Cody Hodgson on his comeback in Milwaukee and time with the Canucks

It's a development squad.  I imagine they think that he can help the team as a veteran in terms of work ethic, leadership etc.  He might think about coaching.  He's well spoken and smart.  Otherwise, he's taking a spot away from a prospect so the Preds must think there's value there

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

It's a development squad.  I imagine they think that he can help the team as a veteran in terms of work ethic, leadership etc.  He might think about coaching.  He's well spoken and smart.  Otherwise, he's taking a spot away from a prospect so the Preds must think there's value there

Not every player is a prospect. Every AHL team needs a journeyman.

5 hours ago, Pears said:

I still think we moved on from him farrrrr too early. Gillis tried copying Boston and it backfired big time. 

I don't think we did. The Canucks and him were not getting along well, especially the medical staff who allegedly misdiagnosed his condition. It really seems like they did. Not sure what happened there, but I don't think the team handled Hodgson's injury well.

On the flipside, Hodgson's father apparently was notorious for butting into his son's career. I think it may be fair to say that his dad partially ruined his son's career.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Pears said:

I still think we moved on from him farrrrr too early. Gillis tried copying Boston and it backfired big time. 

This is true. But I don't think it was only Gillis; Aquilini hired Benning. Something about how Boston constructed their teams had appealed to the Canucks brass. We even got Loui Eriksson lol.

But to be fair, there was a history with Eriksson performing well in Boston, as well as Dallas. Eriksson wasn't the only bad signing that year. The other two signings for $6 million had similarities.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pears said:

I don't think we moved on. Kinda fuzzy on the details since it's happened so long ago. But seems more like Hodgson's party requested a trade and Gillis found a deal in Kassian, which he liked a lot and thought he could be a powerforward for us. 

11 hours ago, Pears said:

If Gillis just let the league know he was willing to trade Cody, instead of listening to the Buffalo GM, he would have probably gotten a better deal. Both GM's shafted each other. And now neither of them are in the League.

Wanting some toughness in the forward lines was fine. Kassian wasn't the answer. I'm just glad Kassian got his life together and was able to carve out a decent career.

Edited by Ghostsof1915

10 hours ago, PureQuickness said:

I don't think we did. The Canucks and him were not getting along well, especially the medical staff who allegedly misdiagnosed his condition. It really seems like they did. Not sure what happened there, but I don't think the team handled Hodgson's injury well.

On the flipside, Hodgson's father apparently was notorious for butting into his son's career. I think it may be fair to say that his dad partially ruined his son's career.

According to one person.

Gillis.

Two other GM's had Cody and not one of them complained.

Honestly Gillis knew he messed up, it was damage control.

• Cheers 2

• 4 weeks later...