(Proposal) two trades VAN/CAL VAN/MTL

To Van - Chris Tanev 

To Cal- Mikheyev, 2026 2nd

To MTL - 2024 4th round pick (From NJ for Lazar)

To Van - Michael Pezzetta 

Pettersson Miller Boeser

Hoglander Lindholm Suter 

Joshua Blueger Garland 

Pezzetta Aman Lafferty 

Hughes Hronek
Cole Tanev

Zedorov Juulsen 

Soucy Myers 

Brother your proposals are just a little too out there.  Your last one with Wilson didn't make sense, and these two also don't make any sense. 

Firstly, your valuation Tanev is completely off.  You're just trying to scam Calgary here.  He is the most valuable trade bait on the market BY FAR.  You're offering him a struggling winger and a distant pick. 

Here's what you need to do for your next proposal.  You need to first think about why the other team would agree to these trades and not just gun after any player you like.  We get it.  You like tough guys.  But guys like Wilson and Pezzetta aren't going anywhere.

• Cheers 3

I think Mikheyev + 2nd for Tanev makes a lot of sense, Calgary must be happy with how Kuzmenko's looked so far so why not go back and try to rinse us again? Meanwhile we're free from a 5M fourth liner who can be easily replaced internally, get a smidge of cap space and get Tanev for a playoff push. 

Then in the off-season we have all these old defencemen to decide on who leaves and who stays. Surely Myers goes, he's asking for 4M which is outrageous. Cole - it depends on how slow or tired he is at the end of this year because surely he doesn't have much good hockey left. Tanev is 34 now so maybe only has a year or two left as well. I'm sure we could nail down one of these guys to a cheap 2-3M deal and play them 17-18 minutes primarily on the PK and bottom pairing.

16 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I think Mikheyev + 2nd for Tanev makes a lot of sense, Calgary must be happy with how Kuzmenko's looked so far so why not go back and try to rinse us again? Meanwhile we're free from a 5M fourth liner who can be easily replaced internally, get a smidge of cap space and get Tanev for a playoff push. 

Then in the off-season we have all these old defencemen to decide on who leaves and who stays. Surely Myers goes, he's asking for 4M which is outrageous. Cole - it depends on how slow or tired he is at the end of this year because surely he doesn't have much good hockey left. Tanev is 34 now so maybe only has a year or two left as well. I'm sure we could nail down one of these guys to a cheap 2-3M deal and play them 17-18 minutes primarily on the PK and bottom pairing.

kuzmenko coming off a 70+ point season and could be struggling coz of RT.. mikheyev career high is 32 points lol injury prone and have an extra year left on top.. mikheyev is good defensively but that's about it and who knows if he'll ever get his speed back from the injury.. it's been over a year now

29 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

You are feeding OP's delusions if you think a Mikheyev + some 2nd three years from now will get you Chris Tanev.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, PeteyBOI said:

all we need for taneve is a second round pick...

mikheyev is valuable teams would want him

The runoured ask for Tanev is a 1st or a 2nd and a second asset. A 2nd alone likely doesn't get it done 

3 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

I doubt a defenceman in his d+6 season who hasn't actually played a hane in the NHL and requires waivers counts as an attractive asset 

you would  pay more than a second for tanev? 

hmmm

On 2/13/2024 at 2:54 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

I think Mikheyev + 2nd for Tanev makes a lot of sense, Calgary must be happy with how Kuzmenko's looked so far so why not go back and try to rinse us again? Meanwhile we're free from a 5M fourth liner who can be easily replaced internally, get a smidge of cap space and get Tanev for a playoff push

I don't think it makes much sense for Calgary. 

The rumored asking price for Tanev is a 1st (likely will be a late rounder since contenders will be making the offers). I don't think Cal will want the Canucks 2nd and a struggling winger making $5 million per for another 2 years after this. 

They will likely just look for something simpler like a late 1st for Tanev (and they'll retain some on him). Maybe if the market is being overblown for him and no offers come in then something like this could be considered, but I think it'll only be if Cal runs out of options.