[Trade] Canucks Acquire Elias Lindholm from Calgary for Andrei Kuzmenko, Hunter Brzustewicz, Joni Jurmo, 2024 1st and Conditional 2024 4th

tbh I think they go with a swing for the fences move up front, a 4th liner like Duhaime who can play and no D men unless Soucy/other D man is out a while at TDL

who are the 5-6?

EK

Boone Jenner

JG

Crouse

Mittelstadt

Vatrano

I think guys like

Henrique

Giroux

are in a second tier of a less expensive aquisition cost for an older rental that moves the needle somewhat but not a ton...

4 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I still think the Canucks are going to invest in Kuzmenko further before calling it.

I see the 1st rounder leaving and something uncomfortable at the AHL level, but for whom I just don't have a clue.

Maybe more of a " hockey trade " bringing in a good young center who projects to play second/third line in a Cole Sillinger ? he is a great skater, plays a reliable 200 foot game and can put up points. Maybe not as established or sexy as another name out there but lets remember this team is this season becoming a threat and adding another very good forward to grow with the core may not be the worst idea versus adding a rental type.

Reading up on Columbus, they already have the pieces in their lineup where he could in theory be expendable.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

tbh I think they go with a swing for the fences move up front, a 4th liner like Duhaime who can play and no D men unless Soucy/other D man is out a while at TDL

who are the 5-6?

EK

Boone Jenner

JG

Crouse

Mittelstadt

Vatrano

I think guys like

Henrique

Giroux

are in a second tier of a less expensive aquisition cost for an older rental that moves the needle somewhat but not a ton...

If the Canucks identified Eriksson-Ek as a player they want I think of any of the options realistic or not he is the top target that should be attempted. This would be a player that you have to be ok being uncomfortable moving say Podkolzin, this year's 1st, and at least another piece.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Honkin Hronek said:

1) Who are the other 3-4 guys? 

Lindholm

Guentzel 

Henrique 

Monahan

Vatrano

That’s my guess.

I think Lindholm is the best player on this list, but I don’t like the idea of trading any of our drafted guys to the Flames.

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser

Suter - Lindholm - Kuzmenko

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Hoglander - Aman - Lafferty

Keep the 1st and 3rd line the same. Continue with Hoglander on the 4th line, this makes us a hard team to play against when he’s on that 4th line. Also allows us to run 4 good lines. Next season, we can look at moving Hoglander to the top 6.

3 hours ago, Honkin Hronek said:

C Casey Mittlestadt - BUF (1x2.5) [RFA]

Not sure if the Sabres move one of there best player, but if he’s on the block, then this should be option 1.

Edited by J-23

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Lindholm

Guentzal

Henrique 

Monahan

Vatrano

That’s my guess.

I think Lindholm is the best player on this list, but I don’t like the idea of trading any of our drafted guys to the Flames.

Keep the 1st and 3rd line the same. Continue with Hoglander on the 4th line, this makes us a hard team to play against when he’s on that 4th line. Also allows us to run 4 good lines. Next season, we can look at moving Hoglander to the top 6.

Not sure if the Sabres move one of there best player, but if he’s on the block, then this should be option 1.

Mittlestadt is in a similar position to Sillinger being projected up the lineup but other players competing or in position to move up making such a player available.

• Huggy Bear 1

9 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

If the Canucks identified Eriksson-Ek as a player they want I think of any of the options realistic or not he is the top target that should be attempted. This would be a player that you have to be ok being uncomfortable moving say Podkolzin, this year's 1st, and at least another piece.

agree, Kuzy + Podz + 2024/5 1st, in a heart beat I do that, not sure Minny does 

7 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Lindholm

Guentzal

Henrique 

Monahan

Vatrano

That’s my guess.

