[Second Round] Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Canucks in 7
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

17 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Very much. It's generally a public domain so it can get out of hand. I admit to shit talking Oiler fanes already, but I didn't start it. 😇

I know, I'm just being goofy. 

I can't wait for the usual suspects to get upset about "the Canucks fanbase" both in here and out in the media. Canucks fans being "bad" is a standard trope now, trotted out every time the online media needs an easy narrative. 

• Cheers 1

Mayor No Fun is lame. Says the city of Vancouver is considering an outdoor viewing for the Canucks playoffs, expected to possibly make an announcement in the coming week. It's already Round 2 and the Canucks could be knocked out next week (hopefully not, but a possibility anyway). The city should've been planning this for months, we all knew the Canucks would be in the playoffs. 

Good on the other municipalities (Delta, New West, Surrey etc) getting involved and wanting to celebrate their team.

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I know, I'm just being goofy. 

I can't wait for the usual suspects to get upset about "the Canucks fanbase" both in here and out in the media. Canucks fans being "bad" is a standard trope now, trotted out every time the online media needs an easy narrative. 

Yea, Calgary sports radio spends more time talking about angry Canuck fans than they do talking about the Wranglers AHL playoffs.

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Mayor No Fun is lame. Says the city of Vancouver is considering an outdoor viewing for the Canucks playoffs, expected to possibly make an announcement in the coming week. It's already Round 2 and the Canucks could be knocked out next week (hopefully not, but a possibility anyway). The city should've been planning this for months, we all knew the Canucks would be in the playoffs. 

Good on the other municipalities (Delta, New West, Surrey etc) getting involved and wanting to celebrate their team.

well in his defense ... 1994 and 2011

• Vintage 1

Edmonton Journal says they’ve been listening to Vancouver sports radio and they really like and respect the analysis by one certain journalist here.  Can anyone guess which guy this is?  Thomas Drance of course.  That shows how much Edmonton journalists know hockey 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rindiculous said:

Edmonton Journal says they’ve been listening to Vancouver sports radio and they really like and respect the analysis by one certain journalist here.  Can anyone guess which guy this is?  Thomas Drance of course.  That shows how much Edmonton journalists know hockey 🤣

I bet they’d love the Sekeres & Price podcast even more.

• ThereItIs 1

37 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

And no London Drugs stores! 😋; Actually, I think they've been on strike ayway.

30 minutes ago, bh90 said:

well in his defense ... 1994 and 2011

I doubt any idiot has the nads to try anything dumb after all the arrests and faces plastered all over the internet, papers and news. Especially with so much technology around and virtually everyone having a camera in their pocket.

I would love an outdoor viewing party.. It was a blast in 2011.

The police slogan should be :

'Have Fun but you will go to jail if you do something Dumb'

19 minutes ago, Rindiculous said:

To be fair, they have to compare them to their Mark Spector.🤣  It ain't a high bar to beat.

To quote Jim Cornette:  "That's like saying he's the nicest guy in prison"

12 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

I doubt any idiot has the nads to try anything dumb after all the arrests and faces plastered all over the internet, papers and news. Especially with so much technology around and virtually everyone having a camera in their pocket.

I would love an outdoor viewing party.. It was a blast in 2011.

The police slogan should be :

'Have Fun but you will go to jail if you do something Dumb'

except in 2024 it's highly likely you WON'T go to jail because all the bail reform laws and defund the police crap that have been passed across Canada and the US. and i'm not making this statement lightly, i experience first hand how criminals continue to re-offend on a weekly basis but kept get letting out.

look at all the protests across the US - looters emerge and all the technology out there is not stopping them.

That's the fear of a gathering in Vancouver, not a "riot" but looters taking advantage just like they did in 2011 and it was estimated that millions of dollars worth of goods were stolen and millions of dollars worth of property damage to the retail stores.

22 hours ago, HarbularyBattery said:

Lindholm and Hoglander can both attack with speed too

we are definitely not one of the slowest teams in the league, nowhere close

yes the oilers will be a tough matchup but they are still a very very beatable team. they did great against bottom feeders but weren't dominant against playoff teams down their "best" stretch. They were 9-8 against playoff teams since January 1st, and worse than that before the new year. 

they had a very hard schedule early in the year, and a very easy schedule towards the end. sort of the opposite of our schedule. 

the x factor is going to be our goaltending. can silovs stand on his head until demko gets back? if so, id say we have a more than 50% chance of beating them

19 hours ago, IBatch said:

Good grief.   One of the slowest teams in the league? Lost me there.   We have  a mobile and big defense.   NSH would have taken EDM to six and half of them would be limping right now.   We won't have the same issues against EDM.   As long as we don't end up in the box a lot. 

16 hours ago, Rick_theRyper said:

This not true at all. They have Joshua Blueger Hoglander Lafferty PDG and Mik too was finding his legs. All capable of getting to the puck and body quickly. There's literally someone at least one play on every line that can pressure the puck. The fact you didn't mention Hoggy means you trolling or just don't pay attention at all. 

image.thumb.png.e8f5471901dbf723f250174d01fe70eb.png

Man you should check your facts before you open your homer mouths...

So Bad

• Wiener 1

16 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

To be fair, they have to compare them to their Mark Spector.🤣  It ain't a high bar to beat.

To quote Jim Cornette:  "That's like saying he's the nicest guy in prison"

Oh man, I love Cornette. I forgot he’s got a couple of weekly podcasts. Gonna go back and listen. I miss the parody songs. 

“Wednesday nights I get to stay up late”

Those who’ve heard it know where that goes and how funny it is.

Thanks for the reminder!

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, theochar said:

That is so fuckin west coast 😂😂😂

God damn hipsters

This is filmed in N.Y, based on fire escape stairs and cobblestone street, I would say Soho.

2 minutes ago, PeteyBOI said:

So Bad

how do any of your stats support your arguement?

so because the fastest record skating speed on the canucks was 23.36 and the league average is 23.60 that makes the team slow? How is that stat representative of team speed? it's a stat that compares each teams fastest skater.

and speed bursts over 20 mph also doesn't represent if the team is slow. it's a reflection of how they play. I bet you the teams at the top of that list are teams that play run & gun style, and the teams that are at the bottom are structured, zone teams.... Canucks do not run & gun. Boston, Florida and Dallas are also below 50th percentile but I guess that doesn't make them contenders. 

Canucks can skate. They're defense is argueably the most mobile defense in the NHL and lastly don't forget that team speed is atributed to how quickly and well you can move the puck. No player is as fast as the puck.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 3

20 minutes ago, PeteyBOI said:

So Bad

the only one of these stats thats even remotely relevant is the first one, and being basically league average is not the same as being one of the slowest in the league

these stats can also be attributed to style of play/system over raw footspeed. A more honest stat to reflect footspeed would be how many times we get burned on odd man rushes/how many times our guys are unable to get back in the play. We're far better in that department than many other teams. 

image.png.fe01bc88e001ac3c99853bca5bbf168e.png