[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs R2 G4 (Van lead series 2-1) Vancouver Canucks @ Oilers - Tues May 14 6:52pm PT/9:52pm ET - Edmonton

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

If not for Silovs, this series would be going into its last period

I disagree. Shots don't tell the whole story, the way they have been double shifting mcdrai obviously they would outshoot them

We have done a great job on the counter attack and cycle 

I think this series has been pretty even.

Not tonight though. We really miss Soucy, these defensive pairings aren't working.

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, Blue said:

It is basically an elimination game for Edm. Did anyone think this was going to be easy ?

The score isn't because the Oilers are playing great, it's because the Canucks are playing a subpar game. Creating a 2-1 because of bad defensive choices isn't about the Oilers play.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Donald Trump said:

Of course I want the Canucks to win! I really hope they do! But this has been my favorite canucks playoff series in 13 years and another game to watch won't hurt. That said, WIN DA TURD!

Bigly!

• Cheers 1

It would amuse me if we tie it up and win it in a double or triple overtime to really empty McDry’s gas tanks. Sure,

we’d be tired too, but not nearly as bad.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Completely disagree. He's been engaged defensively all night. 

Yes it’s what we paid 11.6 to him for. To be a defensive forward. I can’t get excited that on the odd night he plays well defensively. That’s a pretty low bar for him. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Who the fuck are you to gatekeep Canucks fandom?  It's none of your fucking business how I choose to cheer for my team and it's not your place to tell anyone to leave.  You're a nobody

Why don't you leave?  all you ever do is whine about other posters.  You don't discuss actual hockey in any way, shape or form aside from participating in a circle jerk

Bro you're the worst poster on these forums. Does it shock you that every time you come here you get shit on? No one likes you. 

Here are your people.  https://oilfans.com/forum/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=3

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

Pettersson himself has been fine there's only so much a guy can do with 4line plug linemates

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Sorry, the money he's making next year gives him ZERO excuse for being non existent in this years play offs.

Myers is playing an excellent game.

Big Z has been mostly playing a safe conservative game... he was probably told by Tocchet not to stick his head out.

Hughes is playing well.

Cole a little shaky.

Juulsen showing his inexperience.

Hronek has been generally good... some decent plays.

• Cheers 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

Anybody without Mikheyev on it. The fact Linus Karlsson looks better than him says something.

I'm all in on giving our younger players a chance when a regular isn't performing over a long period of time.

In the last few games a farmer would be better than Cole. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, brownky said:

He’s right though. 

the Canucks haven’t played well enough consistently all series. They win in ‘spurts’. 

Watch how Carolina plays the Rangers. They might be down, but I really don’t think deservedly. It’s skate, work, work, work, all game. 

Canucks think they can coast on talent or something. As soon as they get a pass they go full A-frame and glide. Wait for passes along the wall rather than go get the puck. 

They’ve got a whole period to make something happen. They had about 6 minutes in the second where they ‘manned up’. They need to be there all game.

the spurts they've needed to. there are no style points in playoffs. if they had needed to dictate more of the play, they would have. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Breadnbutta said:

I disagree. Shots don't tell the whole story, the way they have been double shifting mcdrai obviously they would outshoot them

We have done a great job on the counter attack and cycle 

I think this series has been pretty even.

Not tonight though. We really miss Soucy, these defensive pairings aren't working.

I agree shots don't tell the story, but it tells a story, especially when you combine it with possession time.  It's not a good story

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CanucksCountry said:

Pettersson himself has been fine there's only so much a guy can do with 4line plug linemates

Disagree......for once I agree with Hrudey.  EP has been terrible in the playoffs.  For those who say he's played well defensively, who hasn't?  For those who say he plays with plugs....sure, but he's the star making star money who should be elevating his line.  He didn't play this poorly in the regular season with the same plugs. He should at least be taking good shots on the PP.....or helping with possession on the PP.

No way anyone can truly say he's played well or fine.  He's been brutal for his pay level and skill level.  He's either injured or not putting in enough effort.

• Upvote 1

Frustrating that the second goal doesn't happen if the league isn't on McDavid's c*ck. Soucy doesn't step up for that hit and odd man rush doesn't happen.

Down 2 but we haven't looked out. Oilers are playing much tighter defence in front of Picard though.

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

Myers is playing an excellent game.

Big Z has been mostly playing a safe conservative game... he was probably told by Tocchet not to stick his head out.

Hughes is playing well.

Cole a little shaky.

Juulsen showing his inexperience.

Hronek has been generally good... some decent plays.

I don't think hroneks been good. 

• Upvote 1