[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Nashville Predators | May 3rd, 4:00PM PT | Round 1, Game 6 (Canucks lead series 3-2)

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Season 2 Shut Up GIF by The Lonely Island

Only thing tighter than @PhillipBlunt wallet are the quarters he pinches ... the Caribou scream when he grips them.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Why is he so hesitant to make any change/adjustments? Did something happy to him and Petey at the ASG. Cuz both their mojo disappeared at the same time

Fear of making an adjustment and we lose badly?  Right now if it stays status quo, the games are all close.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

The fact we are fighting to just get shots on goal, let alone scoring goals is not good.  Not sure how we expect to win with such low shot totals game after game.  

Anybody know if Tocchet's ARZ team was like this when they made the playoffs?

I think the low shot are more on how well Nashville is playing defensively than whatever we are doing. 

Edited by 24K

3 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Why is he so hesitant to make any change/adjustments? Did something happy to him and Petey at the ASG. Cuz both their mojo disappeared at the same time

These are highly paid athletes - Tocchet is leading them to the water - but he can't make them drink.

Just now, 24K said:

I think the low shot are more on how well Nashville is playing defensively than whatever we are doing. 

I think it's both.  Can't see the Avs or Oilers or Stars or VGK with such low shots on net.

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

The fact we are fighting to just get shots on goal, let alone scoring goals is not good.  Not sure how we expect to win with such low shot totals game after game.  

Anybody know if Tocchet's ARZ team was like this when they made the playoffs?

According to my calculations the preds are having the same problem. 

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

Absolutely

As much as I value DeSmith and all he's done for us this season and in playoffs (actually think he's been just as good as Silovs), I think it makes sense to trade him and his contract for more forward depth and cap space and let Silovs run with the BUG role

I hope Silovs is the backup from here to next years playoffs now.

I believe DeSmithbis out of his contract after the playoffs and I don't see a reason to bring him back when Silovs has more upside, longer runway and will eventually be an NHL starter. Run with Demko Silovs next year and enjoy the battery.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Dats hockey said:

Demko literally was about to win the Vezina

I’m all about Demko, but unfortunately it feel like Hellebyuk will take it.

1 minute ago, jesscode said:

Remember when @stawns voiced all those concerns about these exact things 3 weeks ago?

I member. 

Clear stawns burner account checks out