MMA etc...

bishopshodan

Wanted to start a thread and not have UFC in the title.  There are more options than that one company...

MMA is growing, not sure if it is growing in the right way...

UFC is as lame as ever, as far as match making goes, but also losing grip on top talent. Some of that talent is being attracted to big prize fights/ boxing such as the up coming Fury vs Ngannou.

One championship, Bellator, PFL, Karate combat are doing some ok things.

BKFC is also a place MMA fighters end up.

Anyway, post away .

Recently, V Shevchenko was 'robbed' of the title. Some drunk judge gave Grasso a 10-8 in the 5th round.

BS I say, BS.

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

First mma stuff I saw was the tournament with Dan “The Beast” Severen and Royce Gracie. Gracie won by finding a weak spot, grabbing hold, and twisting until the other guy tapped out. Very cool to see the different fighters come together like that. 

Those were the days.

True style vs style.

You know, Severen ended his career with a record of 101-19-1 

That's 121 cage fights.

Cage. Fights.    💀

Bad. Ass. 

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

UFC is as lame as ever, as far as match making goes, but also losing grip on top talent.

Imo UFC should probably give the fans what they want instead of pushing Covington and O'Malley down our throats.

I hope the merger changes things a lil but probably not

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is Boxing however very happy that Canelo smashed Charlo around the ring last night. 

Big mouthed seppo.

Calling Tszyu a paper champion.

Won't fight him.

Take the fight and we will see who is the better fighter.

Same thing is happening with my friends daughter, the Aussie champ is ducking her, stating Steph hasn't done enough to warrant a shot.

3 weeks time Steph is fighting another Thai girl who has 44 fights under her belt.

Whole bunch of us going down this time, including one of our friends who used to be a World Champion, Dave " the destroyer " Russell

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

Well you sure must have been disappointed 😄

Any thoughts on tomorrow's card? 

Sorry was on a timeout.

Had little interest in the fights once the changes happened.

Just read the recaps...many saying Usman got robbed. And Dana said it was a titile eliminator? WTF....neither guy ranked in the top 10 at 185?

Yep, pretty much done with the UFC. rankings mean nothing, judges keep sucking....Dana's more a goof than ever...

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Sorry was on a timeout.

Had little interest in the fights once the changes happened.

Just read the recaps...many saying Usman got robbed. And Dana said it was a titile eliminator? WTF....neither guy ranked in the top 10 at 185?

Yep, pretty much done with the UFC. rankings mean nothing, judges keep sucking....Dana's more a goof than ever...

You're completely right. They throw silly, big money fights together that appeal to the casual fan. They choose favourites and cherry pick matchmaking opportunities. The judges are almost hilariously bad sometimes. 

I still can't look away though. I understand why you'd drop it. I think it's still more fun than boxing right now, just based on the amount of exciting matchups that get made. But the UFC has serious problems.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Holy shit Francis.

He won that fight. Split my ass.

Gypsy king let done the boxing world. 

What a scham. This is why boxing is dead. Fake ass sport. All because one "judge" scored 96-93. 96 what? Liters of blood lost by the champ? 96 seconds spent on his knees? 

What a waste of time. It's time for one of these dudes to come roll around on the mat in the UFC.

• ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, 27 Percent said:

What a scham. This is why boxing is dead. Fake ass sport. All because one "judge" scored 96-93. 96 what? Liters of blood lost by the champ? 96 seconds spent on his knees? 

What a waste of time. It's time for one of these dudes to come roll around on the mat in the UFC.

Thats just it.

FN was too nice in the post interview..

Should have said " In my first boxing match I dropped, bloodied, out muscled your undefeated king. Walked into his world and didn't get a scratch on me" then tell the world that MMA is the new sweet science, the closest thing to the real deal. 

Edited by bishopshodan

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Thats just it.

FN was too nice in the post interview..

Should have said " In my first boxing match I dropped, bloodied, out muscled your undefeated king. Walked into his world and didn't get a scratch on me" then tell the world that MMA is the new sweet science, the closest thing to the real deal. 

Franky is very classy for not ripping the boxing world there. 

• ThereItIs 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I guess sitting guys who are set to face each other close to each other isn't a good idea.  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10101475-video-sean-strickland-dricus-du-plessis-fight-in-crowd-during-ufc-296

Video: Sean Strickland, Dricus Du Plessis Fight in Crowd During UFC 296

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Nice to see DuPlessis win, but that crowd in Toronto was a disgrace to this country.

LOL!

No, the disgrace to this Country is Trudeau and the people who blindly support him.

Hopefully we will see more and more crowds react the same way.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, IamCANADIAN013 said:

LOL!

No, the disgrace to this Country is Trudeau and the people who blindly support him.

Yeah, seeing them cheering for that homophobic piece of trash was a great look for the country...

19 hours ago, IamCANADIAN013 said:

LOL!

Way too much freedom allowed in the UFC..

It was a great fight from both men.  I gave the slight edge to Du Plessis but it was so close

Edited by Wiggums

18 hours ago, Wiggums said:

Way too much freedom allowed in the UFC..

It was a great fight from both men.  I gave the slight edge to Du Plessis but it was so close

Very close fight.  Seen many close fights like Saturdays that went the Champions way.  You always hear to beat the champ you need to make it decisive which it wasn't.

Though when it you leave it in the hands of the judges anything can happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...