[Waivers] WSH Evgeny Kuznetsov

• LB28 changed the title to [Waivers] WSH Evgeny Kuznetsov
4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Wow!

Terminating his contract I suppose? Bad look after he just got out of the player assistance program no?

Maybe, but he's got 17 points in 43 games this year so he might just be washed. 

Caps might not feel he's going to contribute for their push.

For termination...? Or just waivers. There's a world I could see him signing a cheap show me contract and actually playing some decent offensive hockey in a sheltered role.

Not for us, we have PHIL THE THRILL KESSEL being signed shortly to phil that role.

• Haha 1

Doubt they're terminating considering he just exited the program, why would he give up that money? 

Probably hoping someone takes him, otherwise they may pay to dump him

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Wow!

Terminating his contract I suppose? Bad look after he just got out of the player assistance program no?

The NHLPA wouldn't let that slide. They will have to buy him out in the offseason (3.8 in 2025 and 2.0 in 2026)

6 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

For termination...? Or just waivers. There's a world I could see him signing a cheap show me contract and actually playing some decent offensive hockey in a sheltered role.

Not for us, we have PHIL THE THRILL KESSEL being signed shortly to phil that role.

Why wouldn't he just go home and play for his hometown?  I'm sure they'll give him good cash.

5 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

Why wouldn't he just go home and play for his hometown?  I'm sure they'll give him good cash.

With the way the Russian economy is currently due to the war in Ukraine?

I don't know if I would want to be so sure of that.

Edited by The Lock

7 minutes ago, The Lock said:

With the way the Russian economy is currently due to the war in Ukraine?

I don't know if I would want to be so sure of that.

I'm 99.9% sure Zhenya spends his summers back home.  As soon as his NHL career is over, he's gonna immediately join Traktor as a player or some staff role.  You can count on it.

2 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I'm 99.9% sure Zhenya spends his summers back home.  As soon as his NHL career is over, he's gonna immediately join Traktor as a player or some staff role.  You can count on it.

I mean sure? But would they be able to pay him the 7.5mil the NHL is currently if he leaves the NHL sooner than his contract is expired?

This isn't a debate of whether he'd be willing to go back home. This is a debate about whether he'd have a financially better outcome from it, which I believe he wouldn't.

Edited by The Lock

6 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I mean sure? But would they be able to pay him the 7.5mil the NHL is currently if he leaves the NHL sooner than his contract is expired?

This isn't a debate of whether he'd be willing to go back home. This is a debate about whether he'd have a financially better outcome from it, which I believe he wouldn't.

Right - that's what you meant.  I'm sure he would prefer getting bought out over mutual termination.  But if he becomes a fre agent, I doubt he'd try to prove his worth on some random NHL team on a minimum contract.

• MillerTime 1

This is kinda of sick that a team would just give up on him right after the program. Looks so bad on the franchise. No idea why he was in it in the first place but come on. This is wrong on so many levels.

12 minutes ago, Sneakystink said:

This is kinda of sick that a team would just give up on him right after the program. Looks so bad on the franchise. No idea why he was in it in the first place but come on. This is wrong on so many levels.

Same thing happened last year with Vrana and the red wings. Nobody blinked an eye.

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Sneakystink said:

The reporting is that Kuznetsov is wanting a change of scenery. So this isn't the Capitals giving up on him but trying the easiest way to get that done (another team can take him for free).

Without knowing the details of why he was in the Player Assistance Program, here's a hypothetical. A person is going through drug/alcohol problems and spiraling into depression. They start to seek help but afterwards when they are released they're surrounded by all of the same triggers that started them to spiral (same people, same bars, same apartment, etc.). Everywhere they go they get reminded of their low point. Now, would it be better for that person to stay in the situation and possibly relapse or go somewhere else where they don't have all their original vices surrounding them?

Sometimes supporting means helping move on and not trying to keep them in the same place. Obviously this was a hypothetical, but just pointing out that it isn't black and white.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Makes sense to me.I mean the guy knows to many people that he used drugs with there.

Rehabs tell you to stay away from those places that trigger you.

Best thing for him is to move to another team which he wants so don't know why anyone is shocked at this.

The best thing for him is what they are doing.

I say the Blackhawks take him.

Edited by cripplereh
  • Cheers 3

he sounds like the perfect fit for the Oilers... they are always on the look out for another scoring winger.  And they could always use another locker room cancer. 

(man I wish there was a sarcasm font )

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1