[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Steaming Coilers, May 16, 7PM PDT (10EDT), Rogers Arena - the STOP PLAYING SO TIMID AND SMASH THEIR NARDS GAME!

It was the Best of Times! It was the Worst of Times!  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Coiler you would most like stuffed in a porta-potty and set on fire after the game tomorrow?

• McJesus - well he would be on everyone's top 10 so getting it out of the way!
    • Evander "I-will-bet-on-2-dogs-fucking" Kane
    • Corey "yes, I do enjoy being spanked with a tennis racket while wearing fishnet stockings and 6" heels" Perry
    • Zack "I will fight Zeke any time - NOT!" Hyman
    • None of the worthy contestants above, see my vote below
  2. 2. When will a Canadian Team finally win a Cup?

• This Year Baby - Our Beloved Canucks will go all the way!
    • When the Angel of Death visits Gary Bettman while conducting his morning constitution!
    • When Kelly Sutherland and the rest of the Donkeys are banned from reffing!
    • When the Quebec Nordiques are Resurrected!
    • None of the above, see my answer below!

7 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Completely off topic but how the hell does Kong ever lose to Godzilla in a fight? Those arms on Kong should just effortlessly rip off the lizards little head.

Apologies for the nerdy little interlude.

Almost nothing beats Godzilla. 

I like the changes to the lineup if that's what Tocchet goes with. Good balance on the top 3 lines and the 4th line should provide a mix of smart defensive play and good energy. 

Go Canucks Go

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Shift-4 said:

I hope this line up is for real.

Especially 23 and 40 together

I’m usually not a doomer type, but I do fear the possibility of Lindholm not sparking Petey, but rather Petey bringing down LIndholm who has without doubt been GREAT for us. 

I’m sticking to my call of Petey playing with a sports hernia type infliction.  If I’m right then I’ll claim my 5 minutes of forum fame at the appropriate time.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Nuclear breath. Pretty sure Kong wouldn't get within 10' of Godzilla without being a pile of burnt fur.

Fair point. But if Kong can find himself a football field sized shield of some sort and get in close, its over for reptile.

2 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

these are 100% our best lines. Petey now surrounded by skill and has a ferocious puck retriever on his wing too.

if we're gonna win, this is how. just need silovs to give us ONE more game. 

I assume that by “ONE” more game you are assuming Demko is back for Game 6 or 7?

I think that would be a terrible idea to throw him in cold like that. From what I’ve heard he hasn’t even taken proper shots in practice.

Just now, Locke Lamora said:

I assume that by “ONE” more game you are assuming Demko is back for Game 6 or 7?

I think that would be a terrible idea to throw him in cold like that. From what I’ve heard he hasn’t even taken proper shots in practice.

i mean if silovs can give us this win, game 6 becomes less important, silovs can let in a couple softies then, and hopefully demko is fully ready to go by game 7

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Nuclear breath. Pretty sure Kong wouldn't get within 10' of Godzilla without being a pile of burnt fur.

He never faced the flatulence of Alflives after eating at Taco Bell 😃

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

6 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I’m usually not a doomer type, but I do fear the possibility of Lindholm not sparking Petey, but rather Petey bringing down LIndholm who has without doubt been GREAT for us. 

I’m sticking to my call of Petey playing with a sports hernia type infliction.  If I’m right then I’ll claim my 5 minutes of forum fame at the appropriate time.

We find out in 8 hours!

Great lines, happy with that. I do worry Petey and Lindholm really sucked when together in the regular season defensively though so if they get scored on a bunch then surely Rick moves things around but Lindholm is a much better player now and Petey has been dynamite on the wing.

The matchups will be important again. Miller can play against McDavid, Blueger can try and play against Draisaitl but Lindholm will probably take that role, but any time their 3rd or 4th lines are out there I think Lindholm and Petey go up.

The coach has done his bit, now it's really down to the players to out-work Edmonton and execute and we know we can.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

QH needs to be better too.  

Oilers figured him out 

they pressure high on the blue line and don’t allow for him to walk the line. 

how many odd man rushes last game was it the forwards get the puck low and feed it back to the D - every time the oilers had that picked, even on the power play

So it has come down to crunch time.  If you asked me in September what I would have thought if the Canucks were in this situation, I would have been delighted - best out of three against a contender.  So to keep it short..

Hope all 19 players have their best playoff game tonight -  EVERY single player from the goalie out - contributing their part.  Play as a team, feed off the crowd (we are there to support you), keep focus and see where this takes us.  

Go Canucks Go.

justwin.jpg

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

If that was the case why would Toccett be calling Petey out?