[Proposal] Under the Radar Guys That You Probably Haven't Considered

For me, a guy like Boone Jenner is someone that qualifies as being “under the radar.”  3.7 million cap hit + signed long term + wouldn’t cost us any of Podkolzin, Lekkerimaki, or Willander.  

Jenner could help our PK, and his expectations to help kickstart the 2nd line wouldn’t be nearly as lofty.

5 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

For me, a guy like Boone Jenner is someone that qualifies as being “under the radar.”  3.7 million cap hit + signed long term + wouldn’t cost us any of Podkolzin, Lekkerimaki, or Willander.  

Jenner could help our PK, and his expectations to help kickstart the 2nd line wouldn’t be nearly as lofty.

I like Jenner but I don’t think Columbus trades their Captain for a low return like you seem to think it would cost.

Jenner has term at a sub 4m cap hit, that is worth a 1st plus or someone like Podkolzin. If that isn’t being offered then Columbus should then just hang up….this is all just my opinion of course!

5 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

7 minutes ago, Viking said:

I like Jenner but I don’t think Columbus trades their Captain for a low return like you seem to think it would cost.

Jenner has term at a sub 4m cap hit, that is worth a 1st plus or someone like Podkolzin. If that isn’t being offered then Columbus should then just hang up….this is all just my opinion of course!

To piggyback off @Viking, Boone Jenner's exposure and trade value has never been higher.  And of course, guess which city's media has started to write articles about him?  That's right - Toronto.  Jenner will never be under the radar again.

@Jeremy Hronek, if you were Columbus, what would you want for a cheap, top-six power forward?  Surely you'd expect something more than an "under the radar" return.

14 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

To piggyback off @Viking, Boone Jenner's exposure and trade value has never been higher.  And of course, guess which city's media has started to write articles about him?  That's right - Toronto.  Jenner will never be under the radar again.

@Jeremy Hronek, if you were Columbus, what would you want for a cheap, top-six power forward?  Surely you'd expect something more than an "under the radar" return.

I heard rumors that the asking price for Jenner was a 2024 1st, a 2nd rounder, and either a “B” level prospect or a 3rd rounder. 

@Viking

1 minute ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I heard rumors that the asking price for Jenner was a 2024 1st, a 2nd rounder, and either a “B” level prospect or a 3rd rounder. 

@Viking

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.  $3.75M for 2 more years after this one?  Would be a fantastic value pickup for 2C.  I'd try and unload Mikheyev on them to get the cap space we need.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, HKSR said:

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat.  $3.75M for 2 more years after this one?  Would be a fantastic value pickup for 2C.  I'd try and unload Mikheyev on them to get the cap space we need.

That’s one of the reasons why the Jenner rumour gave me a 4 inch erection.  Yes, Jenner isn’t the greatest player in the world and is a little bit injury prone, but that acquisition cost would be very reasonable (in contrast, guys like Guentzel, Lindholm, and ErikssonEK would cost a boatload).  

Bumping this one as I think it'd still be great to add a low cost middle 6 winger to displace Suter back into the 4C role where he would excel.

Sprong @ 50% would be great!  That would be a $1M cap hit.

6'0" 202lbs.

21 goals and 25 assists for 46 points in 66 games last season with Seattle.

13 goals and 19 assists for 32 points in 50 games this season with Detroit (pace of 21 goals and 52 points).

TSN Scouting report:  A tremendous skater, he is a very creative playmaker with excellent hockey sense.  Is also a quality finisher with a lethal shot and a nose for the net.  Owns plenty of confidence in his playing ability.

Drafted by Pittsburgh in 2015 (46th OA) by who other than our very own Jim Rutherford.

On 2/6/2024 at 2:37 PM, HKSR said:

Bumping this one as I think it'd still be great to add a low cost middle 6 winger to displace Suter back into the 4C role where he would excel.

Sprong @ 50% would be great!  That would be a $1M cap hit.

6'0" 202lbs.

21 goals and 25 assists for 46 points in 66 games last season with Seattle.

13 goals and 19 assists for 32 points in 50 games this season with Detroit (pace of 21 goals and 52 points).

TSN Scouting report:  A tremendous skater, he is a very creative playmaker with excellent hockey sense.  Is also a quality finisher with a lethal shot and a nose for the net.  Owns plenty of confidence in his playing ability.

Drafted by Pittsburgh in 2015 (46th OA) by who other than our very own Jim Rutherford.

Do you guys now see why I'd think Sprong would be an excellent addition?

• 3 weeks later...

With Novak re-signing with NAS, my focus is Daniel Sprong now...

16 goals, 23 assists, 39 points in 61 games.

Pace of 22 goals and 52 points in 82 games.

8 hours ago, HKSR said:

With Novak re-signing with NAS, my focus is Daniel Sprong now...

16 goals, 23 assists, 39 points in 61 games.

Pace of 22 goals and 52 points in 82 games.

Wonder what the cost you acquire Sprong would be?

Would Duclair cost more or less?

We should send Mikheyev in a deal to Montreal or maybe Pittsburgh, GM dumbAss loves mikheyev from the laff days no?!? We take Smith back in a deal