Canucks Playoff Run - Alternate Good Vibes Only Thread

I think we are in for a good stretch here. A good management team that seems to know what direction they want to go. A very good coaching team with some dedicated former players that were Canucks through and through. Farm team right in the big teams back yard. I can just imagine what is going through the Abby players minds as they see first hand and up close how crazy supportive local fans are. Filling a stadium to watch their team on a big screen, that's just awesome. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

1f1ew8f9yduy.jpg

I'm actually just gonna use this thread to help rebuild my Ignore list as I optimistically cleared it at the beginning of the playoffs to give peace a chance lol

Edited by Steamer4GM
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Steamer4GM said:

1f1ew8f9yduy.jpg

I'm actually just gonna use this thread to help rebuild my Ignore list as I optimistically cleared it at the beginning of the playoffs to give peace a chance lol

Testing 

• Wiener 1

Posted (edited)

I've been called stupid, a Homer, delusional.

I honestly think we are gonna walk the Oilers.

We have shown so much perseverance, our team is much more well coached.

Our 3rd stringer is better than skinner.

I mean the only thing they have is there power play, but our penalty kill has been awesome and I think we will crush them at 5 on 5.

Edited by Breadnbutta
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Steamer4GM4Mod!

Thank you.

Finally a thread for real Canucks fans.

Those barred from this thread are like chewed gum stuck to the bottom of your shoe.

f5c6240f-4a90-4073-9689-cbad177fb5a1_tex200w.gif?cid=6c09b952g7voxl4htqzls2s2z6zBonus Game: Name Your Least Favorite TROLL; I'll start: AV.

Not only are we Winning In The Playoffs, the Center of the Universe has been swallowed whole, swirling down into the Black Hole of Broken Expectations Raised by Its Own Media, like So Many Little Turds Rushing Down the Toilet!  Look at Little Ronnie Go!

Which reminds me, The Coil is Up Next.  Should be fun watching them trying to Win In The Playoffs with Piss Poor Goaltending.

VirtanenMcDavid.gif?ssl=1

GO CANUCKS GO!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

From JR and PA through the AGMs, coaches, staff et cetera, this management team knows what to do, learns fast, and makes constant improvements.

I have faith that they will solve McDavid & Draisaitl and lead the team to decisive victory.

Oilers were built by picking up low character players unwanted by most good teams, e.g. Kane, Perry, etc, to fill out a roster after spending bank on McD&D, Nurse, etc.

They have not been able to put a playoff-caliber goalie tandem, in fact none of their goalies have performed as well as any of ours.

They cannot physically dominate us now that Big Z & Company are back there towering over them.

I am really looking forward to watching Connie get frustrated to the point of taking bad penalties and costing, instead of leading, his team.

Management has had so much success even they are surprised with how well the team has come together and become so competitive.

I imagine they thought they needed one more year, but here we are, contending and, lest we forget, winning in the playoffs.

• Like 4

Love it!

(I'll grumble in another thread)

Such a great feeling as a long time fan to be back in the playoffs this year.  I'll take all the nail biting and stress, its a privilege to be able to be a part of it.  Its for moments like this that make you excited to be a hockey fan. In between rounds where you just defeated another team and getting ready for the next....where anything could happen.

But I too have high hopes.  Sure the Oiler apologists want to dismiss the season sweep with excuses, but the fact remains we took them to church all four times. There must be something in Tocchets system that helps neutralize Edmonton's.  Also Petey has done well against the Oilers.  So I expect him to have a resurgence this round.  Silovs is a rock. Miller will be a hound against McDavid's line.  Plus we are the ones who will be playing with way less pressure. Oilers are the most proliferate divers in the league though just to set up their PP, so we have to watch our disiplline. But I'm optimistic we can beat these cowpokes from Alberta

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

McDavid will cry ,whine and complain to the Refs all series ( as usual)  but in the end the Canucks will remain composed ,work hard,  stick to their systems and win the series as the predicted underdogs… being labelled that will motivate them even more. 

• Like 3

I have been watching the Canucks since the beginning. This year's team has given me more excitement, enjoyment and just plain fun than any that I can remember. I can't wait for the next game!

I love Silov's attitude. He is having the time of his life out there. I hope it is infectious, and the rest of the team adopts it. Having fun may just loosen some tightly held sticks and allow all of them to play to their full potential.

The pressure is all on the Oilers. They are trying very hard to totally disregard the regular season record against us. They do so at their peril. The Canucks are very hard to play against, and the additions of Zadorov and Lindholm, make them even more so. When we win the first game, we may be so far in the Oiler's heads that they will not fully recover until it is too late.

It will be a rough tough series, but I am an unapologetic optimist. The Canucks win.

GCG!!

• ThereItIs 1