[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol batherson watch as soon as you give up a boat load for him nhl announces he’s suspended and ineligible to return to the nhl until further notice for his involvement in the team Canada scandal 

I thought about that, but I assume the NHL teams have a better idea of who's involved in the scandal than we do, so I would trust that he's innocent if we dealt for him.

• Cheers 1

JR said at his re-signing that the Canucks are having a great season and some of the players are having career years, but they aren't there yet.  I find this intriguing, and I agree that they still seem to be missing something. Perhaps a good, veteran forward with playoff experience, or two.

I believe JR/Allvin also recently said the players have responded and it's up to JR/Allvin to give them the best chance to win (I read that as: bringing in players), and not just a bottom 6 plug, but a Top 6 player. 

Is it a C or a Winger? Or do they get both?

On the table?

1st (2024 and 2025)

2nd (2025)

3rd (2024)

Kuzmenko

Mikheyev

Podkolzin

Alriksson

Hirose

Brzustewicz

They could get some "nice things" with these. Although, I really hope they keep Podz and Brewski.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

JR said at his re-signing that the Canucks are having a great season and some of the players are having career years, but they aren't there yet.  I find this intriguing, and I agree that they still seem to be missing something. Perhaps a good, veteran forward with playoff experience, or two.

I believe JR/Allvin also recently said the players have responded and it's up to JR/Allvin to give them the best chance to win (I read that as: bringing in players), and not just a bottom 6 plug, but a Top 6 player. 

Is it a C or a Winger? Or do they get both?

On the table?

1st (2024 and 2025)

2nd (2025)

3rd (2024)

Kuzmenko

Mikheyev

Podkolzin

Alriksson

Hirose

Brzustewicz

They could get some "nice things" with these. Although, I really hope they keep Podz and Brewski.

Zero chance we trade Mik. He’s too difficult to replace. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Ottawa kind of feels like a fit for Kuz. They are feeling short a first rounder too. 

Giroux?

Good experienced vet that is having a great season. Not sure they’d be interested in the extra year on his contract though.

44 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

During the intermission last night, Elliotte Friedman said that we're looking at 5-6 top 6 forwards, two of which are Lindholm and Guentzel. So, in this Pre-TDL edition of the "Do the Thing!" series, I ask you the following questions. 

1) Who are the other 3-4 guys? 

2) What are we going to give up? 

3) How do we make cap space to bring these guys in?  

4) What is one under-the-radar pickup that we'll make to shore up our depth? 

and 5) What's your post-deadline lineup?

I'll attempt to answer these questions given Allvin and Rutherford's typical trading MO. 

1) Who else?

C Boone Jenner - CBJ (3 years including this one x3.75)

C Casey Mittlestadt - BUF (1x2.5) [RFA]

C Yanni Gourde - SEA (2x5.17)

RW Drake Batherson - OTT (4x4.975)

HM to Buchnevich, Henrique, Norris

2) Pieces I think the team would be willing to part with are: 

- Either 2024/2025 First Round Pick 

- 2024 Mid Round Picks

- 2025 Late Round Picks 

- Lekkerimaki if getting young, under contract forward 

- Vasily Podkolzin, Aatu Raty, Linus Karlsson, Hunter Brzustewicz and/or lesser prospects

- One of Ilya Mikheyev/Andrei Kuzmenko 

3) Cap? 

Referring back to the above, I see us moving one of Mikheyev or Kuzmenko out in a money-in/money-out deal, or dealt for cheap to a bottom feeder to help fill seats and support young talent. Think San Jose, Chicago, etc. 

4) Under the radar depth move

I have a sneaking suspicion we'll be interested in Brandon Duhaime from Minnesota. 26 year old 6'2, 200lbs left winger currently playing on their 4th line, and tough as nails. I've liked him for the last couple years and think he'd be a great pickup as depth, and could also be re-signed to replace Dakota Joshua if he walks. Currently makes 1.1 million dollars. Another option is 29 year old 6'2, 200lbs RHD Ilya Lyubushkin of Anaheim. He has a 2.75 million dollar cap hit, but Anaheim could easily retain 50%

5) 

Mikheyev - Petey - Batherson 

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser 

Joshua - Blueger - Garland 

Duhaime - Suter - Lafferty

Aman 

Hughes - Hronek 

Soucy - Myers 

Zadorov - Lyubushkin

Cole, Juulsen 

Demko 

DeSmith 

Waiving Friedman/PDG when healthy makes this team cap compliant according to capfriendly.

Have fun!

Lekerimaki is not going anywhere.If you have Meyers top 4 we are doomed in play off.Big no no bueno

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Giroux?

Good experienced vet that is having a great season. Not sure they’d be interested in the extra year on his contract though.

