[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

Yeah, not into Guentzel for the price they're (likely) asking. I think Lindholm establishes himself more by playoffs; who's to say JG wouldn't need an adjustment period as well? Maybe less so, but I guess my gut just says flipping EL so soon is the wrong move. I'd rather a less expensive alternative and a depth defenseman.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Draisaitl - McDavid - Hyman 

Kane - RNH - Janmark 

Foegele - Henrique - Perry 

Brown - McLeod - Holloway 

Uh oh

He'd probs be on the second line, the talk of late is that they'd like to insulate Kane better

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

C'mon Carolina, ante up

Friedman is on the Jeff Marek show right now "speculating, thinking, feeling" that Carolina is the front runner for Guentzel.

He's suggesting Carolina has the prospects that most appeal to Pittsburgh...THANK GOD

I've never wanted Friedman to be right, more than I do right now. LOL 

Time to pivot JR, get your backup plan in place if you feel you need to do something.

Otherwise call Podz back up...we're 2-0 with him in the lineup. Haha 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

I love how I'm basically just posting my twitter feed lol

Are we considering what Dhali posts again or…?

unsure how to feel about this but sure as hell hope we don’t overpay

Edited by RWJC

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Are we considering what Dhali posts again or…?

unsure how to feel about this but sure as hell hope we don’t overpay

Friedman basically saying it's Carolinas race to lose. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Are we considering what Dhali posts again or …?

Dhali is the most connected insider in Vancouver, especially with player agents - the guys who talk to individual teams on behalf of their rentals pre-TDL. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Dom said:

They're going to do something, so if they miss out on Guentzel - who do they pivot too?

Zucker? 

Vatrano or Toffoli.

I’ll be severely pissed if Höglander is moved for a rental though. 

• Honkin Hronek changed the title to [GDT] Let's do a Thing! - Beat the Oilers Edition - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT
1 minute ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Dhali is the most connected insider in Vancouver, especially with player agents - the guys who talk to individual teams on behalf of their rentals pre-TDL. 

I realize that but I just wonder about his sources considering the EP extension stuff. Oh well, let’s see what transpires 

4 minutes ago, Dom said:

They're going to do something, so if they miss out on Guentzel - who do they pivot too?

Zucker? 

I personally don't think we should do anything with asking prices the way they are. 

Looks like Henrique & Carrick are being traded to Edmonton.

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

I realize that but I just wonder about his sources considering the EP extension stuff. Oh well, let’s see what transpires 

He does tend to be a whistleblower for the team/agents trying to push an agenda to help with negotiations, but he's still as connected as it gets. He's the best local insider we have. 

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I do wonder about Podz being sent back to Abby, and if it might have to do with Kessel. Kessel has to sign by Friday if they want him for playoffs. 

Sounds like Canucks are really going after Guentzel. I haven't watched a lot of PIT games, so I'm no expert on Guentzel at all, but he provides a lot of offence. Is that the Crosby effect or could he also produce like that with Petey? Why not?

Miller - Boeser

Guentzel - Pettersson

Could be that or salary games

1 minute ago, Honkin Hronek said:

I still believe the Lindholm to Boston rumors don't hold much weight. I'm sure there have been talks, but the Canucks would be in the position of strength here as there isn't much of a need for us to move Lindholm. 

Can't say I've followed Zucker as of late so would be curious to hear how his play has been as of late. He's a LW though, so seems like he'd be the one to fill in on the Miller - Boeser line.

• Thanks 1