Jett Woo recalled, Soucy IR

AAA

59 minutes ago, tas said:

what are the cap implications of soucy on ltir?

They're aren't any. He's not on LTIR, just Injured Reserve. Last I heard he's expected back late Feb/early March, this is just so they can bring up Woo while Zadorov is suspended

Woo has 5 goals and 11 assists in 42 games in Abbotsford. I want to see what he can do.

1 hour ago, AAA said:

Soucy on LTIR, Z serving his suspension leaves a roster spot open.

Woo or Friedman will draw in. Can anyone shed light on how has Woo been in Abby this year?

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/carson-soucy-injured-reserve-jett-woo-recalled

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

They're aren't any. He's not on LTIR, just Injured Reserve. Last I heard he's expected back late Feb/early March, this is just so they can bring up Woo while Zadorov is suspended

that's what I thought. the initial tweet I saw just said ir, not ltir, and thought someone knew something I didn't. 

I've been wondering about soucy and ltir for awhile though. it was announced as 4-6 weeks and when asked, tocc said 6-8 weeks. is it because the canucks are already so deep into the ltir overage that they can't gain any further benefit from it that they aren't putting him on ltir?

• AAA changed the title to Jett Woo recalled, Soucy IR
31 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Soucy’s on IR, not LTIR. This just opens up a roster spot and is retroactive to when he was injured, but does not give us any cap space. 

Thanks for the correction! I misread

I'm hoping Woo gets a chance, management needs to see if he could be a longer term fit on this team. If Myers leaves, that would open space for Juulsen to be a full-timer at 5-6, which appears to be Tocchet and Foote's desire, they love him, and that would open up the #7 spot for a Woo or Friedman. I know people are concerned about not being able to resign most of the UFAs after this season, but folks forget about the quality players who will push for jobs from down in Abby. I'm curious to see if Pods, Sasson, Baines, Wolanin, Woo, and one of the goalies can push their way into the lineup. I think Baines is ready for a bottom six role, he was the AHL All Star MVP. And it looks like Pods has turned a corner as well. Sasson seems to be working hard on his 200 foot game, and might be a replacement in the bottom six. Great teams reload from within, which was PA and JR's vision from the start.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Hope Woo gets his debut tomorrow night!

Unleash the Wooooooo

He won't play unless disaster strikes.  He'll be up until Big Z's suspension is over.  In the meantime, he gets a trip to Chicago, will practice with the team (if there are any) but will at least take part in game day skates and draw NHL pay.  It'll do him good to be rubbing shoulders with NHL players and coaches.

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

He won't play unless disaster strikes.  He'll be up until Big Z's suspension is over.  In the meantime, he gets a trip to Chicago, will practice with the team (if there are any) but will at least take part in game day skates and draw NHL pay.  It'll do him good to be rubbing shoulders with NHL players and coaches.

This is most likely exactly what will happen, but would love to see them dress 7D and give him a few shifts to get a sense of the NHL regular season pace.

In playoffs this year, the more D we have who are "NHL READY", the better. Even if that just means a few shifts.

4 hours ago, AAA said:

Soucy on IR, Z serving his suspension leaves a roster spot open.

Woo or Friedman will draw in. Can anyone shed light on how has Woo been in Abby this year?

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/carson-soucy-injured-reserve-jett-woo-recalled

I've been a huge fan of Woo since we drafted him, was sure he was gonna be that missing piece for us at time, and other time I'm sure he was gonna straight up bust. 

He's been money this year in Abby at both ends of the ice. After a few injury disrupted years ( much like Juules) His skating and gap control has much improved, he's got a good hard shot that he can get through and his vision in the O zone isn't bad either. He can also absolutely lay the smack down. 

Biggest knock for me is that he has a few Tyler Myers moments where you're really worried about what he's doing in transition or when pinching. I'm not sure his hockey IQ is up there with the best of them. . . That said he's been really leaned on this year to provide offense with some of Abby's key Offensive D either moving on or being injured and in and out the lineup. If he can play a calmer bottom-pair game in the NHL he could be a big hit ( pun intended lol) 

I think it's still to be seen if he plays or not - i got the impression that Management really want him to have the Hogz / Pods experience of having a full injury-free year on the farm where he can be the goto Guy for D, and maybe also not risk a higher profile waivers exposure next year with some NHL games. 

Still rootin for the kid ... Woooooooooooooooooooooo

• Cheers 2

Wishing Woo the best of luck. He has soldiered on in Abbotsford with whoever he was assigned to line up.

While he is a wait and see, l am glad he's getting the call.

I look at this 3 ways.

Does he fit the need?

Are they going to showcase him for something else?

Cost effective!

We do have one to 2 years before other prospects are here. 

Edited by snowman955
Spellcheck malfunction
  • Cheers 2