[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

1 minute ago, ngoway said:

I still believe the Lindholm to Boston rumors don't hold much weight. I'm sure there have been talks, but the Canucks would be in the position of strength here as there isn't much of a need for us to move Lindholm. 

Can't say I've followed Zucker as of late so would be curious to hear how his play has been as of late. He's a LW though, so seems like he'd be the one to fill in on the Miller - Boeser line.

Zucker forechecks and wins puck battles. Pretty much, we want a solid puck retriever to put on the line with Miller/Boeser. PDG isn't skilled enough. Mik has just been very underwhelming in the 2nd half. Zucker is the kind of player that is an upgrade on that spot.

When Joshua returns, I can see them reunite the Swedish mafia line of Hoglander-Pettersson-Lindholm line.

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Ralph. said:

Yeah, not into Guentzel for the price they're (likely) asking. I think Lindholm establishes himself more by playoffs; who's to say JG wouldn't need an adjustment period as well? Maybe less so, but I guess my gut just says flipping EL so soon is the wrong move. I'd rather a less expensive alternative and a depth defenseman.

I also like Lindholm for his two way play that will be very useful come the playoffs - I'm surprised hes not had more impact having been successful with Sutter as coach (similar style to RT) - perhaps its an adjustment period or maybe he's been asked to have a more checking role.  Not a huge fan of flipping him (since we already gave up 1st Rounder and Bruz for him) - though we don't know whats really going on behind the scenes. Also, its may be a poor perception for potential free agent in the summer.

Canucks can never have enough reliable D or tough gritty wingers - IMO - I would go that direction as I've seen how the Western Conference playoffs can get pretty brutal with the hitting (with nothing being called).  Will be cheaper than a JG

Just Win.jpg

Edited by hockeyfan-observer

4 minutes ago, RJCF96 said:

Zucker forechecks and wins puck battles. Pretty much, we want a solid puck retriever to put on the line with Miller/Boeser. PDG isn't skilled enough. Mik has just been very underwhelming in the 2nd half. Zucker is the kind of player that is an upgrade on that spot.

When Joshua returns, I can see them reunite the Swedish mafia line of Hoglander-Pettersson-Lindholm line.

Nice, definitely sounds like a player that would compliment Miller and Boeser. Agreed as well that Hoglander - Pettersson - Lindholm as a line again would be great too. Our bottom six would also look quite nice as well as that would free us up to move Suter to center the 4th line.

The way I see what has happeend so far:  It was a super IQ move by the Canucks brainstrust to get Lindholm to put some pressure on EP40 to sign ("the future is now, kid, better to sign fast").  Now, I think they may well move Lindholm to Boston to recoup what they paid for him, send Mik plus a pick (got to move that deadweight somehow) to Arizona for Zucker, and then do something to get Jake as well as some defensive depth out of Pittsburgh.  And if EP40 doesn't like how thing went by the end of the season, wheneevr that is, hey, they move him for a big return before the trade clause kicks in.           

• Like 1

I don't get the fascination with Zucker. What is it with Allvin targeting PIT players only? 

edit  - zucker did play 4 seasons for pit, before big traded to ari

Edited by Nucker67
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, DixonWard said:

Whatever happens, Let's remember that we have already added Zadorov and Lindholm.  We have also cleared out the cap of Beauvillier and Kuzmenko.  I will judge the trade deadline considering these factors as well as a lot of teams have done nothing to this point.

Very fair point

• Honkin Hronek changed the title to [GDT] Let's do a Thing! - Mittlestadt/Walker to Colorado, Byram to Buffalo, Henrique to Edmonton - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT

Wouldn't touch Byram at this point honestly. Decent enough as a player of course, but I don't want to gamble on any players with concussion histories for a while, given our recent luck with that.

6 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

HOLY F

That's some quick work from Colorado if so.

Out = Byram and Johansen
In = Walker and Mittelstadt

Byram has the higher ceiling, but Walker gives them more experience and another RD.
Mittelstadt is an upgrade over Johansen and adds even more fire power to a offensively talented team.

• Like 1

This is why finishing 1st in our division is a must and so important… 1st round of playoffs 3 maybe 4 powerhouses will be gone lol so reacting to what Edmonton does or Colorado does or Vegas is a moot point - great looks scary today but there is only 1 Conference champion and then 1 Stanley Cup and it’s already being etched Van………

Go Canucks :towel:

IMG_1970.jpeg

1 minute ago, Captain Hughes said:

I thought the deadline was Friday??

Teams must be wanting to get deals done before the deadline when desperation sinks in and end up paying steeper prices.