[PGT] Canucks at [Expletive deleted] - Round 1 - Game 6

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Not to mention we got Saros at his absolute best.

A series that also featured two Norris finalists and two Jack Adams finalists. Wonder when the last time that happened was.

This whole post! 

Huge win tonight. We battled but it could've gone the other way! Feeling awesome watching that with my sons, holy crap! What a great game! //Series. Both huge awards going toe to toe, jack Adams, Noris, it's crazy very even series 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Wet blanket Oilers wankers are on it from the hop ... Lol ... trying, again ... 

OMG! Lol

Going to be putting some on ignore for this series 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Going to be putting some on ignore for this series 

2 minutes ago, rychicken said:

Ignore is a wonderful thing 

I don't put ppl on ignore because it's amusing to read some of our "so called fans" that have no faith in this team yet are huge fan boys of other teams. It was Preds last round and this time, McDavid and the Oilers lol. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1
  • MillerTime 1

45 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Lol ... all the reasons why the Oilers will beat us.

How about the reasons why we made it to the second round and why people were wrong. That would be a great essay!

The Canucks have been honing their defensive game for the past few months.  They've clearly learned how to play the 1-0 and 2-1 grind it out games.  It's gonna have to be how we play if we want to beat the Oilers.  I also suspect the Oilers are nowhere near as physically punishing as Nashville.  That should help as well.  It should be a fun series to watch.  Miller and Lindholm are gonna relish the opportunity to shutdown mcdavid and draisatl too.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I am as happy as any diehard Nuck fan that we FUCKING WON, but I cannot gloat about it. Nashville deserves serious credit for how they played and how they were coached. This was a tight of a series as it gets for a 6 gamer.

Pretty sure they studied the tape of LA Kings against us and tried to clog it up. 

Posted (edited)

Just rewatching the game:

Garland got crosschecked by Josi at the end of the 2nd period the exact same way as that Lindholm hit got called a penalty in the last minute of the game.

NB after watching that last minute penalty called on Lindholm.  Garland's cross check was way worse. That late penalty Nashville guy sold the hit and embellished a bit. I thought he was going to rub his face on the ice.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Sad 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 2

3 hours ago, Grinch said:

Oilers stomped LA 

LA stomped nucks 

got our work cut out 

Paper covers rock

rock crushes scissors

scissors cuts paper 😎

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I am as happy as any diehard Nuck fan that we FUCKING WON, but I cannot gloat about it. Nashville deserves serious credit for how they played and how they were coached. This was a tight of a series as it gets for a 6 gamer.

Agree, it was literally down to the wire. Late 3rd period goal, held it off in the last 30 seconds short handed. My heart was beeping outta my chest!! 

3 hours ago, Captain Kirk said:

Hrudy just ate a Doodie

Iiiiiiiit's Hrudy Doodie time,

It's Hrudy Doodie time,

Jen, Luke and Juice too,

Say howdy doo to you

7 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Just rewatching the game:

Garland got crosschecked by Josi at the end of the 2nd period the exact same way as that Lindholm hit got called a penalty in the last minute of the game.

Yeah exactly, inconsistency is the issue everyone has! 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

The Canucks have been honing their defensive game for the past few months.  They've clearly learned how to play the 1-0 and 2-1 grind it out games.  It's gonna have to be how we play if we want to beat the Oilers.  I also suspect the Oilers are nowhere near as physically punishing as Nashville.  That should help as well.  It should be a fun series to watch.  Miller and Lindholm are gonna relish the opportunity to shutdown mcdavid and draisatl too.

It's really interesting to see. I won't be surprised if we play more like the Preds in this series. We can also adapt and play a more offensive oriented game if we have to like tonight. Both teams were desperate and getting shots off. 

We're deep defensively and in net. We're dangerous offensively too. Tocchet needs to get that going. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JamesB said:

Wow. An exciting nail-biting win. Only one goal but lots of things going on. 

1. The obvious headline is Silovs. He played a great game to record a shutout with 28 saves and Nashville had a lot of high danger chances. Silovs was great at the IIHF world championships last year and it looks like he has recaptured that magic. The "young goalie gets hot in the playoffs" is a theme that has happened quite a lot in the NHL and it looks like it is happening here.  Saros also played a great game. I am glad the Canucks do not have to face him again. 

2. Nice to see Suter get the game-winning goal. He had a bunch of great chances and played a very good game (as did Miller and Boeser). He was due for a goal to actually go in. 

3. The weird thing is that Miller was on the bench for Suter's goal as he had a long shift just before so Petey took his place. Petey did not have a great night (as the "panel" discussed in the second intermission) but he made an excellent play on the goal. He also played good defensive hockey all night and almost got a shorthanded goal. I think the panel was actually kind of hard on him. I expect him to be good against Edmonton.

4. The D was very good as a group. Hughes only played 22 minutes as he obviously continues to struggle with one or more nagging injuries, but Z. took up a lot of the slack. He is really playing well -- better than in the regular season. 

5. It was a close, hard-nosed, well-played game that could have gone either way. The Canucks had a slight edge in the underlying stats in 5-on-5 play but the overall scoring chance and expected goals numbers slightly favored Nashville due to the powerplays Nashville had. Normally I do not complain about penalties, but I did not like the high-sticking call on Boeser, who had his stick in air as a follow-through (which is allowed) and Lauzon skated into Boeser and his stick. But the Canucks did a great job of killing off the 4 minute penalty. 

6. The Edmonton series will be very different. It looks like the Canucks will not get a lot of time off, which is too bad. They could really use some time to rest and recover from minor injuries. 

Here's hoping that the series against Edmonton goes just like the first game of the season. 🫠

only the first game of the season?? we won every game against them: 

canucks oilers.jpg

• Cheers 1