[PGT] Canucks vs Quacks ... Huge Game

6 hours ago, Dom said:

Imagine if we lost to the Blue Jackets right now? Good lord the forum would explode lol

The Avs played their backup goalie, outshot Columbus 46-21 (yes score effects etc), and their star forward had 9 shots on goal. Pretty sure the only explosion on the forum would be about Pettersson's season-high shot total lol

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, spook007 said:

If you had to bet on one poster to have a moan about Pettersson after any given game, would you bet on:

43isprime?

43isprime?

43isprime?

That would be the Pettersson whose stats are 33-51-84.... Imagine a lousy player having these stats... 🙄

You're forgetting the "he's a back-to-back 100-pt center" thing, or are we not doing that anymore?

The thing that stands out about 33-51-84 is it puts him 43 pts behind the guy who will be making only 1 million more than him for the next 7 years.

But fair enough, I'll stop complaining and sign off, but please bear in mind that the standard Pettersson should be held to ought to be in line with the money that he demanded.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

You're forgetting the "he's a back-to-back 100-pt center" thing, or are we not doing that anymore?

The thing that stands out about 33-51-84 is it puts him 43 pts behind the guy who will be making only 1 million more than him for the next 7 years.

But fair enough, I'll stop complaining and sign off, but please bear in mind that the standard Pettersson should be held to ought to be in line with the money that he demanded.

Yeah that's one way of looking at it...

Another way would be, that the club decides how much they'll pay any given player, on any given contract. They obviously believe a player, who is NOT even yet in his prime and still has a 100point season and are going to be in 100 ponits club several times in his career is worth the kind of money offered. 

One thing I do know is, moaning and bitching about him at every opportunity won't change the size of his contract one bit...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 43isprime said:

lol.  You've already become the poster boy on what I predicted was going to happen the moment the ink dried in his contract, and if it started with an 11 and not a ten.   You're right, he's put himself into the pay scale where 100 points is an expectation.   And got forbid if he doesn't do that, the whining on this site will become pretty loud.   What if, instead he scores more like Tavares?    Damn this is going to become a salty site.    Still games left.  

EPs only 25, by the time he's 29-30, his year to year cap percentage will look a lot like the Sedins did in 2011.   And he's already produced a crap ton more than they did by 25.   Doubt he's had his best season(s) already. 

He deserved to get  around exactly what he was given.   It was fair, we don't live in a no / low state universe.    Cap is going up.   Just like McDavid's looks a lot better now then when he first signed even with covid.   What do you think Draisatl is going to get next contract.   And do you think EDM can fit him into their plans?

Or McDavid not that soon after?   It won't take long before PPG guys will get 10-11 on long term deals as UFAs (guys who did it once or twice leading up to free agency).   Wait until Brock's contract is up ... does this again, some team will offer him the Skinner special.   And we will moan and bitch if that's us, or if it's another team. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

• -AJ- unfeatured and unpinned this topic
14 hours ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

Absolutely it is about the individual fan, not the team per se.  Its still a real experience though. It ultimately makes as much sense as when people compare teams' head to head stats over an extended period.  How the Canucks did against Toronto over the last 25 years is irrelevant to how they match up now, for example. 

Oh man, I hate those long-term “stats” Team X hasn’t beaten Team Y in 15 years. Who cares none of the players on those current teams were even in the league back then when that timespan began.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 43isprime said:

The Avs played their backup goalie, outshot Columbus 46-21 (yes score effects etc), and their star forward had 9 shots on goal. Pretty sure the only explosion on the forum would be about Pettersson's season-high shot total lol

We've played with our backup goalie for awhile now, yet you still complain.... LOL

4 hours ago, Dom said:

We've played with our backup goalie for awhile now, yet you still complain.... LOL

I complain when we lose with Desmith playing while our team outshot the opposition 46-25 and Pettersson had 9 shots on goal?

4 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

I complain when we lose with Desmith playing while our team outshot the opposition 46-25 and Pettersson had 9 shots on goal?

I wouldn't put it past you. 

12 hours ago, spook007 said:

Yeah that's one way of looking at it...

Another way would be, that the club decides how much they'll pay any given player, on any given contract. They obviously believe a player, who is NOT even yet in his prime and still has a 100point season and are going to be in 100 ponits club several times in his career is worth the kind of money offered. 

One thing I do know is, moaning and bitching about him at every opportunity won't change the size of his contract one bit...

I see it's now turned into "he will hit 100 points multiple times" after half a season of claiming "he is a back-to-back 100-pt center"

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Dom said:

I wouldn't put it past you. 

You said "yet you still complain", which I understand to mean I have complained about such a scenario. Example please where I've complained about a loss in which we started our backup, outshout our opposition 46-25, and Pettersson had 9 shots on goal?

13 hours ago, 43isprime said:

Yet they went 0-4 on the pp, two of those pp's being in the 3rd period.

Nate was -1 and yeah...shots mean nothing according to when our team outshoots teams but still manages to lose.

No excuses, remember.

5 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Yet they went 0-4 on the pp, two of those pp's being in the 3rd period.

Nate was -1 and yeah...shots mean nothing according to when our team outshoots teams but still manage to lose.

No excuses, remember.

Generating lots of shots (and many more than your opponent) is usually a sign you outplayed them. Your star player getting 9 shots on goal is usually an indication that he's engaged and playing well. If the team still loses, then so be it. I certainly wouldn't complain if that scenario happened to the Canucks. 

Anyway, I'm going to sign off for a while. Cheers all.

28 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

I see it's now turned into "he will hit 100 points multiple times" after half a season of claiming "he is a back-to-back 100-pt center"

And I now see you pick and choose in my response...

Although its not impossible, he is now unlikely to hit 100 points this season... But he is only 25 years old, so yes, baring injuries, he will hit 100points multiple times

Fun fact, our president (who has won 3 SCs) and GM thinks EP is good enough to give a $11.6M contract, and that is good enough for me...

And this conversation is starting to get as boring as the moaning about his contract... 

56 minutes ago, 43isprime said:

Nope, you likely keep very quiet....

Edited by spook007

On 4/1/2024 at 1:58 PM, Pears said:

Imagine being this blatantly obtuse when we by far have the best record against top 10 teams at 15-5-3 or a .717 win percentage. 

Team is looking pretty obtuse right now...