, HKSR said:

If he takes the Canucks to a Stanley Cup championship during his tenure here, then I think it's safe to say he is one of the greatest hockey masterminds in the history of the NHL.

Considering he's in the HHOF that's already safe to say

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Still curious to see if he'll pull off the big ticket item on his mandate list: an official practice facility for the kids.

It's a good question, here's hoping

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I'll say this: I'm not a fan of the way Rutherford handled the Boudreau situation and I don't respect him as a result of that. That said, he knows the right people to hire to get the job done, so on the hockey front, he's done well.

Yeah, that's a black mark on his time here for me as well

• Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I just hope we continue to see more of the first half of Penguins tenure Jim than the second half version, you'll get mixed takes on Rutherford from Pens fans despite the cups 

to quote a partial song lyric, completely out of context: "f--- your short memory".

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I'll say this: I'm not a fan of the way Rutherford handled the Boudreau situation and I don't respect him as a result of that. That said, he knows the right people to hire to get the job done, so on the hockey front, he's done well.

O'Keefe has been in the news lately that he's getting fired, but the difference is that Toronto media hasn't turned it into a shit show like Vancouver media did at the time. Everyone loved Bruce, but what happened (minus the outrage) was standard practice in the NHL. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, tas said:

to quote a partial song lyric, completely out of context: "f--- your short memory".

Eh, many hockey fans care about results at the end of the day, even after their team wins a championship or two. Sure, there would be a chunk of the Canucks fandom who'd happily accept whatever came after if it meant having won a cup, but there's also a large chunk of the fanbase who would absolutely care if management went on to make poor decisions. 

Blues fans were pissed with management for fumbling the Pietrangelo scenario for example. 

Just now, Coconuts said:

Eh, many hockey fans care about results at the end of the day, even after their team wins a championship or two. Sure, there would be a chunk of the Canucks fandom who'd happily accept whatever came after if it meant having won a cup, but there's also a large chunk of the fanbase who would absolutely care if management went on to make poor decisions. 

Blues fans were pissed with management for fumbling the Pietrangelo scenario for example. 

shit happens. 

I will say the Boudreau situation could've been handled a lot better, but he's completely turned us around since. What really got me excited when we first hired him was he was basically retired, so you knew he wasn't going to take the job to just steer us in the right direction. He wants another cup before he's done for good.