[First Round] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Vegas Golden Knights (WC2)

Who will win the series?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

58 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Literally the guys VGK traded for because of Stone on LTIR contributed for that 3rd goal.  Hertl from Hanifin.

Dallas scored tho, so 3-2.  Only hope is VGK's crappy goaltending continues.

I was thinking the same thing.  Cheating scumbags.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

WTF, I've never seen a player from the opp being interviewed in front of a home crowd during the int. lol...

Looking at the NHL tweet on Stone . I guess the league is going to try to push the narrative how this is Stone's courageous and triumphant return from injury.

Edited by iinatcc
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Looking at the NHL tweet on Stone . I guess the league is going to try to push the narrative how this is Stone's courageous and triumphant return from injury.

Makes sense, Try and make the obvious...Less obvious. Pathetic.

58 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Just think of the poor poor long suffering Vegas Golden Knights fan like this one.

God, I can't believe the NHL put this out.  A slap in the face of any hockey fan of a Canadian team.  Ridiculous.

Seriously, I don't swear ever on this board, but that commercial is just plain fucking tone def.

Edited by Wilbur
  • ThereItIs 1

37 minutes ago, HKSR said:

VGK win.

Stone with a goal

Hertl with a goal

Hanifin with 2 assists

Good to see the TDL and LTIR is working in their favour.  

Well if NHL is ok with this I hope someday Vancouver can abuse the poop of of this loophole and win the Cup as a result 

• Like 1

Vegas played the game perfectly, to be fair they did have a lot of injured players all year long but still find a way to limp into the playoffs and go figure all the stars align for them. I wonder what their cap hit is right now? Massive game by Stone who didn't even really look that sharp, Hertl was huge and Hanifin with a big game too. They basically went out and acquired two star players somehow, then add Stone back too. This is essentially two division-leading teams playing against each other. Surprised to see Dallas get dominated so easily, they made it close later but boy did they get played with at the start.

Season series mean a lot though so it'll be interesting to see how this goes. Surprised to see the Dallas D and goalie get so easily beaten but they were some great plays by Vegas. Not as hard-hitting it seemed as the Canucks game so expect a lot more of that later on.

I know we beat Vegas through the regular season but really wouldn't want to play them with a healthy Hertl and Stone.

59 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Vegas played the game perfectly, to be fair they did have a lot of injured players all year long but still find a way to limp into the playoffs and go figure all the stars align for them. I wonder what their cap hit is right now?

Of course there are no cap hits in the playoffs

But based on the regular season AAVs their 27-man roster is now at $94.3m

And their 20 players on the ice today totaled $85.1m

This whole Stone fiasco is pretty blatant. Like NHL would have be pretty gullible for somehow believe Stone was cleared to play on the day of game 1.

I know Vancouver has some this in the past but it does seem that since Vegas doing it 2 years in a row and Tampa a few times before it, Alvin might as well come up with a strategy exploit this loophole every year. I mean when in Rome right ?