I don’t think Giroux wants to go west. Would love him but he went to Ottawa for family reasons. 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kuz Missile + 2024 first for Pinto. 
Shine the dome and get ‘er done Allvin. 

‘all day long!

• Cheers 2

It may take a while for prices to come down.  Teams are going to be asking too much now, as it is quite a while before the deadline and any pressure points.

Maybe they find the right deal soon, I am pretty sure they are going to make a big deal.

Tuch and Greenway from Buffalo are guys who may be available due to Buffalo being bad again.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Giroux?

That is someone I would have a tremendous amount of interest in, if we were able to send some salary back the other way.

34 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Giroux?

Would love Giroux as he could play center as well and pretty darn good at faceoffs to boot. But he signed with Ottawa with a NMC, so I would think he wanted to be there for a reason.

I think if it's Ottawa, it's probably Tarasenko involved.

Please don't pay out the nose for players this TDL...

Go after a Henrique Lybushkin deal with Anaheim or a Monahan Savard deal with Montreal. Both teams may be willing to take Kuzmenko back maybe?

I like Lindholm but he would be a rental we won't have the cap space to keep him beyond this season but depending on the price...I still see him fetching a 1st if not more from a team at the TDL.

We couldo also sign Kessel and have him start in the AHL on conditioning stint. Free player with loads of playoff experience and knows The Coach and management. This would be a super low risk move for a depth F scoring option and PP2 player. 

A gritty bottom six player who can PK would be a nice depth move also

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

Lekerimaki is not going anywhere.If you have Meyers top 4 we are doomed in play off.Big no no bueno

I’m not saying he’s perfect, but Myers has picked up some extra snarl lately and when his minutes are managed he’s been pretty effective. I don’t think he’s the type of player that’s going to hurt having around in the post season. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

I’m not saying he’s perfect, but Myers has picked up some extra snarl lately and when his minutes are managed he’s been pretty effective. I don’t think he’s the type of player that’s going to hurt having around in the post season. 

Not at top 4.It is enough to screw us only once.Play off is another animal.

42 minutes ago, N7_Gyoza said:

Myers has been solid this season, the guy deserves some credit plus we will need guys like him to eat some minutes come playoff time,can't wear out quinn/hronek playing them 30 mins a night in the post season 

Just invest in top 4.Top 2 C and top 4 RD

1 hour ago, Provost said:

It may take a while for prices to come down.  Teams are going to be asking too much now, as it is quite a while before the deadline and any pressure points.

Maybe they find the right deal soon, I am pretty sure they are going to make a big deal.

Tuch and Greenway from Buffalo are guys who may be available due to Buffalo being bad again.

I'd be surprised if Tuch moved, Buffalo is as close to a hometown team as he had, he was thrilled to join them

He also brings some grit that they'd miss, I reckon pending RFA Mittlestadt could be moved though, depending on what his contract ask is

But I do agree we probably see something sooner than later

6 minutes ago, Devron said:

I’m good with trading our first and some B prospects. 

Lekkermaki and Willander gotta stay put.

Would we include one of these two if it was for Ek and the Wild took Kuz Missile too? 
Lekkerimaki + Kuz Missile for Ek? 
Considering we are Cup level right now it might be wise to take that deal. Even though we’re giving up the next Bossey. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'd be surprised if Tuch moved, Buffalo is as close to a hometown team as he had, he was thrilled to join them

He also brings some grit that they'd miss, I reckon pending RFA Mittlestadt could be moved though, depending on what his contract ask is

But I do agree we probably see something sooner than later

I’ve heard the guys on 650 talking about Middlestadt too. Is he the kind of top six guy we would want? Not too sure if he’s a Tocchet kind of player? 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Would we include one of these two if it was for Ek and the Wild took Kuz Missile too? 
Lekkerimaki + Kuz Missile for Ek? 
Considering we are Cup level right now it might be wise to take that deal. Even though we’re giving up the next Bossey. 

I’d consider it if they are mid 20’s with good term yeah 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Devron said:

I’m good with trading our first and some B prospects. 

Lekkermaki and Willander gotta stay put.

I still think the Canucks are going to invest in Kuzmenko further before calling it.

I see the 1st rounder leaving and something uncomfortable at the AHL level, but for whom I just don't have a clue.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I still think the Canucks are going to invest in Kuzmenko further before calling it.

I see the 1st rounder leaving and something uncomfortable at the AHL level, but for whom I just don't have a clue.

Yeah I agree. I watching Kuzy on the bench the last couple times. And while on the ice it looks like he’s really trying. Kuzy playing well would solve a lot. Would love to see him being a part of the group.

Another side note. I’ll be sad if Podkolzin is traded. Got a soft spot for him 

• Cheers 1