[Second Round] Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Canucks in 7
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

On 5/5/2024 at 11:56 AM, Elias Pettersson said:

Miller right now is better than Draisaitl.  He's almost statistically the same as Draisaitl during the season while being miles ahead of him defensively and physically...

I’m with you. Was trying to not be a complete homer. Statistics aside millers playing like a monster 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Strawbone said:

Wooooooohooooooo! Feeling good!

Oh yessssss must be magic... what an emotional roller coaster...

So happy just now, and so happy for you all that went to the game. 

This is a game they'll talk about for year to come. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

What a great breakdown 

@Captkirk888 this is the guy you said was a McDavid worshipper - he's just a top-tier hockey analyst and you'll never see breakdowns like this on TV

Well first, I am surprised that you remember that I said that because I don’t remember. If I did i take it back as I have watched several of his videos and have enjoyed them, cheers.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

NHL is a joke… Mcbaby high sticks and cuts Hughes and he gets nothing… Petey gets crushed into the boards head first Kane gets nothing…  Mcbaby gets touched and wham we get a fine and a hearing… It was Mcbaby who started it slashing Soucy cuz he is a sore loser to begin with…

This league is a fucking joke…

Double standards… Inconsistency… Total bullshit

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

NHL is a joke… Mcbaby high sticks and cuts Hughes and he gets nothing… Petey gets crushed into the boards head first Kane gets nothing…  Mcbaby gets touched and wham we get a fine and a hearing… It was Mcbaby who started it slashing Soucy cuz he is a sore loser to begin with…

This league is a fucking joke…

Double standards… Inconsistency… Total bullshit

Kane and Nurse should have heard from the league too (both clear intent to injure), but both Zad and Soucy deserved something here too. I'm fine with the $5000 to Zad. Soucy should get $5000 or a game. Anything more is uncalled for. It was after the whistle and had a potential to injure though not intentional (thus 1 vs 2+ games).

1 hour ago, BC_Hawk said:

Kane and Nurse should have heard from the league too (both clear intent to injure), but both Zad and Soucy deserved something here too. I'm fine with the $5000 to Zad. Soucy should get $5000 or a game. Anything more is uncalled for. It was after the whistle and had a potential to injure though not intentional (thus 1 vs 2+ games).

Soucy shouldn't get anything. Zad getting a fine makes sense, that was a nasty cross-check. Soucy's cross-check is only bad because of Zad's. If McWhiny wasn't knocked over already, Soucy would have hit him in the chest, and likely not violently.

Soucy's cross-check cancels out McD's slash. Fine them both, or neither.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Kragar said:

Soucy shouldn't get anything. Zad getting a fine makes sense, that was a nasty cross-check. Soucy's cross-check is only bad because of Zad's. If McWhiny wasn't knocked over already, Soucy would have hit him in the chest, and likely not violently.

Soucy's cross-check cancels out McD's slash. Fine them both, or neither.

....aaaand, Soucy gets 1 game.

🙄

53 minutes ago, lionized27 said:

....aaaand, Soucy gets 1 game.

🙄

Can't say I'm surprised. Effing DOPeS bias.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/40140587/nhl-suspends-canucks-carson-soucy-shot-connor-mcdavid

"The play happens well after the play has ended, and it is not a hockey play,"

And how is the slash different? Dumbasses.

Sure be nice to see Donkey crush McD tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

I posted this question in the closed PGT, so , one more time

I would really appreciate it if someone could post an updated list of predictions by hockey gurus, insiders, etc. Where everybody picked up Coilers over Canucks in 4, 5,6 games

Thank you in advance 

fuckmessier.thumb.png.c07b30355498d7a28a3d91008a504771.png

• Cheers 1