[Second Round] Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs. Edmonton Oilers (P2)

Who will win the series?  

330 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Canucks in 7
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 4
    • Oilers in 4
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7

42 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Yep! And all 4 games in convincing fashion...Also , After the first 3 games we've also added Lindholm , Big Z and the secret weapon Silovs . So if they want to keep saying that they are a different team now, Well then we are differenter .

They’re a good team over there. 

Preds fans were rather rational compared to reading the comments from the Oilers faithful.   They think they will walk to the cup.  

Whoever wins this series…each team losing team needs to retool. 

Both are on the cusp. Just need a couple pieces to put them over the top. 

Hard to tell who will go through first, and who will retool better. 

Just throwing it out there. 

1 minute ago, Screw said:

Preds fans were rather rational compared to reading the comments from the Oilers faithful.   They think they will walk to the cup.  

It’s two rabid fan bases. 

We want this. 

We know the comments each way are going to be hysterical and hyperbolic. 

Thank Allah we as a fanbase get to be in this position with another Canadian market fanbase. 

This is the best kinda hockey! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

@Ribs Can we get a Canucks Flag emoji please for the playoffs? 

I second that one. Hah. I just asked for that in the feedback section 6 hours ago. I copy paste it from the old site when I'm motivated enough. 

:canucks::canucks::canucks: Go Nucks Go :canucks::canucks::canucks:

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)

We really need to re-think our home ice. I remember it being a home ice dis-advantage before. I remember it being harder to play in front of your hometown? Where and why that was or what series it was, I don't remember. Our support is there, but maybe it's like skating in front of strict parents that know the game very well. 'In-game' distractions seem to be exacerbated maybe? A bad call, a bad goal? Frustration levels increase 10 fold or something? 

I think if we find a chant that helps us all relax, like We Will We Will Rock You. Just steady. Steadifying everyone in the stadium. 

Either way the boys can't over react when something goes wrong, well because Bettman or whatever. This is where Tocchet and our coaches come in. Imo

Edited by Hairy Kneel

4 hours ago, tas said:

hate to rain on your parade, deb, but our boys will have this wrapped up by then. 😉

Oh I sure hope so. 

Then I'll pay double and go in the third round.

• Cheers 1

We need to respect our opponents figuratively because they are a good offence team. However, literally speaking I’m not scared of the Oilers. I know they heated up later in the season but we still beat them 4-0 in the season series. It might take us 7 games but I see the Canucks coming out on top.

• Upvote 1
  • MillerTime 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

It's like these guys just discovered the art of flipping the bird, going crazy with it 😂 

The first time I saw it was in grade 3, in an ESL class in Vancouver.  A Polish classmate gestured it to me, then tells me "You don't know what it means."

Of course, now I am married to a woman with part Polish ancestry. 

Edited by Jaimito

1 hour ago, Screw said:

Preds fans know they got into a postseason they had no business of getting into.  Nobody, including the fans, expected that kind of turnaround following the break.  Maybe the players will get to go see U2 now.

On the flip side, the expectations of Edmonton fans are at an all-time high.  They know their window starts to tighten up after one more full season.  

4 hours ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

I mentioned in another reply. Edmonton actually had a better GA stat that Nashville, so why are folks saying Nashville is better defensively than Edmonton. 

Yes I agree we need to stay out of the penality box with Edmonton. On other hand, we need to up our own PP while continuing to do well on our PK.

Because Nasville has actual NHL blueliners while Edmonton has Ekholm, an ECHLer, a PWHLer, and 3 AHLers.  Nashville also doesn't have a captain with a history of throwing tantrums when he's asked to backcheck.

• Like 1