[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

Malkin and Perron

Not sure how but JR/PA gotta get it done!

Malkin - Petterson - Perron

Mikheyev - Miller - Boeser

Joshua- Blueger - Garland

Hoglander - Aman - Lafferty

Suter

the other player I would want is Josh Anderson who is 225 and can fight

if we end up playing Boston again i dont want a repeat of a team who can defend themselves

When the Liam Obrians and Trent Frederics of the game start taking runs on our guys we need to have an answer. Zedorov has been good but I think Josh Anderson would help a lot up front. 

Or maybe we add Sean Monahan onto the package  - would be a stretch on the cap 

Pettersson Miller Boeser

Mikheyev Monahan Anderson

Joshua Blueger Garland

Hoglander Sutter Lafferty 

Aman 

Edited by Rypien-Punch

I'm guessing that we've been inquiring about Lindholm, Ek, Guentzel, Jenner, Monahan and Henrique. 

Ultimately I think we get priced out of the Lindholm sweepstakes, while I doubt Eriksson Ek is even available. I do think we'll go for a center though, so it'll likely be one of Monahan or Henrique, and Kuzmenko will end up going the other way. 

I see our 1st, later picks, Kuzmenko, Mikheyev, Suter, Raty, Podkozin and Brzustewicz as well as some lesser prospects being in play. Willander and Lek most likely off the table. Petey D not likely to be moved either. We're going to need players on entry level deals contributing during the worst of the OEL buyout penalty. 

I also see us picking up some sandpaper for the 4th line. 

I think they'll leave the blueline alone for now. Zadorov was our big addition the the blueline. 

• Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

I'm guessing that we've been inquiring about Lindholm, Ek, Guentzel, Jenner, Monahan and Henrique. 

Ultimately I think we get priced out of the Lindholm sweepstakes, while I doubt Eriksson Ek is even available. I do think we'll go for a center though, so it'll likely be one of Monahan or Henrique, and Kuzmenko will end up going the other way. 

I see our 1st, later picks, Kuzmenko, Mikheyev, Suter, Raty, Podkozin and Brzustewicz as well as some lesser prospects being in play. Willander and Lek most likely off the table. Petey D not likely to be moved either. We're going to need players on entry level deals contributing during the worst of the OEL buyout penalty. 

I think they'll leave the blueline alone for now. Zadorov was our big addition the the blueline. 

Suter(good) for something good make no sense.Junk with first and maybe Ratty or Podz is kind of logic.They said there is no way Zadorov also end here.Lindholm will go to team going all in.So how many teams with all in has something to offer.

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapshot said:

I agree except for Podkolzin.  I think they like him which is why they sent him down to Abby, similar to what they did with Hoglander.  We can see Podkolzin in the lineup next season on a cheap contract.

Kuzmenko, our 2024 1st and Brzustewucz is a good package to get a 2C that is still young and can be with us long term.  Eriksson Ek is the dream.  

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Krinjer33 said:

I don’t know why, but I have a weird feeling that it’s going to be Malkin. 

That would be just wild, but realistically, is there any chance Crosby or Malkin get traded, let alone to VAN?

Malkin is 37 and he still has 2 more years at $6.1. Who do the Canucks trade for Malkin? It wouldn't be cheap.

26 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

That would be just wild, but realistically, is there any chance Crosby or Malkin get traded, let alone to VAN?

Malkin is 37 and he still has 2 more years at $6.1. Who do the Canucks trade for Malkin? It wouldn't be cheap.

37 and 2 more years of 6.1 makes it cheap if you ask me

If Kuzmenko appereantly has no value and Boeser/Garland had no value last year than how much value does a guy making 6.1 mil until his almost 40 has?

If Pens fall out of the race I think its doable and I think we can do it for a 1st, Mikheye or Kuzmenko and Tucker Poolman [we know Dubas is willing to work in LTIR)

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

How about we draft Jagr in Vancouver instead of LedHead? Loved Pat Quinn but missing on Jagr cost our club at least one cup. 

no mistake made at all.

Jagr would only come over to play for one team- and it wasn't the Canucks.

• Cheers 1

I'm seeing a lot of Kuz in the trade proposals but he's starting to look like Garland before Garly broke out. 

Every game, I see Kuz doing something and setting up a teammate with a grade A chance. 

It's really not his fault that Mik and Suter can't finish. 

I don't want to touch the Bleuger line as they are firing on all cylinders

I would try a Hogz Miller Kuz line before we dump him. 

I would try this against a weaker team. 

Hogz Miller Kuz 

Boeser Petey and Mik

Garland Bleuger Joshua 

Lafferty Suter Aman 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I'm seeing a lot of Kuz in the trade proposals but he's starting to look like Garland before Garly broke out. 

Every game, I see Kuz doing something and setting up a teammate with a grade A chance. 

It's really not his fault that Mik and Suter can't finish. 

I don't want to touch the Bleuger line as they are firing on all cylinders

I would try a Hogz Miller Kuz line before we dump him. 

I would try this against a weaker team. 

Hogz Miller Kuz 

Boeser Petey and Mik

Garland Bleuger Joshua 

Lafferty Suter Aman 

I see a lot of line proposals in here and most of the time I just ignore them, but, this one makes sense. 

Petey has some chemistry with Boeser and Hogs really needs that promotion to the top 6.

The only concern is Petey and Mik down low. Hogs/Miller will be fine , just hesitant on the Petey/Mik combo digging out pucks out of the corner.

Worth a try though ,like you said, and Suter is a total waste of time in the top 6 IMO.

6 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I see a lot of line proposals in here and most of the time I just ignore them, but, this one makes sense. 

Petey has some chemistry with Boeser and Hogs really needs that promotion to the top 6.

The only concern is Petey and Mik down low. Hogs/Miller will be fine , just hesitant on the Petey/Mik combo digging out pucks out of the corner.

Worth a try though ,like you said, and Suter is a total waste of time in the top 6 IMO.

My biggest complaint about tocc was how he was handling kuz, but you can't argue the results and I was wrong, I love kuzmenko but he just not a fit for the new system. Kuz needs guys to set him up he's not the guy winning board battles he's a shooter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N7_Gyoza said:

My biggest complaint about tocc was how he was handling kuz, but you can't argue the results and I was wrong, I love kuzmenko but he just not a fit for the new system. Kuz needs guys to set him up he's not the guy winning board battles he's a shooter.

Yes that is why i like that line proposal, Miller and Hogs DO win board battles and Kuz can be in the front of the net tipping pucks or tapping in the rebounds right in front of the net, which he is good at. Miller has done well for Boeser, who is similar to Kuz, in that he is not that strong defensively.

I think VAN will target that 2C and maybe depth D.

MTL

Monahan

for

PDG (to make the cap work) + 1st + prospect (Podz or Raty).

CHI

Tinordi

for

4th or 5th rd pick.

23 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Important note, the Joel Eriksson-Ek noise has been primarily Taj on Twitter perpetuating a fake rumour because he's trying to will it to reality. There's no reason to suspect we've been in on him or that Minnesota would sell him. He's on a steal of a contract for a lot of years during the worst of the Parise/Suter buyouts.

It's not happening

Yup...I mean I'd LOVE to add him (for not a massive overpayment) but realistically it's not happening unless Guerin has a stroke while on the phone with Allvin or something.

• ThereItIs 1