[PGT] Edmonton at Vancouver ~ Round 2 - Game 1

3 minutes ago, Papa Sawce said:

I don’t post much on here but man, i am so proud of how I handled that game as a fan, not once did i waiver, the flow of the game was canucks favour from 2nd period on! Even with those two quick goals i felt we just needed one and we got one then 3 more!!! Let’s go im fired up

You better than me, I was about to give up on life after that 1st period 😂

• Haha 2

Just now, 1-d said:

I screamed in disbelief when Hogs totally looked off wide open EP between the slots.

Yeah that was a moment where I was like fk that would have been a goal. EP just needs one and he’s back baby 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cuporbust said:

Nikita Zadorov has more goals in 6 playoff games than him f sakes. 0 freakin goals in 6 playoff games . Real winner. I've seriously lost my patience with this kid. Every single year, he dissappears , and so far, useless in the playoffs too

Going into this year he was more a point per game in the playoffs. You should at least be accurate with your criticism.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

I get not wanting to break-up the Lindholm like but I can’t help but wonder how Petey would do with them. Hoglander and Mikheyev just don’t cut it. It’s just default cause the Miller and Lindholm lines are so good 

I think Tocc wants to matchup Petey against lesser opponents by having him on his own line. Miller and Boeser play against McDavid's line. Lindholm, Joshua and Garly against Draisaitl. Frees Petey to feast on one of the bottom 6 lines. But the fact is Mikheyev is where offence goes to die and Hog's magic is gone right now. So Petey can't even score on the bottom 6ers. Cause his bottom 6ers aren't great themselves.

I can see the thought process. I think the thing we also need to acknowledge is, when the Lotto line was together for parts of the season. They were getting outplayed. I think Petey is just in a funk this year. Petey just needs to figure this out I think. The Lotto line won't fix him, cause it didn't down the stretch. But hey, might be worth trying against Edmonton. They have a shakey goalie and their defence is mid.

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Just made the easiest $1,000 in my life lol - my poker buddy from Edmonton bet me 2 days ago that Oilers will sweep Canucks. $1000, even money lol. Oh, how he was gloating after 4th Oiler goal 🙂 

Will Ferrell Loser GIF

1 hour ago, Mrwipeout said:

wow what a comeback, the oilers keeper really suck balls, the difference in how many goals theres gonna be in this series is like day and night compared to the preds.....speaking of goalis, i thought silovs was gonna crack but instead he combined his mistakes with some awesome saves. an ok effort from in overall but if we would have lost he would have been the one at fault. my god do i love our third line tonight.... huge goals from zaddy and garland. And omg how valuable lindholm is... jesis..this game is barely over but i want the next one start like...NOWWW!!!! GCG!!!

Excited Cowboy GIF

Never a fan of blaming any one guy for a loss... especially a goalie unless he's particularly awful which Silovs absolutely was not. Review each goal closely and consider all that happened and you may feel differently

I was a lot more disappointed in Cole's outing than anyone but he's had a pretty solid playoffs so far and we all have off days. I imagine he was getting roasted in the GDT though and wouldn't be surprised to see Juulsen draw in at some point if Cole has another night like tonight

• Cheers 1

Just now, Rick_theRyper said:

Do they recall Podz now that Abby is done? 

Honestly, I'd slot Podz in where Hogs is. Might do him some good to sit for a bit. He's been a bit of a misadventure lately. Can we play Lekkerimaki? Might be fun to throw him in next to Petey. :classic_ninja:

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I think Tocc wants to matchup Petey against lesser opponents by having him on his own line. Miller and Boeser play against McDavid's line. Lindholm, Joshua and Garly against Draisaitl. Frees Petey to feast on one of the bottom 6 lines. But the fact is Mikheyev is where offence goes to die and Hog's magic is gone right now. So Petey can't even score on the bottom 6ers. Cause his bottom 6ers aren't great themselves.

I can see the thought process. I think the thing we also need to acknowledge is, when the Lotto line was together for parts of the season. They were getting outplayed. I think Petey is just in a funk this year. Petey just needs to figure this out I think. The Lotto line won't fix him, cause it didn't down the stretch. But hey, might be worth trying against Edmonton. They have a shakey goalie and their defence is mid.

Yeah when Petey is on he can still put up points with plugs but it’s not the easiest thing either. Hoglander isn’t much of a play maker and Mik is basically nothing in the offensive zone. Petey just needs a goal and things will happen again for him 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Connor McDavid when asked about Oiler team game:

"...I kinda liked our game..."

Well ok Connor... if you liked it, then please keep on doing the same.  😆

I kinda liked your game more, Connor.

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Love Podz. He’s not the saviour though. Not saying EP is either btw. Just saying there’s nothing we can do to get him playing to his potential again.

Oh I know, we don't need a saviour, we just need guys who go and play their asses off and he surely does that! 

I actually hope Petey proves me wrong, I just want him to play like Podz, if then he doesn't score etc, I wouldn't care as much, I just want to see a 7 mil effort out of the guy, and then 11 mil next year but not just during the season. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Yeah when Petey is on he can still put up points with plugs but it’s not the easiest thing either. Hoglander isn’t much of a play maker and Mik is basically nothing in the offensive zone. Petey just needs a goal and things will happen again for him 

Completely agree.

I think if Tocchet is not going to move Pettersson to the top line, then he needs to replace either Mikheyev or Hoglander on Pettersson's line.

Podz has been on the cusp of breaking out for the last 10 games... worth giving him a chance.  He is also better defensively than Hoglander.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Well that was satisfying!

Questions:

• will they put Silovs into game 2? He looked nervous tonight.
  • how injured is Draisaitl? He looked in distress at the end of the game.
  • can Canucks get some insights from game 1 on how to score on it on PP. Atm, it's just sucking the life out of them.
  • will Tocchet move Petey either with Lotto line or find a better scorer or passer than Mik or Hodlander.
Edited by AnotherCanucksFan