[PGT] Let's (not) do a Thing! - Canucks Have Faith in the Current Roster - TDL Friday, Mar 8 @ 12pm PT (or 12:30 if you're Pagnotta)

44 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Fixed it for you. LOL

JK...I thought they should add him to their coaching staff (as an on ice associate or something to that effect) so that he could 

be around the team to keep them loose and impart playoff wisdom to the young players.

It would be useful to pick his brain about the Vegas players tendencies, weaknesses, which buttons to push for certain players, and so on.

Garland would live rent free in Vegas's head if he knew what buttons to push. LOL

Awesome response!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2024 at 6:16 PM, Snoop Hogg said:

Not to mention Hronek.

Hronek will be back. Can't see how losing him would actually make the team more competitive, and they paid quite a price to get him, so they'll come to an agreement of some kind. 

I'm not convinced Zadorov comes back. He might be asking for way too much, because there's literally nothing from management, or on Zadorov's agent. 

I think Blueger will be back, and Joshua. If Joshua's not back, I can see the money going to Blueger and Zadorov. 

But maybe Allvin and Rutherford finds a way to get all three of them back. 

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, KesLord said:

Playoff Goals this year:

Lindholm - 1

Kuzmenko - 0

Lindholm’s best game yet. I thought he should have been the 2nd star of the game! Scores a goal, won 60% of his FO and the hard forcheck which led to the Dakota Joshua goal. Definitely a bunch of little things that don’t show up on the scoresheet! 

• Like 1

On 4/16/2024 at 10:47 PM, N4ZZY said:

Hronek will be back. Can't see how losing him would actually make the team more competitive, and they paid quite a price to get him, so they'll come to an agreement of some kind. 

I'm not convinced Zadorov comes back. He might be asking for way too much, because there's literally nothing from management, or on Zadorov's agent. 

I think Blueger will be back, and Joshua. If Joshua's not back, I can see the money going to Blueger and Zadorov. 

Hopefully they find a way! Just pull a Vegas and have some top players go on LTIR! Elias Pettersson got calf implants and will miss 75% of the season 😂 something like that!

3 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Lindholm’s best game yet. I thought he should have been the 2nd star of the game! Scores a goal, won 60% of his FO and the hard forcheck which led to the Dakota Joshua goal. Definitely a bunch of little things that don’t show up on the scoresheet! 

He was 3rd in hits last night behind only Joshua and Zadorov.  He plays playoff hockey. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, HKSR said:

He was 3rd in hits last night behind only Joshua and Zadorov.  He plays playoff hockey. 

Probably going to walk in the off-season, though. Don't know how management can resign these guys who are performing so well in the postseason so far. Does Lindholm, Joshua, and Zadorov all take discounts to remain in Canuck colours? 

On 4/23/2024 at 12:46 AM, N4ZZY said:

Probably going to walk in the off-season, though. Don't know how management can resign these guys who are performing so well in the postseason so far. Does Lindholm, Joshua, and Zadorov all take discounts to remain in Canuck colours? 

Shed Mik, Cole. And sign myers hronek to below ask. Honestly need to prioritize that size before skill this year. Imagine how small we would be

On 4/24/2024 at 9:32 AM, Rebelnuck said:

Shed Mik, Cole. And sign myers hronek to below ask. Honestly need to prioritize that size before skill this year. Imagine how small we would be

Cool. 
Word on the street is Hronek already turned down a very fair offer.  
How do you plan on making him sign a lowball?   

Also, Myers will easily get 4+ on the market.  
How will you get him to sign for well under that?   

Mik has YEARS left on a contract he has been unproductive on through. The whole thing.  
How will you unload him 

Fairytales are great and everything, but the only realist thing here is shedding Cole, and that’s just because he is a UFA

23 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Cool. 
Word on the street is Hronek already turned down a very fair offer.  
How do you plan on making him sign a lowball?   

Also, Myers will easily get 4+ on the market.  
How will you get him to sign for well under that?   

Mik has YEARS left on a contract he has been unproductive on through. The whole thing.  
How will you unload him 

Fairytales are great and everything, but the only realist thing here is shedding Cole, and that’s just because he is a UFA

Players that likely can't or wont be resigned due to cap issues - Cole, Blueger & Lafferty. especially if your trying to bring back priority players

such as Joshua, Zadorov, Hronek or Myers (in no particular order)     

That frees up $6,050,000 cap space...BUT your replacing them with Podz, Sasson (or Raty) and D-Petey/Brisbois or some LD like that in the system.

Unless you can go to free agency and find a decent LD on a cheap contract, it also move Zads into your 2nd pairing LD if you can resign him. 

Even if you replace the departing players with guys from Abby it likely only saves you around $3 million.  Some hard decisions ahead, 

Ideally trading Mik would be a huge help but you may have to attach a draft pick or prospect to accomplish that IMO 

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Players that likely can't or wont be resigned due to cap issues - Cole, Blueger & Lafferty. especially if your trying to bring back priority players

such as Joshua, Zadorov, Hronek or Myers (in no particular order)     

That frees up $6,050,000 cap space...BUT your replacing them with Podz, Sasson (or Raty) and D-Petey/Brisbois or some LD like that in the system.

Unless you can go to free agency and find a decent LD on a cheap contract, it also move Zads into your 2nd pairing LD if you can resign him. 

Even if you replace the departing players with guys from Abby it likely only saves you around $3 million.  Some hard decisions ahead, 

Ideally trading Mik would be a huge help but you may have to attach a draft pick or prospect to accomplish that IMO 

Did you mean to quote me?   
Your post doesn’t answer anything I asked Rebelnuck.   Lol

40 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Did you mean to quote me?   
Your post doesn’t answer anything I asked Rebelnuck.   Lol

My bad, meant to just post a thought. LOL

Wasn't meant to be a response to your post. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2024 at 10:47 PM, N4ZZY said:

I’ve been very disappointed with Hronek in the second half of the season and into the playoffs. I think it’s best we move him and prioritize re-signing Zadorov. Big physical defencemen who can skate are hard to come by. 

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I’ve been very disappointed with Hronek in the second half of the season and into the playoffs. I think it’s best we move him and prioritize re-signing Zadorov. Big physical defencemen who can skate are hard to come by. 

I agree

I think we're better of spending 9 million on Zadarov (5) / Myers (4) - who will also probably be shorter term contracts - than 8 million on Hronek long-term.

Zadarov - 5m x 4

Myers - 4m x 2

Joshua - 3m x 3

Total - 12 million per year, where this season these 3 guys make 10.6 million

Than

Lindholm - 7.75m x 6

FA D or Trade - 4-5m x ? (To replace Hronek)

Total - 11.75 to 12.75m per year, and this is in lieu of 14.15m that were spending on Lindholm, Hronek, Blueger and Lafferty

Now that would still leave a couple holes to fill such as replacement for Blueger, Lafferty and Cole but I think those would be easily fillable through internal promotions, smart FA signings and returns from Hronek

Overall what I'm trying to say is we can bring back all our key guys we have the cap if we decide to move Hronek

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 5/12/2024 at 11:12 PM, Conscience said:

Please trade Pete 

Trade Pettersson $11.6 mill for Tkachuk $8.2 mill  + Lindholm $7.5 mill = $15.7 mill. 

For $4 mill more you get Lindhom + Tkachuk over Pettersson 

Edited by WHL rocks

3 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Trade Pettersson $11.6 mill for Tkachuk $8.2 mill  + Lindholm $7.5 mill = $15.7 mill. 

For $4 mill more you get Lindhom + Tkachuk over Pettersson 

Trade out Mik ($4.75M) and you got that cap space that you need.