Kind of says just how shitty the Sabres are if Middlestadt is one of their best players. That club is so screwed. 11.5 x 8 for Dahlin! 🤣

Just now, canucks curse said:

agree, Kuzy + Podz + 2024/5 1st, in a heart beat I do that, not sure Minny does 

F Minny. Offer the same to the Sens for pinto. The Wild will come crawling back and begging. Then tell them to go F off. And do nothing! F them all! Cup for us!!! F u losers ! Yes. Alf has emptied a new one. 🤪

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Mittlestadt is in a similar position to Sillinger being projected up the lineup but other players competing or in position to move up making such a player available.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Kind of says just how shitty the Sabres are if Middlestadt is one of their best players. That club is so screwed. 11.5 x 8 for Dahlin! 🤣

Ya, he’s having a good season and most importantly an RFA. Lindholm and Guentzel will likely go to free agency.

• Vintage 1

35 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’ve heard the guys on 650 talking about Middlestadt too. Is he the kind of top six guy we would want? Not too sure if he’s a Tocchet kind of player? 

He strikes me as a skill guy, but Sabres have a lot of those, could be an issue of having too many similar players? 

He's mid 20's though, 25, 39 points in 46 games

Pending RFA, gotta deal with the raise though, 59 in 82 last season

Won't come cheap to pay or acquire imo

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

What about Tyler Toffoli?  Last year at 4.25.  Devil's might be willing to sell as they are having a rough year, and we know he can play with our core.  He's on pace for 60 pts. 

Would need to be Kuz +______________ to make the money work.  

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

He strikes me as a skill guy, but Sabres have a lot of those, could be an issue of having too many similar players? 

I think while Sillinger still has a ways to go to reach his potential he would be a solid Tocchet kind of player.

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Neither will Lindholm or Guentzel. If we want to go all in I’d rather go for the guy that’s a RFA. Unless Lindholm will sign a contract at a reasonable cap, which seems unlikely. Just my opinion on things. 

Edited by J-23
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Rather have a guy like Ek who can play without the puck if the cost is similar. But the guy Alf really likes the most )not too sure of the cost though?) I’d Pinto. IMHAO this guy is going to be really good. 

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I think while Sillinger still has a ways to go to reach his potential he would be a solid Tocchet kind of player.

From CBJ? Maybe, with Fantilli he may not be as necessary there

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

Neither will Lindholm or Guentzel. If we want to go all in I’d rather go for the guy that’s a RFA. Unless Lindholm will sign a contract at a reasonable cap, which seems unlikely. Just my opinion on things though. 

I don't disagree, doubt Calgary wants to trade us Lindholm either and I won't be surprised if Guentzel extends

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Maybe more of a " hockey trade " bringing in a good young center who projects to play second/third line in a Cole Sillinger ? he is a great skater, plays a reliable 200 foot game and can put up points. Maybe not as established or sexy as another name out there but lets remember this team is this season becoming a threat and adding another very good forward to grow with the core may not be the worst idea versus adding a rental type.

Reading up on Columbus, they already have the pieces in their lineup where he could in theory be expendable.

I'd take Cole Sillinger or Kent Johnson.  Johnson is the local boy and Sillinger was born in Columbus when his father played there but he actually grew up in Saskatchewan where his father was from.  

Fun fact, Mike Sillinger, Cole's father, played for 12 different teams in the NHL, including 3 seasons with the Vancouver Canucks. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Rather have a guy like Ek who can play without the puck if the cost is similar. But the guy Alf really likes the most )not too sure of the cost though?) I’d Pinto. IMHAO this guy is going to be really good. 

Agreed, but I doubt Ek is available, Minny would be dumb to move him and they're already short on quality centers

I think Ottawa is figuring out something with Pinto

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Agreed, but I doubt Ek is available, Minny would be dumb to move him and they're already short on quality centers

I think Ottawa is figuring out something with Pinto

Time is good to swoop in and steal the Sens’ best player, just like we stole Hronek. 

2 hours ago, Provost said:

It may take a while for prices to come down.  Teams are going to be asking too much now, as it is quite a while before the deadline and any pressure points.

Maybe they find the right deal soon, I am pretty sure they are going to make a big deal.

Tuch and Greenway from Buffalo are guys who may be available due to Buffalo being bad again.

Tuch would be an amazing add.

• Upvote 1

canucks need a center. With petey and miller playing on same line, the hole in 2nd line needs to be filled. Jared Mccann would make a lot of sense. Kuzmenko plus a 1st rounder could get it done 

• Like 1