HKSR's Spreadsheet Forecast with Petey's New Deal

1 hour ago, Canuck You said:

I would expect that Petey 2.0  and (maybe) Woo will be a part of that D line-up in 1-2 yrs.

Also Bains will probably be given a shot next season, Up to him to show he wants it full-time.

Absolutely.  I think the goal is to get your top guys locked in (whether that be your stars, or your KEY support guys -- ie. Joshua), then fill out the rest with ELCs and bargain UFAs on shorter term deals.

If we have these guys locked down, we have a strong core and support group to work with:

Hughes

Petey

Miller

Boeser

Hronek

Demko

Joshua

Hoglander

Zadorov (yes, I feel Zadorov brings the same element to the defence group that Joshua brings to the forwards)

Top 6 Core:  Petey, Boeser, Miller, Hoglander

Defence Core:  Hughes, Hronek, Zadorov

Key Support:  Joshua

Shorter term deals that round out the KEY support group:  Garland (only a couple years left), Suter, Soucy

The group listed above looks like this:

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Hoglander-Petey-???

Garland-???-Joshua

???-???-???

Hughes-Hronek

Zadorov-???

Soucy-???

If we can lock down Lindholm (or an alternative top 6 guy - Guentzel?) and bring in a top 4 RHD via UFA, we should remain highly competitive for several years.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

Where does Guentzel fit into this??

If we trade for him, we can afford to re-sign 1 of Guentzel or Lindholm.  Take your pick and we move forward.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, HKSR said:

If we trade for him, we can afford to re-sign 1 of Guentzel or Lindholm.  Take your pick and we move forward.

I'll take Lindholm. Guentzel seems like pure rental. I would prefer to go after other guys if we are in the rental market. 

I'll play @HKSR 

image.thumb.png.2314550ad655fe334d104447088dde50.png

Leaves us about a million if adjustments need to be made in resignings 

2.3 x 3 for Myers retirement deal. I like Myers. Most don't  but I do and would love to see him retire a canuck. 

4x5 for Zad maybe he needs a small bump much more though and I'm fine with him being a rental. 

Joshua has done well he's never done well before he shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth he could easily be out of the league on his ass if he get's a big head. 

Blueger deserves a re up I could come up a bit from 2.5 but 3m I think is max. IMO he's succeded where Dickinson failed. Neither are bad players one fit and the other didn't. 

Mik's gotta go we have to find a way to give him away for free. If it can't be done maybe it cost's us Lindholm. Which sucks. Hopefully we dig another gem like Suter and it's all ok in the end. 

Edited by Hammertime
  • Like 1

This one is for @Elias Pettersson ...

What if we traded Mikheyev AND Garland?

If we walk from Zadorov and sign Cole and Tanev to sub-$3M deals, could it be feasible to bring back both of Lindholm and Guentzel?  😮

Lindholm at $7M AAV

Guentzel at $8M AAV

Hronek at $7.25M AAV

Brock at $7.2M AAV

Guentzel-Petey-Lindholm

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Podkolzin-Suter-Joshua

Karlsson-Aman-Lafferty

Hughes-Hronek

Cole-Tanev

Soucy-Juulsen

image.thumb.png.b6d7ab77033e81105e164a57c81c4ded.png

5 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I'll play @HKSR 

image.thumb.png.2314550ad655fe334d104447088dde50.png

Leaves us about a million if adjustments need to be made in resignings 

2.3 x 3 for Myers retirement deal. I like Myers. Most don't  but I do and would love to see him retire a canuck. 

4x5 for Zad maybe he needs a small bump much more though and I'm fine with him being a rental. 

Joshua has done well he's never done well before he shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth he could easily be out of the league on his ass if he get's a big head. 

Blueger deserves a re up I could come up a bit from 2.5 but 3m I think is max. IMO he's succeded where Dickinson failed.

Mik's gotta go he have to find a way to give him away for free. If it cant be done maybe it cost's us Lindholm. which sucks. Hopefully we dig another gem like Suter and it's all ok in the end. 

Can we sustain that roster once the OEL buyout penalties reach nearly $5M ?  Or is this projection just for next year?

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Can we sustain that roster once the OEL buyout penalties reach nearly $5M ?  Or is this projection just for next year?

I think maybe we will have to move Brock for less expensive budding players but it should work. I don't think re upping Brock and his wild shooting percentage makes sense. We saw Kuz come crashing back to earth. Hopefully we learn from that and sell high. realistically he's warming Lekkerimakis spot right? I have a hard time seeing Lek flourish as long as we have Brock. And your top line of Hog Pete Lek seems pretty idealistic. 

Edited by Hammertime

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

This one is for @Elias Pettersson ...

What if we traded Mikheyev AND Garland?

If we walk from Zadorov and sign Cole and Tanev to sub-$3M deals, could it be feasible to bring back both of Lindholm and Guentzel?  😮

Lindholm at $7M AAV

Guentzel at $8M AAV

Hronek at $7.25M AAV

Brock at $7.2M AAV

Guentzel-Petey-Lindholm

Hoglander-Miller-Boeser

Podkolzin-Suter-Joshua

Karlsson-Aman-Lafferty

Hughes-Hronek

Cole-Tanev

Soucy-Juulsen

image.thumb.png.b6d7ab77033e81105e164a57c81c4ded.png

stats aside with Lex in the pipe I think Garland due to being able to play 3rd line and drive play where Brock in the bottom 6 doesn't make sense especially at 7m+ even if were only talking about 1 year I think the team as a whole is stronger with garland at 4.9 vs Brock @ 7+m considering he's cock blocking Lekkerimaki and to a lesser extent Hogs who has 19g 5v5 32% more than Brock picking up Millers change. 

image.png.4be2b98fc5bb70c99bf537bc04c1a3bd.png

Edited by Hammertime