[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predaturds [GAME 4] - Sunday April 28 / 2pm pst 5pm et / Bridgestone Arena / Canucks lead series 2-1

Nashville is probably going to be desperate like were in game 2 as they will be on the verge down 3-1 and the only game they have won is when they played that super desperate style. I do feel good about the fact that the Canucks at least partially mitigated their problems getting offence going by getting traffic to the net and screening the goalie which should make them able to handle that Nashville sheer desperation a little better. 

I feel like this going to be very similar to game 2 but hopefully with a better result. 

2 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Seriously I'd be happy with a rerun of game 3

Playoffs are about winning, not about looking good

If we were to progress to the next round would anyone care how we got there?

Not at all, exactly how you said it. People don't care how you win at this time of year, as long as you do actually win   

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

I just had a thought...... could Rutherford's big picture plan be : Petey gets "injured" in late January, then makes his return on the first game of the playoffs fully healthy. Thus allowing the team to add up to $11 mill in players at the deadline. 

• ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, Rip The Mesh said:

well you know how must of us feel about this; Get him in there !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Secret weapon?

I hope if he does get in he comes out like he was shot out of a cannon!

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, CaribouCanuck said:

Nashville is probably going to be desperate like were in game 2 as they will be on the verge down 3-1 and the only game they have won is when they played that super desperate style. I do feel good about the fact that the Canucks at least partially mitigated their problems getting offence going by getting traffic to the net and screening the goalie which should make them able to handle that Nashville sheer desperation a little better. 

I feel like this going to be very similar to game 2 but hopefully with a better result. 

Nashville scored first and then scored against the flow of the play in game 2.  Canucks were dominating, but couldn't score.  Canucks can beat them both ways, clearly the better team.  That said, the better team doesn't always win in the NHL.    

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

I feel like they(Preds) have a lot of pressure on them this game. At home after a loss...they'll come out hard but hopefully wear down again. Then we strike.

Would be SO fantastic to come back with 2 road wins in our pocket. Just play smart and beat 'em at their own game. 106 shot blocks coming up.

This or Preds score first and Canucks have to turn it on and dominate puck possession and run them out of their own building.  Preds can't skate with our team when the Canucks move the puck around fast.  

• Like 1

Former Vancouver Canucks defenceman and Hockey Night in Canada analyst Kevin Bieksa shared an intriguing story from his playing days during last night’s game between the Canucks and the Nashville Predators at Bridgestone Arena. As the Canucks faced off against the Predators in Game 3, Bieksa found himself in familiar territory, remembering an incident from the past.
Back in 2011, during the Western Conference semifinal series between the Canucks and Predators, Bieksa experienced firsthand the Predators’ attempts to make life just a bit more difficult for their opponents off the ice. One tactic involved blocking off the closest hallway to the Canucks’ dressing room, forcing them to take a longer route. Not one to back down from a challenge, Bieksa decided to respond in a similar way. 

Taking matters into his own hands, Bieksa orchestrated a retaliatory move by blocking off the Predators’ usual walkway to their dressing room, mirroring the tactic employed against his team. However, there was one exception: a Predators staff member known as Partner, who was allowed access to the restricted hallway.

Reflecting on the incident, Bieksa explained the rationale behind allowing Partner exclusive access, stating, “Partner is the gentleman who works for the Preds and we always try to get him on our side as he does the laundry.”
Amidst the playful banter, Bieksa revealed another amusing detail about the encounter. When asked if someone had alerted then-Predators head coach Barry Trotz about the situation, Bieksa said, “Somebody tipped off Barry. He came walking down when I was putting the tape across and he was like, ‘What are you doing?’ And I go, ‘Fair is fair. Barry.'”

As Bieksa reminisced about the incident, it raised questions about whether similar tactics are still in play during the current matchup between the Canucks and the Predators in 2024. If it is the case as a playful nod to past rivalries or a genuine attempt to gain a competitive edge, it’s stories like these that add a little more entertainment to playoff hockey.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

Back when my kids were little, I would leave my hockey bag open in the room where I watched the games. Kids called it "the stinky room" and wouldn't go near it.......

Worked for hiding Christmas presents too....

Ideally they just sit and watch with me but my son is 3 so he basically just sits in my head 

44 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Amen. Do whatever it takes to win

46 minutes ago, Taphouse Canuck said:

Agree it's all about the win, but the wins are extremely limited when getting sub 20 shots on net and sub 3 goals 

Like what are the averages for shots/goals this series? I guarantee it's not good. Yeah it's the team we're playing but it's not a winning recipe man.