[Waivers] Axel Jonsson-Fjallby

No idea who he is... but he is Swedish so you know our scouting department knows a lot about him 🙂

Age and price is right for someone to pick him up for a project with some upside or 13th forward.

Edited by Provost
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

HockeyDB states no longer on the active roster for both AHL and NHL. Waivers for the purpose of letting him go?

Scheifele is healthy so they needed to move someone, but Jets fans would rather not lose him

https://illegalcurve.com/winnipeg-jets-activate-mark-scheifele-off-ir-put-ajf-on-waivers/

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Provost said:

No idea who he is... but he is Swedish so you know our scouting department knows a lot about him 🙂

Age and price is right for someone to pick him up for a project with some upside or 13th forward.

Jets fans like him as a bottom six energy guy who provides speed and a solid forecheck 

Jets admittedly have some pretty solid bottom six depth, they don't have the Canucks top end point producers but they have depth throughout the lineup 

https://www.capfriendly.com/depth-charts/jets

Edited by Coconuts

Good speed, and tenacious on the forcheck, great on the PK, I would say he is an upgrade on Karlsson. He has another year left at 775k, could be a low cost replacement for Lafferty next season if we are pinching pennies for Lindholm.

• Cheers 2

53 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Jets fans like him as a bottom six energy guy who provides speed and a solid forecheck 

Thought Tocchet wanted more speed on the forecheck? This guy checks those boxes, doesn't he?  

Gonna pass on this guy... this is a red flag for me...

• Claimed off waivers by Buffalo from Washington, October 4, 2021.
  • Claimed off waivers by Washington from Buffalo, October 11, 2021.
  • Claimed off waivers by Winnipeg from Washington, October 10, 2022

And now placed on waivers by Winnipeg.... although I have no idea what Buffalo and Washington were doing in 2021 lol

Edited by HKSR

17 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Thought Tocchet wanted more speed on the forecheck? This guy checks those boxes, doesn't he?  

He very well could

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

And now placed on waivers by Winnipeg.... although I have no idea what Buffalo and Washington were doing in 2021 lol

This time round he's more a victim of Winnipeg's bottom six depth, Jets are a good team 

Doesn't mean he isn't a capable bottom six player

Scheifele is healthy, someone was gonna have to go

16 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You are looking at the glass as half empty. The other perspective would be 3 times that he was wanted and verified as an NHL player.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

You are looking at the glass as half empty. The other perspective would be 3 times that he was wanted and verified as an NHL player.

He has played AHL duty all 3 years he has been "in" the NHL.  He's 25 years old turning 26 in 4 days.  I suspect he's a fringe NHL player at this point.  Rather get either proven NHL talent, or else leave that bottom 6 spot available for our very own AHL callups.

image.png.8bbd8be745845d9bdd644e8f62fb02ea.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

He has played AHL duty all 3 years he has been "in" the NHL.  He's 25 years old turning 26 in 4 days.  I suspect he's a fringe NHL player at this point.  Rather get either proven NHL talent, or else leave that bottom 6 spot available for our very own AHL callups.

image.png.8bbd8be745845d9bdd644e8f62fb02ea.png

A 4 game conditioning stint last year was AHL duty? I like that you don't want someone who has played in the ahl but would rather have someone who is playing with our ahl team. 🤣

He might actually get claimed. Don't think we would claim him and even if we did doubt he will make it to us, we are first in the league, we get last dips on the waiver wire.

I would put in a claim for him. I was really impressed by him in the WJC a few years ago. I didn't know who he was before then but he made me pay attention. Struck me as a Jannik Hansen type player, very high motor and good awareness in all situations. I've been following him on and off since that WJC and I think he would be valuable as a 13th forward for use who could swap in for Aman from time to time on our 4th line.