[PGT] Divemonton at Vancouver - Round 2 - Game 5

6 hours ago, -dlc- said:

This is playoff hockey for chrissake.

God, to cherry pick some good solid hits and penalize them is mind boggling.  Refs were garbage again last night...too much of that happening.

Hope you had a great time. We were all rooting for you as long as you didn't pass out.

Do you need a new cowbell?

10 minutes ago, jimboB said:

Firing Green was the biggest mistake this team has done. Tocchet is a one hit wonder unfortunately; let's not forget he has never won anything at all. The oilers are mostly beating themselves, we barely squeaked past Nashville, a fringe playoff team. This team would get destroyed by a team like Dallas unfortunately, even if the oilers choke. Sorry canucks fans, it's been "fun" this year, but ultimately an epic waste of time. Next year we aren't even making the playoffs like I say Tocchet is a one-hit wonder. 

My favourite part was where you said "WE barely squeaked past Nashville". Your acting is horrible. 

4 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Yup! Pretty much everyone is on the Canuck's Band wagon now!

8qfsdn.jpg

Yeah, she must be blonde. Higher chance of winning the powerball this year. Unfortunately. 

5 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Yup! Pretty much everyone is on the Canuck's Band wagon now!

8qfsdn.jpg

Me! Me!  I'm the cup thing!

• Haha 3
  • Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Kyper and Bourne are mocking PDG for taking leave to be with his wife following what he described as a tough pregnancy - absolutely classless trash 

That fucking Kypreos has always been as loud and dumb as a braying donkey.

And he has always had it in for the Canucks.

Well wee Nicky, you've made a fool of yourself again, and we can smell your stink from here.

This is the way I like to remember you when you played.

Also, you are a donkey.  What follows is exclusive footage never seen by anyone outside of the Gnu Yoke Ranjerks secret videotape viewing room deep down underneath Madison Square Gardens.  For viewers unfamiliar with the organization, the amorous one is none other than Nick Kypreos, and that is his coach Mike Keenan with the partially-dropped trousers.  Enjoy:

oEQN2x.gif

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, jimboB said:

Yeah, she must be blonde. Higher chance of winning the powerball this year. Unfortunately. 

She could grab McDiver by the groin and still have no chance of touching a cup.

14 hours ago, RWJC said:

haha, still think youre wrong about him. In fact:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMM31gGSy/

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMM31Whex/

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-rick-tocchet-great-listener

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-rick-tocchet-a-jack-adams-award-finalist

6:00min mark onwards:

I could keep going but it doesn’t matter. Just think you don’t understand how he tries to balance the game being played night in night out versus different opponents and their strengths and weaknesses up against ours.  You see it from a fans POV, which makes sense, but you don’t see what he’s doing from ice or room level perspective, imho. Unlike other coaches we’ve had in recent memory, he’s created balance out of chaos and that involves giving players a chance and the responsibility to play out of their funk, and when that fails he makes further adjustments. He’s a player’s coach…that’s how you have to operate with this group. 

I think you misunderstand my opinions on Tocchet. 

He's a phenomenal coach, but he has two weaknesses. One is being stubborn with lineups (examples: sinking Petey with Mikheyev for nearly a full season, not re-uniting the best line in the league statistically in Garland Blueger Joshua, Hoglander was stuck in the bottom 4 for ages, young skill guys not being put up in the lineup, etc.). The other is not using his timeouts/pulling goalies when optimal. 

Aside from that he's a fantastic systems coach, a top tier defensive breakout coach, excellent defensive coach, a great team coach who is a phenomenal communicator and motivator, etc. He's not in charge of the powerplay or pk, so I'll give him a pass on those. 

He absolutely 100% deserves the Jack Adams award, there is no questioning that. I'm just simply stating (like anybody), that he can do better. Same thing with Alain Vignault, he was a fantastic coach as well and did many things right but he had his few flaws which ultimately prevented the team from being as good in the post season as they should have been. He too didn't change things up too often, held onto lineups that didn't/weren't working, didn't adapt to other teams' strategies over 7-game series, etc. AV was still a great coach, but just had his flaws, similar to how Tocchet is a great coach but he could go into a different stratosphere if he set himself up for success with some questionable lineup selections.

