Zadorov Fined $5000 and Soucy suspended for 1 game for the Ruffling McDavid's Feathers

5 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Go further and erect a statue in front of Rogers 

If we win a cup, the double tap crosscheck to McDiver would be a great troll job on EDM forever. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The canucks may as well  spear all the nuts of the top Oilers starting with McDouche.  The DOPS has already set the precedent that supplementary penalties will not be given.

Just now, Ronaldoescobar said:

I remember when we last lost a guy to a suspension after being up in a series.. Was downhill from there… 😞

Meh.  He was our 7th D.   Our 7th D in this scenario, is a a man.   Don't know why that should even be brought up.   Come on.   Murzyn went down and Glynn took over, can say that too. 

• Cheers 1

I thought the hit from behind was actually the worst part of the three player exchange. The cross-check to the face was the result of that, otherwise it just would have been some reckless stick work after the whistle, including by McDavid. The fact that they didn't fine anyone for the spear or McDavid's slash to Hughes' face basically confirms that "player safety" isn't applied universally which is a terrible look for the league (but hardly anything new).

• Like 1

Just now, tuboo said:

The canucks may as well  spear all the nuts of the top Oilers starting with McDouche.  The DOPS has already set the precedent that supplementary penalties will not be given.

*...unless said player to receive supplementary punishment is a Canuck.  Then the wheel of justice is spun for the Canuck.

**...unless said player to receive supplementary punishment is a Canuck, and the player infracted upon is an offspring of a league bigwig.  Then the book is thrown at the Canuck.

Just now, NoCupSyndrome said:

Hyman cross checked Big Z in the face after McDavid got hit.

Big Z needed stitches, McDavid nothing. And Soucy gets suspended. Cool, cool

Hyman was merely defending his Lord. All Hail Lord McDiver.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pianoman said:

Hot take: Cole is actually playing quite well. Just had some reaaaaaaaaaally unlucky breaks the last few games

Agreed, his luck is bound to change at some point. He needs to improve his body position but he has had some super unlucky bounces recently. 

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, tuboo said:

hard to do if they don''t have any

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

The fine to Zadorov and the suspension to Soucy given everything the Oilers were allowed to get away cannot be interpreted in any other way than league bias. Any other explanation defies logic and ignores basic facts.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, NoCupSyndrome said:

Hyman cross checked Big Z in the face after McDavid got hit.

Big Z needed stitches, McDavid nothing. And Soucy gets suspended. Cool, cool

The league has already said they have done reviewing all of it and they are done 

It is what it is ..... Yes it's 100% double standard and bs but it's time to move on and focus on game 4.  I hope they play mean and physical but don't take the bait because even farting near a couple of the Oilers will draw a 5 for retaliation 

Keep it legal , mean , nasty and the then bring this series home 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pianoman said:

Hot take: Cole is actually playing quite well. Just had some reaaaaaaaaaally unlucky breaks the last few games

its not hot I didn't like this game 1 overall but game 2-3 he was solid af just unlucky.

• Like 1

I loved watching McDiver crumple like a lawn chair as much as the next Canucks fan. But the suspension was deserved. One game is more than fair. If anything, after the shot block he took last game, a game off could help in the long run. And we’re going to need Juulsen if this goes longer, so getting him another game here will keep him engaged too.

You can say that all players are the same, so why not Hyman too - but that’s nonsensical. McDavid is an absolute star. The league can’t allow players to take liberties with him after the whistle. Roughing him up during the play in legal (or even borderline) ways is one thing, but letting this just slide would be a terrible look.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Sapper said:

The league has already said they have done reviewing all of it and they are done 

It is what it is ..... Yes it's 100% double standard and bs but it's time to move on and focus on game 4.  I hope they play mean and physical but don't take the bait because even farting near a couple of the Oilers will draw a 5 for retaliation 

I'm not upset, it's expected. Just hope the boys rally around it and use it as fuel.

Edited by NoCupSyndrome
  • chaos 1

4 minutes ago, Sapper said:

Why?  Are we (the fans) going out there on the ice?
The players need to (and will) move on and focus on game 4.

The league (owners) are allowed to be held accountable by their customers (the fans). 

46 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yep.   This was a result I can live with too.   What we can watch forever is a crosscheck to McDivers face.  

The still shot is my new screensaver for my phone.

• Like 1