[Proposal] Mikheyev to Pittsburgh

Mikheyev needs to go and likely is Tocchet’s next player they want to move on from.

so why not try to send him to the Penguins for 1 of:

R Smith 5m cap hit for another year

or

Rakell 5m but has few years left

10 minutes ago, Rounoush said:

Why is everyone looking to get rid of Mikheyev?

because they are in love with garland now and we realistically can't afford to have 2 5mil ish fringe top 6 and only 1 of them playing actual top 6 even though not producing like one

Do you remember when we lacked speed? I remember.

If you actually listen to Tocc , he's not upset about Mik. Yes we'd like more production, which will come with that new line. Kuzy banana was a party, but Mik carried the defensive load. Lindholm is not that kind of player.

• Cheers 2

Mikheyev, rips up some ligaments-goes through surgery.

doctors,  pundits, commentators, and people that have had that surgery " It's going to take at least a year, before he gets back to 100%"

Fans- " O.K."

50 games into next season some fans " Why does Mikheyev suck?"

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Mikheyev, rips up some ligaments-goes through surgery.

doctors,  pundits, commentators, and people that have had that surgery " It's going to take at least a year, before he gets back to 100%"

Fans- " O.K."

50 games into next season some fans " Why does Mikheyev suck?"

I don't think Mik sucks.  In fact, I don't want the Canucks to trade him THIS season.  I think he's an excellent complementary piece with great defensive ability.  I think he might be overpaid a little bit as I believe his ceiling is a 15 to 20 goal, 40 point forward.  He's no anchor though. 

The only reason I have him on the top of my list to trade away this offseason is because we need his cap space to re-sign Lindholm.  If the question is who would you rather have -- Lindholm or Mikheyev?  I think the answer is obvious.

Some are in the trade Garland camp, which I can understand, but when you look at the metrics and what Garland does for that 3rd line, it doesn't make sense to move him.  Our 3rd line is greater than the sum of its parts in large part due to Garland being the driver of that line.  We've got Garland driving the 3rd line and Hogs driving the 4th.  Can't be understated how important that is.

• Like 1