Last night we tuned into a 4-line team, before that in the playoffs we were a 2-line team essentially (Miller's line and Garland's line). That's unlocking a new level of depth and it was evident to a lot of posters here that we were going to have a great game because matchup wise it should slaughter the lack of Oilers forward depth. Many called it, and it was true. By far our best game against them and it wasn't even close in regards to the other games played this series. 

Tocchet is great, but choosing your lineup correctly could be the difference between a team going far in the playoffs vs going nowhere in the playoffs. Small sample size, but many of us feel it's no coincidence that the team owned the Oilers 5v5 last game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Pretty good recap from an unbiased Oilers fan

F the Coilers and their loser fans. They should keep to their own smelly city and message boards. 

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, jimboB said:

Firing Woodcroft was the biggest mistake this team has done. Knob is a one hit wonder unfortunately; let's not forget he has never won anything at all. The oilers are mostly beating themselves, we cant even beat Vancouver, a fringe playoff team. This team would get destroyed by a team like Dallas or Denver unfortunately, even if the Canucks choke. Sorry Oilers fans, it's been "fun" 8 year ride, but ultimately an epic waste of time, money, and draft capital. Next year we aren't even making the playoffs; like I say Draisatl and McD will decide to leave after this shitty year. This team is a two player one-hit wonder. 

Sorry, auto correct screwed up; it really read......

Edited by BC_Hawk

1 minute ago, BCNate said:

Any updates on Demko?

coming along but longshot for this weekend/series, per above tocchet presser. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Lol the oilers board on hf is hilarious. Complete implosion. What I find funny is that some are complaining about reffing. Are they for real? 

Take your bias out of your head. Zadorov is getting away with murder 

• Haha 3
  • Wiener 1

27 minutes ago, jimboB said:

Firing Green was the biggest mistake this team has done. Tocchet is a one hit wonder unfortunately; let's not forget he has never won anything at all. The oilers are mostly beating themselves, we barely squeaked past Nashville, a fringe playoff team. This team would get destroyed by a team like Dallas unfortunately, even if the oilers choke. Sorry canucks fans, it's been "fun" this year, but ultimately an epic waste of time. Next year we aren't even making the playoffs like I say Tocchet is a one-hit wonder. 

You just replied to yourself....

Are You Ok Hero GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm a referee, although I've obviously never worked a game at the NHL level....

I'll preface this by saying that I don't believe the league or the refs have it in for the Canucks, but this series is really testing my resolve. I don't believe McDavid deliberately high sticked Huggy, but I also don't understand why there was no huddle with the linesmen to see if anyone saw it.

I was okay with the one game suspension to Soucy and the fine to Z, because I know that professional sports leagues are always going to favor their "superstars". What I couldn't understand is zero repercussions for Hyman's cross check on Zadorov. Hyman's a very good player, but he should not be untouchable....

That being said, I've seen it all before. Strange decisions by refs and DoPS and weak attempts by commentators to justify them....until the "charging" call against Petey last night. I kept hearing it over and over from analysts and pundits...."I've never seen that call before". As a ref myself, and someone who's played well over 1000 competitive hockey games, neither have I.

It was an absolute head scratcher and whichever of the zebras made the call is going to feel pretty ridiculous watching that replay.

Thanks amigo... this is much appreciated... 

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, jimboB said:

IMG_4582.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

Funny. But does anyone really see McD or Drais re-signing there after next season? I don't. 

I've said it before... I predict that McD, and Mathews will jump ship to an American team with favorable tax structure, signing team friendly deals to try to win multiple cups in a row. 

They could say go to Florida, zero income tax, similar to the way those NBA so-called stars did a couple of years back. They won what, 3 championships then split up again and none of them made oodles of money, but they got their cup rings. 

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, jimboB said:

Epic post lol

amen to the oilers beating themselves at the pleasure of ourselves …

and if there is one thing you can count on us for - it’s to watch the oilers beat themselves … wait what ? 

• Like 1