[PGT] Edmonton at Vancouver ~ Round 2 - Game 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/9/2024 at 12:53 PM, Devron said:

We are still in their heads. Regular season doesn’t count man 

First game of the series don't count either. 

It's like playing a whiny little brother 

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Haha 1

On 5/9/2024 at 1:31 PM, TopCheese said:

Love how mcdavid called the goals weird ones ….so a clap bomb an insane tip and a garly fake shot are weird 😂 i do think Silovs looked really shakey tonight but i dont think u go away from him next game unless its an L game 2 

Yup

He's got a w under his belt and might have worked out the jitters. 

Id only switch if he looks shaky next game

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

What's funny is that after Z went after Drais' ribs with a crosscheck and Drais retaliated, they ended up with coincidental minors. People were crying that we shouldn't scrum it up yet we scored on that ensuing 4 v 4 to make it 4-3 while taking Drais further off his game. 

It was sweet that Z scored the tying goal after. 

That is how we get in their heads. That's how we let them know we own them. 

Did anyone notice on the 4-2 Lindholm goal as well, while celebrating, DJ skated through Mcdavid and gave him a little shove and Mcdavid took it like a little B. 

It wasn't a malicious shove but it was telling that we will skate through them and we own the ice and they can't do anything about it. 

Exactly.  Setting that physical tone is so important.  Backing down and skating away would be such a stupid approach. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

First game of the series don't count either. 

It's like playing a whiny little brother 

Won’t count until we win it all 

23 hours ago, AngryGoose said:

were u able to find it? i saw it posted on twitter somewhere.  I can try and dig it up for you

I saw a still shot, glorious. But if you can find the video I’d love that.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2024 at 5:00 PM, cripplereh said:

Team game,one player on a team never wins.

Ya, well remove Nathan Mackinnon from the avs, then tell me it's a team game with the results 

On 5/10/2024 at 7:34 PM, cuporbust said:

Ya, well remove Nathan Mackinnon from the avs, then tell me it's a team game with the results 

LOL players get hurt I agree top players hurt more but without D and a goalie that one player is as only good as the team.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, cripplereh said:

LOL players get hurt I agree top players hurt more but without D and a goalie that one player is as only good as the team.

That has nothing to do with your big money forward,  not producing, costing you games . Sure, it's a team game. It will , and probably has cost us games to have Pettersson not doing more than the " little things". Little things help, and not doing the big things ( for players that get paid big to to them) costs games. What's your point in relation to that exactly? It's a team sport? Uhh, ok , got it. 😳 

Edited by cuporbust

17 hours ago, cuporbust said:

That has nothing to do with your big money forward,  not producing, costing you games . Sure, it's a team game. It will , and probably has cost us games to have Pettersson not doing more than the " little things". Little things help, and not doing the big things ( for players that get paid big to to them) costs games. What's your point in relation to that exactly? It's a team sport? Uhh, ok , got it. 😳 

Well coaching make a big difference and players that slump in a good system should not cost you the game.

As we see with McDavid it takes two sometimes three players to get the puck and we have done that (team game) to him.

You need stars and third fourth lines going to win games.That is a team game there.

Depth is key for playoffs and one guy isn't going to win every game no matter who they are