[proposal] A 1st and a banana walked into a bar

So, thanks to some good work by @HKSR on our future cap issues, its very clear we can't afford to move Willander or Lekkerimaki.

So that leaves the big ticket pieces this years 1st and Kuzy. 

Whats the best deal we could reasonably get with this package?

IMO it would be Lindholm. 

What say you?

• Upvote 1

@HKSR since we're having this discussion rn. Just as a thought exercise. 

Kuzz + Mikheyev 10.25m  for Tom Wilson + Dowd 6.46m > 7.8m next year. Creates enough capspace to then flip our first for Tanev. In the offseason we probably get away with it without losing much likely with just Dakota Blueger Lafferty Myers walking  replaced by Pod, Bains, Raty Tanev we would fit under the cap if youre right and Tanev would sign for 3m ish. 

Hog Pete Wilson

Suter Miller Brock

Dakota Blueger Garland

Lafferty Dowd Aman

PDG

Huggy Hronek

Zadorov Tanev

Soucy Myers

Cole Juulson

Sure Wilsons contract isn't great towards the end we can worry about that while we sip from a few cups. 

Edited by Hammertime
  • ThereItIs 1

Im having a hard time figuring out where Kuzy could land.  

CHI has Hall coming back next year to play w Bedard but Kuzy could be a PP ace/reclamation project. 

He doesnt seem like a guy Verbeek would want in ANH

ARZ already has legit RWs

Might have to be a Beauviller in a package deal

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Tofu_Bud said:

Im having a hard time figuring out where Kuzy could land.  

CHI has Hall coming back next year to play w Bedard but Kuzy could be a PP ace/reclamation project. 

He doesnt seem like a guy Verbeek would want in ANH

ARZ already has legit RWs

Might have to be a Beauviller in a package deal

That's why Calgary seems like a good fit to me, the cap is close and they need scoring potential.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

So, thanks to some good work by @HKSR on our future cap issues, its very clear we can't afford to move Willander or Lekkerimaki.

So that leaves the big ticket pieces this years 1st and Kuzy. 

Whats the best deal we could reasonably get with this package?

IMO it would be Lindholm. 

What say you?

I think we'd need to add a bit more but, I'd be very interested in Dmitri Voronkov

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I haven't paid much attention to CBJ this year - how would he fit Tocc's system?

That's a good point.  Allvin wants them to fit their system (ie is coachable), fits with the culture etc.  

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I haven't paid much attention to CBJ this year - how would he fit Tocc's system?

6'4"- 240lbs

Plays a very physical game, especially along the boards. He will drop the gloves.

24 pnts in 43 games.

He also plays a responsible defensive game.

He is only 23 yrs old. I wouldn't blame them at all if they made him an untouchable but, The Jackets need so many pieces. If they could get 3 or 4 good pieces for him, one would have to think it a pretty tempting proposition to move him.

Brzustewicz, Silovs, 2024 1st, and maybe Kuzy (If it gets a deal done)

That's 4 solid pieces they need badly.

58 minutes ago, Komodo0921 said:

6'4"- 240lbs

Plays a very physical game, especially along the boards. He will drop the gloves.

24 pnts in 43 games.

He is only 23 yrs old. I wouldn't blame them at all if they made him an untouchable but, The Jackets need so many pieces. If they could get 3 or 4 good pieces for him, one would have to think it a pretty tempting proposition to move him.

Damn, that's interesting 

1 hour ago, Komodo0921 said:

6'4"- 240lbs

24 pnts in 43 games.

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Damn, that's interesting 

He's got a pretty good scouting report but you've exaggerated his weight by 50 lbs

Cap Friendly has him at 190 and rates him at 73, projecting to the 3rd line.  Remarkable for a 4th round pick.  You're overpaying a wee bit.

Dmitri Voronkov Scouting Reports - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

He's got a pretty good scouting report but you've exaggerated his weight by 50 lbs

Cap Friendly has him at 190 and rates him at 73, projecting to the 3rd line.  Remarkable for a 4th round pick.  You're overpaying a wee bit.

TSN has him at 240

2 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

I know it's an overpayment but, players with his skills and aggressive nature aren't very common anymore.

He has playoff hockey written all over him and he's only 23.

It seems a first rounder isn't even getting Arber Xhekax.

3 hours ago, Crabcakes said:

The Blue Jackets team site has him at 240.......I would go with that......he looks pretty Fn big for 190

5 hours ago, Komodo0921 said:

I think we'd need to add a bit more but, I'd be very interested in Dmitri Voronkov

Ive had my eye on their young Russians this year.  I cant imagine CBJ trading them (K Johnson more likely imo).

There was a highlight early in the season where I think Voronkov just fire hydranted someone along the end boards.  Wish I could find the highlight 

I just know if we trade Kuzmenko and acquire Lindholm, Kuzy will out-score Lindholm. Lindholm is playing basically top line minutes with Calgary and is just sitting at around 30 points in 50 games. Kuzmenko is playing bottom line minutes and has 20 points in 40 games. Watch them swap up responsibilities, ice-time and Kuzmenko will make us look like fools.

Of course he isn't fitting in well to Tocchet's style and system but I just know it's going to happen.